Veronik

August Interviews in Montreal - K1

234 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey funeshah,

Well, you can't pick up the visa in Montreal, you have to wait for them to send it to you in the Xpress post enveloppe you must bring to the interview. I would not even try to reschedule, as you might not even get a reply, or worse, wait another 50 days before a new interview date. With Montreal, you have to take what they give you I believe. You can try to cross the border by car, and explain that you just had an interview at the consulate and that they have her passport, etc, etc... You will probably need to show A LOT of proof of ties, but that might be your only option if she insists on being at the wedding.

Hope this helps! I also added you to our list. Do you know when you receive your P3 or when it was logged in?

Here's our updated list:

User ............... P3 Logged ..... Days Since ....... Interview Date! ... Countdown to I.D.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mandaNchris ........ April 16th .... 62 days .......... Aug 10th .......... 32 days

Rose416 ............ April 16th? ... 62 days .......... Aug 3rd .......... 25 days

Vero and Chris ..... April 26th .... 56 days .......... Aug 9th .......... 31 days

J & J .............. April 27th .... 54 days .......... Aug 9th .......... 31 days

Pasht .............. April 30th .... 52 days .......... Aug 23rd .......... 45 days

Wishing ............ May 4th ....... 43 days .......... Aug 16th .......... 38 days

Alaba .............. May 6th ....... 45 days .......... Aug 11th .......... 33 days

netguy ............. May 10th ...... 42 days .......... Aug 24th .......... 46 days

Ken and Kate ....... May 11th ...... 43 days .......... Aug 25th .......... 47 days

Valerie78 .......... May 17th ...... 35 days .......... Aug 23rd .......... 45 days

nickbits ........... May 17th? ..... 35 days .......... Aug 12th .......... 34 days

Brenda2010 ......... May 19th ...... 34 days .......... Aug 24th .......... 46 days

funeshah ........... xxx xxxx ...... xx xxxx .......... Aug 16th .......... 38 days

Halfnhalf .......... May 25th ...... 44 days

And Halfnhalf, we're getting close to the half of the month, so maybe next week will be your lucky week! :dance:

Have a good day everyone!

Edited by Vero and Chris

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for posting the list Vero. I love seeing how far we've come.

HalfnHalf, I really hope this is your lucky week! Are you going to call on Friday? Good luck!

I just had a stressful day at my doctor trying to sort out my medical exam issues. I didn't mention it in my review, but the doctor at my medical exam detected a slight heart murmur. I guess this is a big deal for immigration because they put my case on hold until I receive furthur testing. Urgh. I wasn't even aware I had a heart murmur!

Neither was my doctor! Today she checked me and couldn't find one! This isn't good enough for the consulate however. I have to get an echo heart exam and have everything faxed to the civil surgeon ASAP. Thank god I gave myself enough time before the interview!!!

I hope you're all having a great summer and not stressing out too much about the interview.

AOS

POE @ Toronto Pearson - 08/12/10

Civil Ceremony - 08/27/10

Applied for SSN in married name - 09/06/10 (I was told it will take 4 weeks to get the background check cleared and an additional 2 weeks to receive my card)

AOS/EAD/AP sent with FedEx - 09/25/10

E-Notice From Chicago - 10/05/10

I-797C, NOA1 Received - 10/08/10

SSN card received (FINALLY!)- 10/23/10

Biometrics appointment - 10/28/10

EAD Approved - 11/19/10 (USCIS Website Notice)

AP Approved & Received - 11/22/10

EAD Received- 11/23/10

Interview - 02/07/11 APPROVED!

I am now a U.S. Permanent Resident!!

My K1 Journey can be found on the 'About Me' page

Timeline

Rose416: I know, seeing the list, and seeing how close it all is is SO exciting! I'm so excited for you since you'll be the first one!

A heart murmur!?! I thought that was something only babies had :o , I'm sure you'll be fine though, it's just a matter of more paper work since we don't have enough of that yet, NOT...

Let us all know how it goes though... Were you able to get appointments to the various doctors pretty quick? I guess it's a good thing in a way that our interviews are in August and not July!

Is everyone getting their documents ready? I guess I really have to start putting the support form together next week... We're going to the Holden's beach the last week of July and I leave on the 6th of August, so I HAVE to get it all done before the beach... Wish me luck!

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Is everyone getting their documents ready?

Hi Vero...How are you enjoying your time with your sooon to be hubby?? I'm sure ya'll are having a great time. We pretty much got all our documents ready..just some lil things like the bank letter that my fiancé is waiting on getting done closer to the interview date, but other then that.. everything is ready to go..:) Isn't it so exciting.. I"m getting nervous and excited at the same time, but i'm pretty sure everything will go great for us all :) I never been to Montreal before so that will be very nice too. Wooot Woot...it's arriving quick!

