TheBears

Sawasdee 4 (Thai K-1s in 2010)

1,202 posts in this topic

thanks az mike!

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Wow, took me forever to find the Sawasdee thread. Thought it had been put out to pasture...but then again I have not been in here for a long time either. Good to see it's still around.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

My fiance just received her interview date today! We are very excited. If anyone has any "must know" advice for the interview, please do tell. Thanks!

K-1 Visa

11-08-2010: I-129F sent to USCIS.
11-15-2010: NOA1 received.
4-27-2011: NOA2 sent out.
5-5-2011: NVC confirmation sent.
5-30-2011: Packet 3 received from US Embassy in Bangkok.
6-28-2011: Packet 3 sent to US Embassy.
7-28-2011: Packet 4 and interview appointment notification received.
8-30-2011: Interview appointment: Approved.
10-24-2011: My fiance arrived in the US!
12-9-2011: Married!
12-23-2011: I-485/I-765/I-131 submitted to Chicago lockbox.
12-29-2011: I-485/I-765/I-131 materials received.
1-23-2012: Notice of transfer of I-485 application to California.
2-3-2012: Bio-metrics.
3-2-2012: EAD/AP Approved/Received.
8-29-2012: I-485 Approved.
9-4-2012: Conditional Green Card Received.

5-19-2014: I-751 sent to California Service Center.

5-21-2014: I-797 NOA receipt issued.

7-9-2014: I-797 NOA Biometrics appt issued.

7-23-2014: Biometrics appt.

9-11-2014: AOS Lifted.

9-19-2014: 10 Year Green Card Received.

8-17-2015: N-400 sent to Arizona.

8-21-2015: NOA.

9-18-2015: Biometrics appointment

11-19-2015: Interview passed!

Citizenship!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

ต้องการความช่วยเหลือในการบันทึกตำรวจที่จำเป็นต้องใช้กระดาษสำหรับคู่หมั้นกรุงเทพฯและจำเป็นต้องให้เร็วที่สุดถ้าคุณอ่านแล้วโปรดเขียนกลับมาที่ข้อคาวมส่วนตัว

While illegals invade the USA and get free benefits, we wait paying fees and filling out forms while the illegals fill out zero-thank you US politicians!

Waiting on interview now in BKK, started Jan 2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

ต้องการความช่วยเหลือในการบันทึกตำรวจที่จำเป็นต้องใช้กระดาษสำหรับคู่หมั้นกรุงเทพฯและจำเป็นต้องให้เร็วที่สุดถ้าคุณอ่านแล้วโปรดเขียนกลับมาที่ข้อคาวมส่วนตัว

Not sure why you are posting in Thai. English will get you more responses.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Timeline

Does you meant the criminal record? and who want to have it you or or her?

True love does not come by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly

us_thai_flag.gif

9st3m7.png

Timeline

Does you meant the criminal record? and who want to have it you or or her?

He was looking for someone to PM him I beleive, so if you have an answer, send him a private message.

Timeline

He was looking for someone to PM him I beleive, so if you have an answer, send him a private message.

^Thanks RSN for your correct observation.

Any other folks, please disregard the post.

While illegals invade the USA and get free benefits, we wait paying fees and filling out forms while the illegals fill out zero-thank you US politicians!

Waiting on interview now in BKK, started Jan 2011

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Long time no see; hope everyone is doing well here! In a month or two, i need to get the paperwork for the 10yr GC out. THings are going well so far. She's not able to drive but slip some cash to a translator (yes in the US) and you've got your learner's permit. She knows the rules but learning what looks to her like gibberish isn't easy at 35 given her schooling. At least now I can send her to driving school here (although a bribed license in LOS does not mean one can drive, they wouldn't accept her international license for driving school here). I am happy I can at least get her into the system in that respect.

Things are going well; I learned prior bumps in the road were cyclical but pregnancy put an end to the monthly mania (hahaha)! She's a superb step-mother to my kids (who we just got custody of) so our new addition will make things even more exciting at home.

I wish driving schools only had the road skills classes for more than 6 hours here :o( It's difficult for a nervous husband to teach a loved one how to drive without sounding angry or offending the student; that's best left up to a third party (kids are another thing, but I can't seem to do it without more gray hair).

