TheBears

Sawasdee 4 (Thai K-1s in 2010)

1,202 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I have not heard of that happening before. Teaw got her xrays even though there was nothing wrong with her. And yes, you paid for them so you are entitled to them. I think Five should go back to the hosp and talk to an administrator higher up and demand that she be given her xrays, not only for the interview, but also because she paid for them! I would have been really ticked off and I would not care what the doc thinks. It's like buying a new car and the dealer saying oh, you don't need the tires cause it will drive just fine on rims so you don't need the tires you paid for. Go after them!!!

Timeline

One more thing about the medical exam. Five went to get her paperwork later that day and the doctor refused to give her a copy of her xrays. She asked him twice and he said that there was nothing on them so she didn't need them. He told her he's been doing this for 10 years and if she can't get the visa it won't be because she didn't have the xrays with her. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there going to be a problem at the embassy if she doesn't have it? The instructions do say to bring those with her to the interview. I'm not very happy with that doctor and hospital right now. We paid for the xrays and I don't see what's so hard about giving them to her.....

The paperwork says to bring the x-ray with you, I would have her go back and get the x-ray. What hospital did you go to for the exam?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

The paperwork says to bring the x-ray with you, I would have her go back and get the x-ray. What hospital did you go to for the exam?

She went to the Chiang Mai Ram Hospital. I'm going to try and talk her into going back to get them.

03/03/2010 - I129F Sent

03/10/2010 - NOA1

03/22/2010 - Touched

05/01/2010 - Touched

05/03/2010 - Touched

05/04/2010 - NOA2

05/11/2010 - NVC Sent Case to Embassy

05/12/2010 - Embassy Received

06/17/2010 - Packet 3 received (1st one lost in the mail)

06/30/2010 - Packet 3 sent to Embassy

07/02/2010 - Embassy received Packet 3

08/20/2010 - Packet 4 and Interview Date received

09/14/2010 - Interview.....Approved

09/21/2010 - Visa received

12/27/2010 - Entry into the USA. POE Los Angeles

Timeline

Dont worry to much because when Ying brought her XRAYS to the interview they said that they were not needed. But..If you paid for the XRAYS then you are entitled to get them back at any time.

2010-02-26: Mailed I-129F to CSC via USPS Priority

2010-02-27: Recieved by CSC

2010-03-01: NOA1

2010-03-02: Check Cashed

2010-04-20: "Touched"

2010-04-20: USCIS Online NOA2 Approval (No email or text received)

2010-04-26: NOA2 Hard copy received in the mail.

2010-04-26: Confirmed NVC received

2010-04-28: NVC Shipped case to Bangkok Embassy

2010-05-03: Embassy recieved

2010-05-05: Packet 3 sent to Embassy

2010-05-10: Embassy received Packet 3

2010-06-01: Ying receives phone call from US Embassy about interview date.

2010-06-22: Interview Passed!! Experience

2010-06-29: Pick up VISA

2010-07-02: Fly to USA

Timeline

Got an email from the congressman's caseworker and she heard from DOS who told her they were looking at my "marital history" which she interpreted to

mean what I told her I suspected....the divorce being done in Oct 09 and the filing of the K-1 after I returned home. She will be sending an email to the embassy today that has the letter I prepared explaining the events from going over and getting married to the quick demise of it and not being able to get back until Oct 09 and in the meantime Teaw and I moving ahead with our relationship. Also going in the email are three letters in Thai with translations from her father, aunt and father's neighbor whom have all met me and spent time with me. She said though that since the case is with the fraud unit they are not required to tell her a lot of specifics, but hopefully all the stuff she is sending with the email will take care of their concerns and they will issue the visa. They are still holding her passport. I wonder if they have called the ex to ask what happened. Her phone number was on many of the cell bills they have but I am sure she would email me if they did call her. So I am keeping my fingers crossed!!!!

Timeline

Tom, I hope Teaw's visa is ready soon. I can't imagine having to wait that long in review.

I have an update about the x-rays. Five emailed the embassy about our case to ask about x-rays. The embassy told her the doctor was correct and that they don't need her to bring the x-rays if the medical report states there was nothing there.

