Veronik

August Interviews in Montreal - K1

234 posts in this topic

beantown79,

Thanks for the wishes! I think I'm the only one that actually filed in November though... Oh well!

i filed in november!!!!

sidenote: i'm happy for all these folks getting there noa2s in one/two months from vt but damn, i'm green with envy. this has been a long haul.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Valerie78,

Oh! That's right!!! I forgot you filed in November! Gosh I know, right, we've been waiting a LONG time for this!!! Almost done now!!!

Edited by Vero and Chris

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

HalfnHalf - I remember just when I'd given up hope the interview date appeared! It won't be too long now.

VeroandChris - Are you back posting when you said you would try to stay away? :rofl: or does that only start on Monday? I laugh cuz I would do the same....

08/31/2010 POE09/25/2010 Civil WeddingAOS Timeline10/11/2010 AOS Package Sent10/20/2010 NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP11/12/2010 Biometrics Appointment1/4/2011 Received EAD and AP documents!1/11/2011 AOS Interview - APPROVED!!1/15/2011 - Received Approval notice for I-485, Green card on its way!!1/21/2011 - Received Green Card!!Removal of Conditions11/1/2012-Sent Application to California Service Center ..... N-40007/29/2016 - Received date at Phoenix lockbox 8/01/2016 - N-400 NOA<p>xx/xx/xxxx - BiometricsOnto the next step!!

Timeline

Well guys & gals just over a week for us to start the August party!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

08/31/2010 POE09/25/2010 Civil WeddingAOS Timeline10/11/2010 AOS Package Sent10/20/2010 NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP11/12/2010 Biometrics Appointment1/4/2011 Received EAD and AP documents!1/11/2011 AOS Interview - APPROVED!!1/15/2011 - Received Approval notice for I-485, Green card on its way!!1/21/2011 - Received Green Card!!Removal of Conditions11/1/2012-Sent Application to California Service Center ..... N-40007/29/2016 - Received date at Phoenix lockbox 8/01/2016 - N-400 NOA<p>xx/xx/xxxx - BiometricsOnto the next step!!

Man aug. is coming so soon and I havent even started getting everything put together. I need to get my butt going on this stuff. blah I hate organizing things. Good news is I'm in Georgia with Chris till we fly back to Windsor on aug. 7th. have everything up here so he can help me put it all together :D This was a very sudden trip. We were talking on Wed. and next thing I knew we had plans to meet in Ohio the next day and he'd bring me home (Georgia) for a few weeks. Alex is very happy to have daddy around. <3

Edited by mandaNchris

Life is like a roller coaster. Hold on tight and enjoy the ride!

Hello Everyone... Time is getting closer :D

I was just searching for restaurants in the Montreal area. Well actually I was seeing if they have menus in English..lol because we don't speak French, but any who...I came across this website. It lists all kinds of restaurants in the Montreal area with maps, coupons, events and such. Thought it was pretty helpful!

The website is:

http://www.restomontreal.ca/index.php?lang=en

Just thought i'd pass it on for all the Aug interviews that will be coming into place sooooooooooon and who enjoy a good eat!

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Timeline

Hey everyone!

Wow, the beach.... Aww.... I'm darker than I've ever been, and as happy as can be!!!

I'm so sad I have to leave though, I wish I was home for good RIGHT NOW!!!

I'm getting VERY nervous about the interview too.. What if this, what if that? My mind is going crazy!

Here's our list, and oh god Rose416, are you freaking OUT YET!!!! So soon! I can't wait to read your review!!!

User ............... P3 Logged ..... Days Since ....... Interview Date! ... Countdown to I.D.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mandaNchris ........ April 16th .... 62 days .......... Aug 10th .......... 12 days

Rose416 ............ April 16th? ... 62 days .......... Aug 3rd .......... 5 days OMG!!!

