Jump to content

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Other Timeline

I have a question regarding a case of K-2. Can K2 visas adjust their status through marriage, if their parents divorced the US Citizen spouse before they went for the interview? And the parent have gone back to their country and left the kids in the US.

My father and I came to the USA via K1/K2 visa in 2001. Then my father married my stepmother within 90 days and filed I-485, and we get our employment authorizaion card for one year. But before the interview, they got divoced. Now I am out of status and married a US citizen. We will have our first baby soon. So I am thinking to let my wife file adjust of status for me. Do you think if that is OK for a K2? Or I have to apply for a 601 waiver or Cancellation of Removel. Which is better and easier?

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate your time!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...