TheBears

Sawasdee 4 (Thai K-1s in 2010)

1,202 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

For you guys who have recently submitted your Packet 3, were you able to obtain your police report before you received packet 3 from the Embassy. My lawyer told me today that there is a new guy down there and we had to actually wait until we received packet 3 in order to request the police report. Also said there was no more expediting the PR for a little tea money. Any recent reports? I would like to save the 2 week delay and get the report so I can turn packet 3 around as quickly as possible.

For you guys who have recently submitted your Packet 3, were you able to obtain your police report before you received packet 3 from the Embassy. My lawyer told me today that there is a new guy down there and we had to actually wait until we received packet 3 in order to request the police report. Also said there was no more expediting the PR for a little tea money. Any recent reports? I would like to save the 2 week delay and get the report so I can turn packet 3 around as quickly as possible.

Its been that way for a LONG (e.g. years) time.

Edited by toma1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Your lawyer's information sounds odd. Ask him how he knows this. We were able to expedite the PR and obtain it before P3, along with many others, 1.5 yrs back (not that long ago really).

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Maybe you guys can help me out with this. I've been surfing through the guides and FAQs trying to find a layout of the fees for the various forms that are required when filing for a K1 visa.

There is the I-129F fee... which is paid. I just received the NOA-2 and I'm trying to prepare for the upcoming fees.

I went to the NVC site and I'm not finding a layout of fees for them. I'm not filling an I-130 because we're not related. I know I have to file the I-134 Affidavit of support and USCIS site shows no fee for that.

What fees are associated with the NVC?

What fees are associated with the Embassy and interview?

If there's a page for this on VJ... I apologize I missed it. Could somebody point me in the right direction so I can begin researching?

Thanks!

Filed I-129F CSC ~~~~~ 3 August 2010

NOA-1 Received ~~.~~~ 6 August 2010

Called CSC @ 5 mo mk ~ 6 January 2011

**CSC added 21 days to normal processing period***

Service Call ~~~~.~~~~ 27 January 2011

NOA-2 APPROVED! ~~ 27 January 2011

NVC Received ~~~~~~~ 1 February 2011

Embassy Received ~.~~ 8 February 2011

We never recieved Packet 3 and really we didn't wait for it as we wanted to get and early interview date. As soon as I called NVC and got out case # the Fiancee took a copy of our NOA2 with the NVC case number and went for medical and Police Cert with no problems. There were 3 other lady's there with just NOA 2 copy's and all had the Police Cert. done that day. It saved us 3 weeks on the Interview time line.

Edited by Daryl&Jeep

Maybe you guys can help me out with this. I've been surfing through the guides and FAQs trying to find a layout of the fees for the various forms that are required when filing for a K1 visa.

There is the I-129F fee... which is paid. I just received the NOA-2 and I'm trying to prepare for the upcoming fees.

I went to the NVC site and I'm not finding a layout of fees for them. I'm not filling an I-130 because we're not related. I know I have to file the I-134 Affidavit of support and USCIS site shows no fee for that.

What fees are associated with the NVC?

What fees are associated with the Embassy and interview?

If there's a page for this on VJ... I apologize I missed it. Could somebody point me in the right direction so I can begin researching?

Thanks!

The next fee's will be Medical which was 1,950 Baht if she has her shots done at local Goverment Hospital or about 3,500 Baht if she takes the shots at medical. The Police Cert. was 40 Baht for mailing fee and then the 10,500 Baht for the Counsulte fee.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Thailand&cty=Bangkok&entry=3

Edited by Daryl&Jeep

Timeline

That's it? Pay for her Medical, police report and consulate fee?

Thank you for the information and the link. I assume the other fees are encountered when we re-enter the US together as a couple... such as AOS and what not.

So.... my next question is....

I'm traveling to Thailand on Feb 3 to stay with her for 3 weeks. I should be able to get the NVC case number by then.

Should we try to get the medical and police certification out of the way while I am there?

Filed I-129F CSC ~~~~~ 3 August 2010

NOA-1 Received ~~.~~~ 6 August 2010

Called CSC @ 5 mo mk ~ 6 January 2011

**CSC added 21 days to normal processing period***

Service Call ~~~~.~~~~ 27 January 2011

NOA-2 APPROVED! ~~ 27 January 2011

NVC Received ~~~~~~~ 1 February 2011

Embassy Received ~.~~ 8 February 2011

Timeline

We never recieved Packet 3 and really we didn't wait for it as we wanted to get and early interview date. As soon as I called NVC and got out case # the Fiancee took a copy of our NOA2 with the NVC case number and went for medical and Police Cert with no problems. There were 3 other lady's there with just NOA 2 copy's and all had the Police Cert. done that day. It saved us 3 weeks on the Interview time line.