NIce to see those of you still here. I'm wondring about the possibility of a B2 visa for childbirth (her mother). They own land, she's a farmer and has no knowledge of a single English word (but it would be nice to have her here for her grandbaby). Any thoughts on this? Is it worth it? I'll keep browsing the site for similar visa stories (money is everything, even in the visa world). Unfortunately, her family got left out of the money train rolling through SE Asia but hopefully when we're done putting 2 of her family through school, they will be best able to help themselves at a higher level.

My absolute best to you all! You're a wonderful group of people!

7/21/08 I 129f K-1 app given to Siam Legal Lawyers office

8/3/08 K-1 I 129f Sent (Atty Ofc made mistake delayed app, we learned later)

8/14/08 NOA-1

1/23/09 RFE Color Passport Picture

1/29/09 RFE Color Pics sent

2/3/09 RFE Pics USCIS acknowledged

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

5/15/09 Embassy Sent Packet 3 (we did not receive-they have correct addresses)

6/19/09 Packet 3 to Embassy

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

8/11/09 She came to the USA with me!

Timeline

My fiance just received her interview date today! We are very excited. If anyone has any "must know" advice for the interview, please do tell. Thanks!

Be honest and sincere; that's it! If it's legit with no unusual issues and all the papers, piece of cake!

7/21/08 I 129f K-1 app given to Siam Legal Lawyers office

8/3/08 K-1 I 129f Sent (Atty Ofc made mistake delayed app, we learned later)

8/14/08 NOA-1

1/23/09 RFE Color Passport Picture

1/29/09 RFE Color Pics sent

2/3/09 RFE Pics USCIS acknowledged

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

5/15/09 Embassy Sent Packet 3 (we did not receive-they have correct addresses)

6/19/09 Packet 3 to Embassy

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

8/11/09 She came to the USA with me!

Timeline

Long time no see; hope everyone is doing well here! In a month or two, i need to get the paperwork for the 10yr GC out. THings are going well so far. She's not able to drive but slip some cash to a translator (yes in the US) and you've got your learner's permit. She knows the rules but learning what looks to her like gibberish isn't easy at 35 given her schooling. At least now I can send her to driving school here (although a bribed license in LOS does not mean one can drive, they wouldn't accept her international license for driving school here). I am happy I can at least get her into the system in that respect.

Things are going well; I learned prior bumps in the road were cyclical but pregnancy put an end to the monthly mania (hahaha)! She's a superb step-mother to my kids (who we just got custody of) so our new addition will make things even more exciting at home.

I wish driving schools only had the road skills classes for more than 6 hours here :o( It's difficult for a nervous husband to teach a loved one how to drive without sounding angry or offending the student; that's best left up to a third party (kids are another thing, but I can't seem to do it without more gray hair).

NIce to see those of you still here. I'm wondring about the possibility of a B2 visa for childbirth (her mother). They own land, she's a farmer and has no knowledge of a single English word (but it would be nice to have her here for her grandbaby). Any thoughts on this? Is it worth it? I'll keep browsing the site for similar visa stories (money is everything, even in the visa world). Unfortunately, her family got left out of the money train rolling through SE Asia but hopefully when we're done putting 2 of her family through school, they will be best able to help themselves at a higher level.

My absolute best to you all! You're a wonderful group of people!

That's gonna be tough I think. You already know about the Thai Visa website. I'd be curious how it works out, because I'd like to bring my wife's parents here as well for a visit. They are also farmers.

My wife will be a citizen in the next few months, so she can petition for them on her own, but I seriously doubt they would want to live in the US at their age. It's a US immigration thing. I know they would never stay here, but the consulate has it in their heads that they will.

I'd especially like to see my father in law over here. We've had some good times. My Thai is pretty good, but he speaks that crazy Isaan/Lao/Kampuchea stuff so we never really communicated much on a speaking level. We always have fun though. He takes me fishing everytime I am there and no words need to be spoken. Two guys on a boat drinking cheap Lao whiskey and just fishing. No words need to be exchanged. Good times.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

That's gonna be tough I think. You already know about the Thai Visa website. I'd be curious how it works out, because I'd like to bring my wife's parents here as well for a visit. They are also farmers.

My wife will be a citizen in the next few months, so she can petition for them on her own, but I seriously doubt they would want to live in the US at their age. It's a US immigration thing. I know they would never stay here, but the consulate has it in their heads that they will.