Vero and Chris ..... April 26th .... 56 days .......... Aug 9th .......... 11 days

J & J .............. April 27th .... 54 days .......... Aug 9th .......... 11 days

Pasht .............. April 30th .... 52 days .......... Aug 23rd .......... 25 days

Wishing ............ May 4th ....... 43 days .......... Aug 16th .......... 18 days

Alaba .............. May 6th ....... 45 days .......... Aug 11th .......... 13 days

netguy ............. May 10th ...... 42 days .......... Aug 24th .......... 26 days

Ken and Kate ....... May 11th ...... 43 days .......... Aug 25th .......... 27 days

Valerie78 .......... May 17th ...... 35 days .......... Aug 23rd .......... 25 days

nickbits ........... May 17th? ..... 35 days .......... Aug 12th .......... 14 days

Brenda2010 ......... May 19th ...... 34 days .......... Aug 24th .......... 26 days

funeshah ........... xxx xxxx ...... xx xxxx .......... Aug 16th .......... 18 days

Halfnhalf .......... May 25th ...... 64 days

Alright, take it easy everyone! Will be back on here on Monday maybe?

Cheers!

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Timeline

HA ha Vero, I'm not freaking out just yet.

I feel prepared for the interview. All I need now is to visit the bank and get my $350 US. The train is booked to leave for Montreal Monday morning at 6am (ugh). My mom is accompanying me and so I'm mostly looking forward to spending a few days sightseeing and eating poutine with her.

I am excited about the interview however. I actually cannot sleep at night! I am sure I will be all smiles on Tuesday morning, even at 6:30 am!

This is an exciting time for all of us. I hope you are all enjoying your time with family and friends and having a beautiful Canadian summer. Before you know it, all of this waiting and separation from our partners will be over with! I swore to Clay that I will never be away from him for this long ever again. It's a really happy thought.

I'm off to the cabin for a few days of relaxation before I leave for Montreal. Have a great weekend and I'll post my review as soon as I get back to Toronto.

AOS

POE @ Toronto Pearson - 08/12/10

Civil Ceremony - 08/27/10

Applied for SSN in married name - 09/06/10 (I was told it will take 4 weeks to get the background check cleared and an additional 2 weeks to receive my card)

AOS/EAD/AP sent with FedEx - 09/25/10

E-Notice From Chicago - 10/05/10

I-797C, NOA1 Received - 10/08/10

SSN card received (FINALLY!)- 10/23/10

Biometrics appointment - 10/28/10

EAD Approved - 11/19/10 (USCIS Website Notice)

AP Approved & Received - 11/22/10

EAD Received- 11/23/10

Interview - 02/07/11 APPROVED!

I am now a U.S. Permanent Resident!!

My K1 Journey can be found on the 'About Me' page

Timeline

Halfnhalf,

I hope you get a date this week, you should, it's been more than 60 days... I guess there's no telling with Montreal though... Well, sending you good vibes and I hope your grandma feels better soon.

Wishing,

When are you leaving again? Have a safe trip!

mandaNchris,

That's awesome that you're home too! You're so lucky he's going to the interview with you too! Enjoy the heat! Where in Georgia are you?

Rose416,

I like how calm you are! It's reassuring! After all, we've been preparing for a long time for this, so it should all be ok! I guess I'll be a mess until I get my passport back!

Well, gotta go! Another day at the beach! Leaving to go back home on Saturday, and then getting the support form figured out because I'm leaving for Montreal on Friday. It's gonna be a busy week!

Take care!

Timeline

Busy week and month indeed!! I'm wrapping up with work this week, then heading out west (next Wednesday) for some time with friends and attending a wedding. I'll be back to this end of the country just in time for the interview on the 16th!! :dance::star::dance: Time is a flyin'!!

Timeline

To All August Interviewees

It's August, its finally AUGUST!!! :dance::star::dance::star::dance:

:goofy::reading::energy::P:jest::thumbs::wow::dancing: :dancing: :luv::dancing::clock::rofl:

To All August Interviewees

It's August, its finally AUGUST!!! :dance::star::dance::star::dance:

:goofy::reading::energy::P:jest::thumbs::wow::dancing: :dancing: :luv::dancing::clock::rofl:

WoOt wOoT... SOoo ExCiTed :D

Good luck to all the interviews in August!!!!

Happy Happy AUGUST :dance:

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.