Ted1234

PACKET 3 - London!! Please Help

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello everybody,

This is only my second time of posting, and was wondering if anyone could help.

I received the rather unexciting packet 3 from London (K-1 visa) (by unexciting i mean just a sheet with a couple of websites on it), and I have now been through the forms and almost finished and would ideally like to send this out today. I just have a couple of questions:

1. The DS-156 (not the DS-156k i understand that you do not sign that) but do you sign the DS-156? I am assuming that you do - there are no instructions not to sign it.

2. Do I send any passport photos (US style) with packet three, again it does not say anything about sending them but there are a couple of spots on the forms that require them or are they attached on the day of the interview?

3. IV15 and checklist - Just a quick one on this. The checklist has a tick box exercise on the front however not everything is relevant to me i.e. military records, notorized statement so therefore I just leave them blank i assume. Also on the second page I do not have an intended date of travel nor do i have a wedding date due to the fact that I have no idea when and if the visa will be granted. Do i just detail - 'to be arranged with visa authorisation'?

I find that I get so stressed about filling out a form but due to the importance, all common sense goes out the window!!!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you members of VJ.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello everybody,

This is only my second time of posting, and was wondering if anyone could help.

I received the rather unexciting packet 3 from London (K-1 visa) (by unexciting i mean just a sheet with a couple of websites on it), and I have now been through the forms and almost finished and would ideally like to send this out today. I just have a couple of questions:

1. The DS-156 (not the DS-156k i understand that you do not sign that) but do you sign the DS-156? I am assuming that you do - there are no instructions not to sign it.

2. Do I send any passport photos (US style) with packet three, again it does not say anything about sending them but there are a couple of spots on the forms that require them or are they attached on the day of the interview?

3. IV15 and checklist - Just a quick one on this. The checklist has a tick box exercise on the front however not everything is relevant to me i.e. military records, notorized statement so therefore I just leave them blank i assume. Also on the second page I do not have an intended date of travel nor do i have a wedding date due to the fact that I have no idea when and if the visa will be granted. Do i just detail - 'to be arranged with visa authorisation'?

I find that I get so stressed about filling out a form but due to the importance, all common sense goes out the window!!!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you members of VJ.

Hi

1. DS-230 - Sign page 2. Throw away p.3-4 if you are a K1. Those pages are for totally different visa applicant.

DS-156 - Electronic online form. Print and sign.

DS-157 - No signature line on this form, so you can't sign it.

DS-156 - This form has an oath if you read it. You will hold up you hand in front of the officer and swear the truth in front of him and he witnesses you signature.

2. You don't have to attach the passport photos, I did, but not everyone does, but you have to bring the photos with you to the embassy on the day you attend.

3. The checklist - tick the boxes which apply to you and leave blank the ones which don't. They allocate interview dates on the basis of your intended travel date. If you leave that blank, you may have a long wait for an interview date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.