How is everyone else doing ???

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

HalfnHalf, I really hope this is your lucky week! Are you going to call on Friday? Good luck!

I just had a stressful day at my doctor trying to sort out my medical exam issues. I didn't mention it in my review, but the doctor at my medical exam detected a slight heart murmur. I guess this is a big deal for immigration because they put my case on hold until I receive furthur testing. Urgh. I wasn't even aware I had a heart murmur!

Neither was my doctor! Today she checked me and couldn't find one! This isn't good enough for the consulate however. I have to get an echo heart exam and have everything faxed to the civil surgeon ASAP. Thank god I gave myself enough time before the interview!!!

I hope you're all having a great summer and not stressing out too much about the interview.

Thanks Rose - I think we'll get a date soon. Maybe it will be early Sept??

LOL, and actually we call DOS EVERY day! lol :dance: I figured it's a good way to show them we're still waiting "patiently" :rofl:

I'm so sorry they snagged up your medical. It's nothing to worry about... they did EXACTLY the same thing to Simon. "Heart murmur"? He made an appointment with his regular doctor the next day and was able to get EKG scheduled for the next week. Nothing wrong... Results faxed. DONE ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

rose they did the same thing to me back in january, except they tried to tell me i had breast lumps and possible cancer!!!!

got it checked out ultrasound, xrays etc..nothing wrong..it's just how mine are lol they are occasionally lumpy :P faxed it all back and we were good to go..truth be told cost me an extra month of waiting but it was dealt with.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

got it checked out ultrasound, xrays etc..nothing wrong..it's just how mine are lol they are occasionally lumpy :P

:lol:

Yep, J&J, I'm doing GREAT here, I just wish I was here for good, but I know now that it'll be soon anyways! It's hard to think about anything else really, I'm just too hyper about the interview, it's so exciting - and nervewracking! And Montreal is nice, but once you've been to Quebec city, it's just plain dirty and nasty in my book...

Enough whining!

Halfnhalf, hang in there, it's coming! I know it sucks to hear this, but we've al gone through what you're going through and we know how much waiting for Montreal su**s... I hope you get a date soon!

I've been to Quebec city with my grade 8 class. It was pretty with all the old buildings and cobble stone roads. the only issue I had there was the people were so rude if you didnt know how to speak french. We were grade school students and they were still rude to us! lol Oh well, Montreal is a nice city and everyone that I ran into there was very nice. Great shopping mall too! hehe. Chris and I are staying for three days. I cant wait to go out and explore more of Montreal. Last time I was there I didnt get much of a chance to tour the city

Life is like a roller coaster. Hold on tight and enjoy the ride!

Timeline

rose they did the same thing to me back in january, except they tried to tell me i had breast lumps and possible cancer!!!!

got it checked out ultrasound, xrays etc..nothing wrong..it's just how mine are lol they are occasionally lumpy :P faxed it all back and we were good to go..truth be told cost me an extra month of waiting but it was dealt with.

Wow Kimbear! I would have been so scared. After hearing about the heart murmur I freaked out. My GP calmed me down later and reassured me that it's nothing to be concerned about. Just another necessary obstacle to get over.

I cannot wait to get this visa!!!

AOS

POE @ Toronto Pearson - 08/12/10

Civil Ceremony - 08/27/10

Applied for SSN in married name - 09/06/10 (I was told it will take 4 weeks to get the background check cleared and an additional 2 weeks to receive my card)

AOS/EAD/AP sent with FedEx - 09/25/10

E-Notice From Chicago - 10/05/10

I-797C, NOA1 Received - 10/08/10

SSN card received (FINALLY!)- 10/23/10

Biometrics appointment - 10/28/10

EAD Approved - 11/19/10 (USCIS Website Notice)

AP Approved & Received - 11/22/10

EAD Received- 11/23/10

Interview - 02/07/11 APPROVED!

I am now a U.S. Permanent Resident!!

My K1 Journey can be found on the 'About Me' page

Timeline

Hey guys just wanted to pop in and say hello. Congrats to all for interview dates, coming up so soon! I've been super super busy spending time with friends and family and helping friends with their summer plans. Plus my fiance is here this week so July is just FLYING by right now. It'll be August b4 ya know it!! :thumbs:

08/31/2010 POE09/25/2010 Civil WeddingAOS Timeline10/11/2010 AOS Package Sent10/20/2010 NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP11/12/2010 Biometrics Appointment1/4/2011 Received EAD and AP documents!1/11/2011 AOS Interview - APPROVED!!1/15/2011 - Received Approval notice for I-485, Green card on its way!!1/21/2011 - Received Green Card!!Removal of Conditions11/1/2012-Sent Application to California Service Center ..... N-40007/29/2016 - Received date at Phoenix lockbox 8/01/2016 - N-400 NOA<p>xx/xx/xxxx - BiometricsOnto the next step!!