03/03/2010 - I129F Sent

03/10/2010 - NOA1

03/22/2010 - Touched

05/01/2010 - Touched

05/03/2010 - Touched

05/04/2010 - NOA2

05/11/2010 - NVC Sent Case to Embassy

05/12/2010 - Embassy Received

06/17/2010 - Packet 3 received (1st one lost in the mail)

06/30/2010 - Packet 3 sent to Embassy

07/02/2010 - Embassy received Packet 3

08/20/2010 - Packet 4 and Interview Date received

09/14/2010 - Interview.....Approved

09/21/2010 - Visa received

12/27/2010 - Entry into the USA. POE Los Angeles

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Tom, I hope Teaw's visa is ready soon. I can't imagine having to wait that long in review.

I have an update about the x-rays. Five emailed the embassy about our case to ask about x-rays. The embassy told her the doctor was correct and that they don't need her to bring the x-rays if the medical report states there was nothing there.

That sounds right. Your x-rays will be nothing more than a dust-collector, so they did you a favor by not burdening you with the large envelope.laughing.gif

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Timeline

Man, took me forever to find our Sawasdee thread!!! We were wayyyyyyyyyy down the list.

An email with the letter from my Congressman, all the attachments, went to the BKK embassy today. I am told they are required to answer them within 14 days but usually answer within 5. So they will have it on Monday

and I am hoping Teaw just gets a call to come pick up the visa. The attached letters from family and my explanation of the quick demise of the mistake marriage should hopefully satisfy their curiosity. I am surprised we

have not heard anything from them yet after that last 2 hour interview of Teaw.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Man, took me forever to find our Sawasdee thread!!! We were wayyyyyyyyyy down the list.

An email with the letter from my Congressman, all the attachments, went to the BKK embassy today. I am told they are required to answer them within 14 days but usually answer within 5. So they will have it on Monday

and I am hoping Teaw just gets a call to come pick up the visa. The attached letters from family and my explanation of the quick demise of the mistake marriage should hopefully satisfy their curiosity. I am surprised we

have not heard anything from them yet after that last 2 hour interview of Teaw.

Laddawan's interview is this friday the 16th and I was just wondering how long you were seperated before you filed the K1? I was seperated for over 17 months before I filed my K1. Just wondering if this would have any bearing on getting the K1. Thnx

Met on Thailovelines.com on 4/20/09

Met her in Thailand on 7/17/09

Proposed to her In Bangkok on 7/25/09

Returned alone back to Tx on 8/2/09

Finalized my divorce after 17 months on 12/9/09

Filed I-129f at VSC on 12/22/09

NOA1 on 12/28/09

Touch on 3/13/10

Touch again on 3/15/10

NOA2 on 3/16/10 ....(took 79 days from my NOA1)

Received at NVC on 3/24/10

Medical and Background on 4/22/10

Embassy received packet 3 on 5/27/10

Interview passed on 7/16/10

Arrived in Texas on 7/26/10 .....finally!!!!!!!!

**Married on 9/25/10** :)

(AOS)

Sent off I-485 on 1/3/11

Sent off I-765 on 1/3/11

NOA I-485 on 1/10/11

NOA I-765 on 1/10/11

Biometric on 1/28/11

EAD I-765 approved on 3/14/11

I-485 transfered to CSC on 3/15/11

EAD card in hand on 3/16/11

SS card received on 3/25/11

NOA I-485 approved on 4/18/11

GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON 4/20/11 (No Interview)

(REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS)

Sent package off on 2/11/13

usa-180-animated-flag-gifs.gifMATT and LADDAWANthailand-180-animated-flag-gifs.gif

Deer Park, TX/USA

Bangkok, TH

You are my World and Everything in my life Laddawan

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!

Timeline

Our interview is in less than 3 hours! It's hard to stop thinking about it and I really doubt she is getting much sleep in Bangkok. I also feel like a real gomer that I couldn't be there with her, but there couldn't be a worse time for me to try to swing the time off from work. Hopefully things will go well and 5 years worth of relationship evidence, several 3 month visits to Japan while I lived there and a good attitude will go towards a smooth interview. Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to the folks that helped out with advice here and good luck to those with interviews coming up! I will talk to her after it is over and be sure to post the questions that were asked. Cheers.

