Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

J1 visa for Canadian Permanent Resident- Medical training in the US

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Timeline

Hi friends,

I wish if you can help me since i have no clue about this,

I am a canadian permanent resident,and will apply to match of 2012,

by that time i would not have the canadian passport, but have been living in canada for 3 years

after i do interviews in the US, and whether they select me for J1 or H1 visa,

can i have the visa (j1 or h1) issued from canada? or do i have to go back to the country whose passport i have although i have been living in canada for 3 years (place of last residence)

on the internet i read that permanent residents in canada are elligible to get letter (statement) of need from health canada if they have MCCEE, thats wht i understood,

but some guy tells me that they stamp the visas (h1 or j1) on your passport (which belongs to my country since i dont have a canadian passport)

can any kind soul help me on this?

Thank you so so much for your help

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...