Timeline

Good Morning everyone!

mandaNchris,

Yeah I guess if your French is a little rusty, some people in Quebec city might not be as nice to visitors compare to Montreal... I just hate walking down on Ste-Catherine at 11 in the morning and having a bouncer invite me in for a lap dance in one of the many crack houses/strip joints :lol:

Oh well!

Wishing,

I hope you're having a good time with your hubby! I can't believe July is almost halfway done!!! I look at our list and am so excited for everyone!

Here it is by the way, updated and all! :D

User ............... P3 Logged ..... Days Since ....... Interview Date! ... Countdown to I.D.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mandaNchris ........ April 16th .... 62 days .......... Aug 10th .......... 28 days

Rose416 ............ April 16th? ... 62 days .......... Aug 3rd .......... 21 days

Vero and Chris ..... April 26th .... 56 days .......... Aug 9th .......... 27 days

J & J .............. April 27th .... 54 days .......... Aug 9th .......... 27 days

Pasht .............. April 30th .... 52 days .......... Aug 23rd .......... 41 days

Wishing ............ May 4th ....... 43 days .......... Aug 16th .......... 34 days

Alaba .............. May 6th ....... 45 days .......... Aug 11th .......... 29 days

netguy ............. May 10th ...... 42 days .......... Aug 24th .......... 42 days

Ken and Kate ....... May 11th ...... 43 days .......... Aug 25th .......... 47 days

Valerie78 .......... May 17th ...... 35 days .......... Aug 23rd .......... 41 days

nickbits ........... May 17th? ..... 35 days .......... Aug 12th .......... 30 days

Brenda2010 ......... May 19th ...... 34 days .......... Aug 24th .......... 42 days

funeshah ........... xxx xxxx ...... xx xxxx .......... Aug 16th .......... 34 days

Halfnhalf .......... May 25th ...... 48 days

Well, this week I'm tackling the support form. I've heard in other forums that the form has an expiration date on it or something? As anyone on here had issues with it? Did you just print it out off the USCIS website?

:thumbs:

Good Morning everyone!

mandaNchris,

Yeah I guess if your French is a little rusty, some people in Quebec city might not be as nice to visitors compare to Montreal... I just hate walking down on Ste-Catherine at 11 in the morning and having a bouncer invite me in for a lap dance in one of the many crack houses/strip joints :lol:

Oh well!

Wishing,

I hope you're having a good time with your hubby! I can't believe July is almost halfway done!!! I look at our list and am so excited for everyone!

Here it is by the way, updated and all! :D

mandaNchris ........ April 16th .... 62 days .......... Aug 10th .......... 28 days

Rose416 ............ April 16th? ... 62 days .......... Aug 3rd .......... 21 days

Vero and Chris ..... April 26th .... 56 days .......... Aug 9th .......... 27 days

J & J .............. April 27th .... 54 days .......... Aug 9th .......... 27 days

Pasht .............. April 30th .... 52 days .......... Aug 23rd .......... 41 days

Wishing ............ May 4th ....... 43 days .......... Aug 16th .......... 34 days

Alaba .............. May 6th ....... 45 days .......... Aug 11th .......... 29 days

netguy ............. May 10th ...... 42 days .......... Aug 24th .......... 42 days

Valerie78 .......... May 17th ...... 35 days .......... Aug 23rd .......... 41 days

nickbits ........... May 17th? ..... 35 days .......... Aug 12th .......... 30 days

Brenda2010 ......... May 19th ...... 34 days .......... Aug 24th .......... 42 days

funeshah ........... xxx xxxx ...... xx xxxx .......... Aug 16th .......... 34 days

Halfnhalf .......... May 25th ...... 48 days

Well, this week I'm tackling the support form. I've heard in other forums that the form has an expiration date on it or something? As anyone on here had issues with it? Did you just print it out off the USCIS website?

Hi all - haven't been on in a while, turning out to be a crazy busy summer for me (2 friends getting married, relatives visiting from Scotland) on top of all the immigration stuff. Think I'll start pulling all together for the interview 1st week of August, gives me couple of weeks, plenty of time I hope!

Vero, I read somewhere - about a month ago I think - that there was a new version of the support form - and yeah, I'd print it off the USCIBC site just to be sure.

For information on our K1/AOS/ROC journey please see my 'About Me' page on my profile.

Just noticed the I134 I filled out said it expired on 5/31/2010. Figure I'll play it safe and download the new version.

Edited by nickbits

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.