Timeline

Reddstars, we think the problem is we ended the relationship at the end of April 2009 but I could go back to get the divorce until Oct 09 and in the meantime Teaw and I went full speed ahead and I filed the K-1 about 2 weeks after I got the divorce. So I don't think you will have a problem with yours. They are just worried because they were so close in time but I hope the stuff the congressman's office sent them will take care of their concerns.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Our interview is in less than 3 hours! It's hard to stop thinking about it and I really doubt she is getting much sleep in Bangkok. I also feel like a real gomer that I couldn't be there with her, but there couldn't be a worse time for me to try to swing the time off from work. Hopefully things will go well and 5 years worth of relationship evidence, several 3 month visits to Japan while I lived there and a good attitude will go towards a smooth interview. Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to the folks that helped out with advice here and good luck to those with interviews coming up! I will talk to her after it is over and be sure to post the questions that were asked. Cheers.

They wouldn't let you inside anyway. If they give you static (which I hope they don't) you can go back Tuesday or Thursday afternoon. 1-3.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

Hello folks! The interview went well yesterday and my fiancée (Bud) was told to pick her visa up on Mon. I am super stoked!!! Anyway, the interview took about 10 minutes and they seemed to ask pretty basic questions:

1. Name of fiancée?

2. Where did you meet?

3. What does he do?

4. Has your fiancée ever been married or engaged?

5. Questions about her son

The entire thing seemed to be unlike anything I was expecting. Bud said the interviewer was a very young lady who was extremely friendly and took a conversational approach to the interview. She even repeated questions in Thai when Bud had any trouble tracking the questions in English. I used to live in Japan where Bud had come to see me on several tourist visas in the past and she even made a comment that they treated her much nicer than they ever did at the Japanese embassy. The lady did ask to see her hand and Bud said it was obvious she was examining the engagement ring, but this may have only been because I included the ring paperwork (which was all in Japanese) with the I-129F. One other thing she noticed was that one of the supervisors came in during the interview and had an offline chat with the interviewer and quick scan over all of the documents while looking at Bud (not sure what that was about). Afterwards Bud said the interviewer came back with a big smile, rolled her eyes and said that was her boss (or big boss as Bud described it). Odd.

I really thought the Hanoi Hilton interrogation techniques were the standard practice with these interviews but this certainly was not the case here. They seemed to be very respectful and treated her like a human being rather than just another grifter trying to "pull one over on them". Given the experience she described I would have to give two thumbs up for the embassy on this one. I don't know how much of this is due to the interviewer's personality or that Bud and I have been involved for almost 5 years with 4 tourist visas to Japan to see me, and loads of relationship evidence. Either way it was very surprising. A lot of my work has to do with International Relations and a huge part of it is creating a positive image of the U.S. Hopefully this respectful approach to these interviews is the norm rather than the exception because the interviewer that met Bud seems to be scoring some wins in this category.

A couple of other things to note was that there was another lady there who did not have copies of everything they had previously submitted. Of course Murphy’s Law was in play for this lady and they could not find her DS-157, which caused complications for her. So make sure to bring copies of everything. Also, it probably goes without saying but make sure to dress like you're serious about acquiring a visa. Bud was shocked at one of the ladies that was there with ripped up skintight jeans and a "chest displayer" shirt. It doesn't take much to find some clothes that make you look somewhat professional, and you would be hard pressed to find a more frugal person than Bud but she showed up dressed like it was important to her.

I hope this re-cap helps with those that are waiting on interviews. There have been a lot of very helpful people here who have provided me with information when I was pulling my hair out trying to make sense of the forms and processes. Thanks again.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello folks! The interview went well yesterday and my fiancée (Bud) was told to pick her visa up on Mon. I am super stoked!!! Anyway, the interview took about 10 minutes and they seemed to ask pretty basic questions:

1. Name of fiancée?

2. Where did you meet?

3. What does he do?

4. Has your fiancée ever been married or engaged?

5. Questions about her son

Hey, great news and great report. I am glad to hear it. Hope you two have good luck with the next steps in your lives together. Congratulations.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

Congrats, Herk. I think the easy interview had more to do with your relationship, the visits to Japan and length. If they had suspected anything she would have gotten the Gestapo interview. But good luck!!! Still waiting to hear from the embassy now that they have got the info from the Congressman.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.