Veronik

August Interviews in Montreal - K1

234 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

OK, so I had a relaxing weekend at my family cabin, and now that I'm home and packing for Montreal I am freaking out!!!!! :crying:

No more calm, collected me. I am mostly anxious about getting to Montreal and have been having visions of the train breaking down, or some natural disaster preventing my interview from happening.

I'm only going from Toronto to Montreal. I can't imagine people flying in from the Prairies or East Coast. What stress!

Anyway, I'll let you know how it all goes as soon as I get back. I'll be home Wednesday evening so please expect an optimistic review :wacko:

August is finally here!!!!!! :thumbs:

AOS

POE @ Toronto Pearson - 08/12/10

Civil Ceremony - 08/27/10

Applied for SSN in married name - 09/06/10 (I was told it will take 4 weeks to get the background check cleared and an additional 2 weeks to receive my card)

AOS/EAD/AP sent with FedEx - 09/25/10

E-Notice From Chicago - 10/05/10

I-797C, NOA1 Received - 10/08/10

SSN card received (FINALLY!)- 10/23/10

Biometrics appointment - 10/28/10

EAD Approved - 11/19/10 (USCIS Website Notice)

AP Approved & Received - 11/22/10

EAD Received- 11/23/10

Interview - 02/07/11 APPROVED!

I am now a U.S. Permanent Resident!!

My K1 Journey can be found on the 'About Me' page

Timeline

Which one of our August interviewees has the longest distance to travel to get to Montreal?

I'm taking VIA rail from Toronto to Montreal. I think it will take me 6 hours. My mom and I were going to drive but have decided to avoid getting lost, as we're notorious for it (even with a GPS) :bonk:

AOS

Applied for SSN in married name - 09/06/10 (I was told it will take 4 weeks to get the background check cleared and an additional 2 weeks to receive my card)

EAD Received- 11/23/10

Which one of our August interviewees has the longest distance to travel to get to Montreal?

I'm taking VIA rail from Toronto to Montreal. I think it will take me 6 hours. My mom and I were going to drive but have decided to avoid getting lost, as we're notorious for it (even with a GPS) :bonk:

Hi Rose... Wishing you the best on your interview :D I'm sure it will go great! I'm getting nervous too, when I flipped the calender over to Aug. I was like OMG...lol Tomorrow will only be a week away until our interview day, but i'm sure we all are ready and prepared, we had a lot of time for preparing.

We are going to be taking VIA rail too. I'm coming from Windsor tho.. So in all.. It will take about 10 hours with the lay over stop in Toronto. Should be fun much!

Can't wait to hear your review..

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Timeline

Mah ha ha ha. Longest distance?!? I am going to bet I am travelling the furthest hands down due to circumstance. Usually I would be travelling from Ottawa where I currently live. But we have friends getting married in Alaska the weekend before the interview. We'll be visiting them for 5 days before the wedding. In other words when we leave Alaska, we will be flying on a red eye flight on the Saturday night and arriving into Montreal on Sunday afternoon before my Monday 8am interview. Once I decided that I was going I've elected to NOT be stressed about it. But...it'll be a long distance between 3 flights practically the night and day before hahaha. It'll all be fine...I hope!! In reality its August the weather is great and its lots of time to travel the distance even if there were to be delays. So don't stress too much Rose416 :innocent:

08/31/2010 POE09/25/2010 Civil WeddingAOS Timeline10/11/2010 AOS Package Sent10/20/2010 NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP11/12/2010 Biometrics Appointment1/4/2011 Received EAD and AP documents!1/11/2011 AOS Interview - APPROVED!!1/15/2011 - Received Approval notice for I-485, Green card on its way!!1/21/2011 - Received Green Card!!Removal of Conditions11/1/2012-Sent Application to California Service Center ..... N-40007/29/2016 - Received date at Phoenix lockbox 8/01/2016 - N-400 NOA<p>xx/xx/xxxx - BiometricsOnto the next step!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone!

Wow, everyone is so positive! It's so uplifting to read! I am FREAKING OUT here, so nervous! :wacko: I keep thinking of things that could happen, like being put in AP and wait another 5 months, them refusing me because of some reason,them saying I'm denied because I was up here visiting for 6 weeks, me crashing the car driving there... Someone stealing my bag at the airport and taking all my documents with them... Gosh, I should stop! :bonk:

I'm also very sad to leave Chris... I just wish I had some kind of certainty that I'm coming back... Even if technically I should only be gone for roughly two weeks, I'm sad to leave him and home, and I wish he was coming to the interview with me... :unsure:

So anyways, I have a feeling I'm gonna need a lot of support from the troop or I'll go insane!