I'd especially like to see my father in law over here. We've had some good times. My Thai is pretty good, but he speaks that crazy Isaan/Lao/Kampuchea stuff so we never really communicated much on a speaking level. We always have fun though. He takes me fishing everytime I am there and no words need to be spoken. Two guys on a boat drinking cheap Lao whiskey and just fishing. No words need to be exchanged. Good times.

I was able to secure a 10 year multiple-entry B2 for my MIL, as was someone else on here. It may have been ArizonaMike(?) My MIL is your typical Isaan resident. It's definitely possibly. A friend of ours applied once, was denied, then reapplied with the same information, and was granted a visa. Luck is part of the equation, apparently. I included a letter to the embassy. My MIL said they looked at this closer than any of the other evidence.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi everyone, Good news, my girlfriend passed the interview yesterday and will pick up her visa on Friday. As soon as she gets it in hand, I'm going to book her a flight to Boston.

One question, I can't find the post but someone mentioned that once she's here and we're married, what she used for a birth certificate for the embassy isn't good enough here when we go to the next step. I believe they accepted a house registration (tambien baan) and her ID as sufficient at the embassy. So she should go to get an official, translated and notorized birth certificate before she gets here? She's from the province of Chanthaburi.

Thanks and good luck to all.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi everyone, Good news, my girlfriend passed the interview yesterday and will pick up her visa on Friday. As soon as she gets it in hand, I'm going to book her a flight to Boston.

One question, I can't find the post but someone mentioned that once she's here and we're married, what she used for a birth certificate for the embassy isn't good enough here when we go to the next step. I believe they accepted a house registration (tambien baan) and her ID as sufficient at the embassy. So she should go to get an official, translated and notorized birth certificate before she gets here? She's from the province of Chanthaburi.

Thanks and good luck to all.

Congratulations! I don't have an answer to your question, but I just wanted to note that - coincidentally - my fiance also passed her interview (this last Tuesday) and will pick up her visa on Friday as well. Unfortunately, it likely won't be until around November when she can actually come to the US however. Anyway, keep us posted on your progress!

K-1 Visa

11-08-2010: I-129F sent to USCIS.
11-15-2010: NOA1 received.
4-27-2011: NOA2 sent out.
5-5-2011: NVC confirmation sent.
5-30-2011: Packet 3 received from US Embassy in Bangkok.
6-28-2011: Packet 3 sent to US Embassy.
7-28-2011: Packet 4 and interview appointment notification received.
8-30-2011: Interview appointment: Approved.
10-24-2011: My fiance arrived in the US!
12-9-2011: Married!
12-23-2011: I-485/I-765/I-131 submitted to Chicago lockbox.
12-29-2011: I-485/I-765/I-131 materials received.
1-23-2012: Notice of transfer of I-485 application to California.
2-3-2012: Bio-metrics.
3-2-2012: EAD/AP Approved/Received.
8-29-2012: I-485 Approved.
9-4-2012: Conditional Green Card Received.

5-19-2014: I-751 sent to California Service Center.

5-21-2014: I-797 NOA receipt issued.

7-9-2014: I-797 NOA Biometrics appt issued.

7-23-2014: Biometrics appt.

9-11-2014: AOS Lifted.

9-19-2014: 10 Year Green Card Received.

8-17-2015: N-400 sent to Arizona.

8-21-2015: NOA.

9-18-2015: Biometrics appointment

11-19-2015: Interview passed!

Citizenship!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Yes, if you can get an original or certified copy of her birth certificate you will be better off. Here in the US they won't take a house book for any proof of birth. You should be able to get one through the Amphur's office where she was born without a problem.

On another note, I took Teaw to get her learners permit so she can learn to drive. She took a long time studying the materials which, of course, don't come in Thai and they give test in almost any language but.....what else?? Thai!!! Cause they said they don't have the money to translate it. Bull hockey!!!! That's down right discrimination!!! They guy asks, English, Chinese, Vietnamese.....and I cut him off and said she's Thai but you guys won't spend the money to do it. So she did it in English...25 questions and I thought she'd NEVER finish!!! LOL!! She did take her time but passed so now I will be looking at driving schools to teach her how to drive.

Aaron, if you are checking the forum, how's things in Chiang Mai???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.