Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Nancy Lane

Can I use form I-765 for an EAD when going from TN to AOS based on marriage?

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

I have been married to a US Citizen since September 2005. He emigrated to Canada at that time and lived there with me for 2 years. I was offered a job opportunity in the US so we moved here in October 2007. My employer sponsored my TN status. We did not have any intent on staying long term so I reapplied for TN in 2008. I renewed my TN again IN 2009(but only for one year - was unaware that I could ask for 3 years but not sure if my employer would have sponsored for 3 years anyway). I found out I was pregnant and we were planning on filing my forms in the fall of 2009 but when I went for the medical exam they advised I needed certain vaccinations. Since I was pregnant my ob/gyn could not assure me that the vaccinations would be safe for the baby. We waited for the baby to be born (a healthy baby girl - yeah!)before filing.

The forms were received by the Chicago lock box on April 29 and we received the Notices of Action dated May 4, 2010. I did not file for EAD as it was unclear to me if I could even use form I-765 due to my TN status. Can I use this form to apply for an EAD? It looks like I will not get my green card in time and I need to be able to work. My TN expires on August 30, 2010. If I cannot use form I-765 then how do I obtain an EAD? What form do I use?

Thanks for your help!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...