Egg & I thought you had to have your police report before you sent in your packet 3 so we waited till last week to mail it in. i hope you don't have much more than a three week head start on us!!!

They recently stopped the pay approximately 3,000 baht for a 3 day expedited police report, so now everyone has to wait approximately 2 weeks to get the report.

July 10, 2010 - I 129F package mailed to Calif. Service Center

July 16, 2010 - Package received at CSC (less than 10 miles from my house)

July 22, 2010 - Received NOA-1

July 29, 2010 - Touched

Dec 07, 2010 - Approval email from USCIS NOA-2 mailed

Dec 09, 2010 - Received NOA-2 Hardcopy

Dec 21, 2010 - NVC received Package

Dec 29, 2010 - Package received at Bangkok Embassy

Jan 12, 2011 - Received Packet 3

Jan 24, 2011 - Returned packet 3

Feb 7, 2011 - Received Packet 4 (Interview date)

March 3, 2011 - Interview - K1 visa approved!!

April 4, 2011 - Egg arrives in California

May 25, 2011 - Married

That's it? Pay for her Medical, police report and consulate fee?

Thank you for the information and the link. I assume the other fees are encountered when we re-enter the US together as a couple... such as AOS and what not.

So.... my next question is....

I'm traveling to Thailand on Feb 3 to stay with her for 3 weeks. I should be able to get the NVC case number by then.

Should we try to get the medical and police certification out of the way while I am there?

You can call NVC and get your case number, they will also give you the date they recieved it and date sent to Thailand. They send it DHL so you can figure about 3 or 4 days from NVC to Thailand.

And yes you are correct all other fee's start when you do the AOS...........good luck

Egg & I thought you had to have your police report before you sent in your packet 3 so we waited till last week to mail it in. i hope you don't have much more than a three week head start on us!!!

They recently stopped the pay approximately 3,000 baht for a 3 day expedited police report, so now everyone has to wait approximately 2 weeks to get the report.

They just updated the Interview list and was hoping You and Egg were on it as it does cover Feb. ...thought maybe we could have had a little celebration with the girls together in Thailand if we were close in Interview dates.....Hope it is soon for the both of you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Have your wife call the police station in Bangkok and ask this question. In the fall of 2009, when my wife called the station and they told her that if she brought in a letter from me stating my intent to marry her (I used the wording my original letter of intent sent with petition and changed the address to the police station) plus a copy of the first page of my passport, plus some fee, then they would begin to process the police report.

Again this was in October 2009.

So anyway, just have your wife call the station in Bangkok and ask what her options are.

Edited by gvt

Have your wife call the police station in Bangkok and ask this question. In the fall of 2009, when my wife called the station and they told her that if she brought in a letter from me stating my intent to marry her (I used the wording my original letter of intent sent with petition and changed the address to the police station) plus a copy of the first page of my passport, and something like 500baht, then they would begin to process the police report.

Again this was in October 2009.

So anyway, just have your wife call the station in Bangkok and ask what her options are.

The Fiancee just did her Police Cert. on the 10th Jan. and all that was needed was a copy of NOA 2 along with all pages from my passport(asked why my passport pages were needed and they explained it was in case something was to happen they had the Foriegners info on file for contacting him/her). And just 40 Baht to have it mailed to you which takes about 2 weeks.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

The Fiancee just did her Police Cert. on the 10th Jan. and all that was needed was a copy of NOA 2 along with all pages from my passport(asked why my passport pages were needed and they explained it was in case something was to happen they had the Foriegners info on file for contacting him/her). And just 40 Baht to have it mailed to you which takes about 2 weeks.

I just spoke to my wife and she said the fee was under 100 baht at the time so maybe it was closer to 40 baht. Either way it cost money even though I believe packet 3 at the time said it shouldn't cost anything.

I also wonder if the letter of intent option is still available to those who still don't have their NOA2. For those who are interested, it doesn't hurt to ask if who want to get a jump start even before NOA2.

Edited by gvt

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

After reading about these medical / police report / etc questions...

Was this stuff already completed for the USA tourist visa? Can she reuse those same reports?

Thanks

In general it is extremely difficult for a "normal" Thai citizen to obtain a B2 tourist visa to enter the US. In most cases you are reading here the Thai national has never left Thailand and met the US citizen petitioner in Thailand.

Naturalization N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.