I've updated the list and put another column with "result of interview" so we can keep track of all our approvals! Because it's gonna be a good month I can tell!!!

User ............... P3 Logged ..... Days Since ....... Interview Date! ... Countdown to I.D. ... Result of I.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mandaNchris ........ April 16th .... 62 days .......... Aug 10th ........... 8 days .............

Rose416 ............ April 16th? ... 62 days .......... Aug 3rd ........... 1 day ..............

Vero and Chris ..... April 26th .... 56 days .......... Aug 9th ........... 7 days .............

J & J .............. April 27th .... 54 days .......... Aug 9th ........... 7 days .............

Pasht .............. April 30th .... 52 days .......... Aug 23rd .......... 21 days .............

Wishing ............ May 4th ....... 43 days .......... Aug 16th .......... 14 days .............

Alaba .............. May 6th ....... 45 days .......... Aug 11th .......... 9 days ..............

netguy ............. May 10th ...... 42 days .......... Aug 24th .......... 22 days .............

Ken and Kate ....... May 11th ...... 43 days .......... Aug 25th .......... 23 days .............

Valerie78 .......... May 17th ...... 35 days .......... Aug 23rd .......... 21 days .............

nickbits ........... May 17th? ..... 35 days .......... Aug 12th .......... 10 days..............

Brenda2010 ......... May 19th ...... 34 days .......... Aug 24th .......... 22 days .............

funeshah ........... xxx xxxx ...... xx xxxx .......... Aug 16th .......... 14 days .............

Best of luck Rose416! I can't wait to read your review! I know it'll all be ok! Gosh I can't wait to see how it went! We all will be thinking of you tomorrow!

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Hey guys! August is finally here!! I bet you're all going crazy and excited about the interviews coming up, i wish you all the best of luck and hope to hear great news all this month!!! :thumbs:

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

Timeline

Gosh, right now, Rose416 is in line, waiting to go in, how crazy is that!!! :o

I'm sure it'll all be ok, I CAN'T wait to read her review!!! I can't wait to update our list with the first 'approved!' on it!!! :dance:

Is anyone else feeling like they might be sick any minute now? :blink:

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Timeline

Hello August Interviewees! I've got good news ~~~~~~~ I GOT APPROVED!!!!!!

I will write my full review tomorrow (I took mental notes to share with you all).

The only thing I'll let you know is - be prepared to WAIT!

I arrived at the consulate first thing. 6:30am, no one in line. I didn't leave until 1:30pm. I was one of the last to leave. Ridiculous! It turns out that I was a 'guinea pig' for a new online program (D-160) for K1 visas. By the time I got called into the interview I didn't feel nervous, just annoyed and cranky.

HAHA. So, relax, get your paperwork together, have a good breakfast and bring a good book. Once they tell you you're approved nothing else matters!

I am going to celebrate with my mom in rainy Montreal.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

AOS

EAD Received- 11/23/10

Timeline

I will write my full review tomorrow (I took mental notes to share with you all).

I arrived at the consulate first thing. 6:30am, no one in line. I didn't leave until 1:30pm. I was one of the last to leave. Ridiculous! It turns out that I was a 'guinea pig' for a new online program (D-160) for K1 visas. By the time I got called into the interview I didn't feel nervous, just annoyed and cranky.

HAHA. So, relax, get your paperwork together, have a good breakfast and bring a good book. Once they tell you you're approved nothing else matters!

OMG!!! YEAH!!! THE FIRST APPROVAL OF AUGUST!!! :dance::dance:

I'm SO happy for you Rose416!!! Thank you so much for popping in today, I've been thinking about you since 7:00 am!!!

Can't wait to read your review!!! :dance:

Timeline

Congratulations to Rose416! :thumbs:

User ............... P3 Logged ..... Days Since ....... Interview Date ..... Countdown to I.D. ... Result of I.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mandaNchris ........ April 16th .... 62 days .......... Aug 10th ........... 7 days .............

Rose416 ............ April 16th? ... 62 days .......... Aug 3rd ........... xxxxx .............. Approved!

Vero and Chris ..... April 26th .... 56 days .......... Aug 9th ........... 6 days .............

J & J .............. April 27th .... 54 days .......... Aug 9th ........... 6 days .............

Pasht .............. April 30th .... 52 days .......... Aug 23rd .......... 20 days .............

Wishing ............ May 4th ....... 43 days .......... Aug 16th .......... 13 days .............

Alaba .............. May 6th ....... 45 days .......... Aug 11th .......... 8 days ..............

netguy ............. May 10th ...... 42 days .......... Aug 24th .......... 21 days .............

Ken and Kate ....... May 11th ...... 43 days .......... Aug 25th .......... 22 days .............

Valerie78 .......... May 17th ...... 35 days .......... Aug 23rd .......... 20 days .............

nickbits ........... May 17th? ..... 35 days .......... Aug 12th .......... 9 days..............

Brenda2010 ......... May 19th ...... 34 days .......... Aug 24th .......... 21 days .............

funeshah ........... xxx xxxx ...... xx xxxx .......... Aug 16th .......... 13 days .............

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Nov 25, 2009: Sent out I-129F Package

Nov 30, 2009: Received NOA1

Mar 31, 2010: NOA 2 Approved

Apr 02, 2010: NVC Received

Apr 04, 2010: NVC Left

Apr 07, 2010: Consulate Received

Apr 26, 2010: Packet 3 Received

Apr 27, 2010: Packet 3 Sent

Jun 28, 2010: Packet 4 Received

May 12, 2010: Medical

Aug 11 2010: Interview Date

APPROVED!!!: Interview Result

Oct 19, 2010: POE

Nov 21, 2010: MARRIED!!!!!!

Mar 16, 2011: AOS Package sent to Chicago Lockbox

Mar 17, 2011: AOS Package recieved Signed for by Jay

Apr 26, 2011: NOA Hard Copies Recieved for AOS, EAD and AP

May 10, 2011: Biometrics Appointment

May 12, 2011: Email - Approved EAD/AP

May 21, 2011: Combo Card Arrived in Mail

July 5, 2011: AOS Interview -------- APPROVED!!!!

Timeline

Congrats Rose416!!! Can't wait to read the review...wow sounds like you had a long day at the consulate tho, that a late departure!!!

08/31/2010 POE09/25/2010 Civil WeddingAOS Timeline10/11/2010 AOS Package Sent10/20/2010 NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP11/12/2010 Biometrics Appointment1/4/2011 Received EAD and AP documents!1/11/2011 AOS Interview - APPROVED!!1/15/2011 - Received Approval notice for I-485, Green card on its way!!1/21/2011 - Received Green Card!!Removal of Conditions11/1/2012-Sent Application to California Service Center ..... N-40007/29/2016 - Received date at Phoenix lockbox 8/01/2016 - N-400 NOA<p>xx/xx/xxxx - BiometricsOnto the next step!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Oooo I had to fill out the DS-160 as well and not the other forms. I am interested to read your review. Apparently some couples are still being asked to fill out both, or the DS-156/K

See profile for our K-1 Visa/AOS story from 2010-2011Apparently we love USCIS/NVC so much we left and are doing it again! This time giving IR-1 a whirl. Rock on immigrators.

07/09/2014 sent in IR-1 packet to Chicago Lockbox

07/16/2014 NOA1

07/17/2014 check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2014 found out we are expecting baby #2 June 2015!

12/15/2014 NOA2

12/30/2014 Case received by NVC

03/23/2015 Received Case and Inv # from NVC after many calls and bogus excuses.

03/24/2015 AOS payment accepted by NVC

04/09/2015 IV payment finally accepted by NVC after the set the wrong fee and took weeks to correct it.

*many more delays thanks to the agency processing my fingers prints to the RCMP and the post office losing our mail*

05/20/2015 Packet sent to NVC via UPS, eta May 28.

06/16/2015 Baby #2 due - homebirth in Scottsdale, AZ

Timeline

Oooo I had to fill out the DS-160 as well and not the other forms. I am interested to read your review. Apparently some couples are still being asked to fill out both, or the DS-156/K

If they "used" Rose416 as a guinea pig for that form, I have a feeling it'll take a while still before they don't ask anyone to fill in the DS-156. I know I had to fill in too for the P3, anywho!

J&J, are you nervous yet? What time are you guys planning on getting there Monday?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.