TheBears

Sawasdee 4 (Thai K-1s in 2010)

1,202 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Well, the embassy called Teaw yesterday, their Monday, while she was at work. They tried several times to get her but her phone is in a locker while she is in the clean room working. She tried to call

back on her afternoon break (she is on 7 to 7 day shift now) but there was no answer. Shortly before she was to go back to work they called again, told her to bring her passport between 1 and 3 Tuesday.

The lady said noting about another interview, but did ask her if she had other papers to bring. She said no and the lady said never mind. Just bring your passport.

So I am hoping that is the "good sign" we have been waiting for that they are going to take the passport and tell her to come back on a certain day to pick up the visa!! I figured since they did not give

her a day specific and a time specific for an interview, that just bringing the passport is great news for us. Anyone have any feedback?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

... Anyone have any feedback?

Yes, I have feedback. This sounds great. I don't want to get your hopes up but I think the end of this AP is near.

I hope it is all very positive.

Congratulations and good luck. Let us know.

Naturalization N-400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Ying's interview was today and we are happy to say that she passed and she will pick up her VISA on 29 June :dance: .

We will post the details later. Just want to say to those who have upcoming interviews to be prepared to go into detail about previous relationships. The farang lady that interviewed her was very polite but asked alot of questions. Just be open about everything and make sure you know each other VERY well. Ying was number 4 of 7 K1 interviews this afternoon. The first lady started interview at 1300 and still was not finished by 1400. The other two people in front of her were given their passports back. She doesn't know if they were approved or not but just saw that they were given their passports back. We will post the questions asked later, but I will say again, make sure your fiance/fiancee knows your past. Especially previous marriages/divorce dates, and if you have children or not. I think that if your story doesn't add up then you will go into AP very quickly.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

2010-02-26: Mailed I-129F to CSC via USPS Priority

2010-02-27: Recieved by CSC

2010-03-01: NOA1

2010-03-02: Check Cashed

2010-04-20: "Touched"

2010-04-20: USCIS Online NOA2 Approval (No email or text received)

2010-04-26: NOA2 Hard copy received in the mail.

2010-04-26: Confirmed NVC received

2010-04-28: NVC Shipped case to Bangkok Embassy

2010-05-03: Embassy recieved

2010-05-05: Packet 3 sent to Embassy

2010-05-10: Embassy received Packet 3

2010-06-01: Ying receives phone call from US Embassy about interview date.

2010-06-22: Interview Passed!! Experience

2010-06-29: Pick up VISA

2010-07-02: Fly to USA

Timeline

Ying's interview was today and we are happy to say that she passed and she will pick up her VISA on 29 June :dance: .

We will post the details later. Just want to say to those who have upcoming interviews to be prepared to go into detail about previous relationships. The farang lady that interviewed her was very polite but asked alot of questions. Just be open about everything and make sure you know each other VERY well. Ying was number 4 of 7 K1 interviews this afternoon. The first lady started interview at 1300 and still was not finished by 1400. The other two people in front of her were given their passports back. She doesn't know if they were approved or not but just saw that they were given their passports back. We will post the questions asked later, but I will say again, make sure your fiance/fiancee knows your past. Especially previous marriages/divorce dates, and if you have children or not. I think that if your story doesn't add up then you will go into AP very quickly.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Lastly, I would like to say thanks for all the support we received here. This website is very informative and helpful.

Timeline

Hmmmm, sounds like Teaw was the cause of Ying's delay. She was called in at 1pm and grilled for

two hours!!! They asked her everything under the sun about us meeting, the ex, how she writes

English in emails, the works. Then they kept her passport and said they would let her know

later. Just one lady interviewing her. I guess the lady wasn't too bad this time but it would

have been nice to know they were going to interview her before she went there. I had just mailed

a huge packet of chats, a letter explaining what happened with the ex and phone bills for the last

3 months for her to take if they wanted more info. Unfortunately, that won't arrive until around

Thursday. I am tempted to have her take the letter explaining the quick demise of the marriage

and give it to them so they have a better understanding of what happened and how we both decided

we wanted the divorce. Not sure if that's a good idea of just let it lie and hope they call her

back to pick up the visa.

They also asked her for my phone number and she said they may call me. I hope they do!!!! Then

I can straighten them out on a few things.

Congrats on Ying getting her visa approved!!

Timeline

Tom,

I hope you get an answer soon. My thoughts go out to you.

Here is the interview results and experience from Ying's interview. My link

it would have been nice to know they were going to interview her before she went there.

I think the point was that they didn't want you to know (and therefore prepare).

It is a good sign that they kept the passport, though. For sure you will find out something soon now, as they wouldn't keep her passport for longer than a few days without saying anything.

Anyone else in AP have an experience like this in which they went back in for a second interview and still didn't get the news, BUT the embassy kept the passport?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I think the point was that they didn't want you to know (and therefore prepare).

It is a good sign that they kept the passport, though. For sure you will find out something soon now, as they wouldn't keep her passport for longer than a few days without saying anything.

Anyone else in AP have an experience like this in which they went back in for a second interview and still didn't get the news, BUT the embassy kept the passport?

Agreed. It's usually bad news if they give they passport back and say "we'll contact you." If they keep it, who knows what they do while they have it, but generally they pick it up with the visa inside in a fairly short time.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

Well, I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed!! But I wonder, should I have Teaw take the document I mailed over Saturday that explains what happened with the ex and what brought about the divorce and why I did not end it in April when I was there and she pulled the knife out and I thought she was going to cut me. That had nothing to do with mentioning a divorce either. But it does explain how I realized it was going to end and that I started caring more for Teaw. Or maybe I should just let it lay and wait and see what happens. She did tell them about the knife incident as best she could as I have told her about a lot that happened.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congratulations, Richard!

Tom... I think it's good news that they kept the passport. ####### that they didn't mention the interview. Oh well. As for the documents you sent over, just have Teaw keep them handy. They wouldn't have any impact right now. Have her bring them with her to pick up her passport. Just in case.

USCIS : 104 Days

10-30-2009 : I-130 and Documents Sent

11-06-2009 : NOA1

02-18-2010 : NOA2

NVC : 66 Days

02-24-2010 : Case Number Assigned

02-25-2010 : E-Mails Given to NVC Operator

02-26-2010 : DS-3032 Sent by E-Mail

03-02-2010 : Received DS-3032 and AOS Bill

03-02-2010 : DS-3032 Accepted

03-02-2010 : Pay AOS and IV Bill Online

03-04-2010 : AOS Shows PAID

03-08-2010 : IV Bill Shows PAID

03-09-2010 : AOS and Documents Sent

03-09-2010 : Receive IV Bill

03-19-2010 : DS-230 and Documents Sent

03-24-2010 : False RFE for DS-230; Confirmed AOS Reviewed and No Missing Information Found

04-02-2010 : Sign-In Failed. Thank you, Lord!

04-05-2010 : Case Completed at NVC

04-15-2010 : Majorly Unhappy with NVC

04-30-2010 : Interview Date Assigned

Embassy :

05-06-2010 : Medical Exam

06-08-2010 : Interview Date -- Approved! Experience and Review

06-18-2010 : Visa Received

Timeline

@richard and ying. Congratulations to you both. Good luck with the next steps in your lives.

@Tom and Teaw. I cannot believe it. I keep thinking it is about to come to an end, and it gets dragged out longer still. I agree with Kari. It is a good sign that they kept Teaw's passport. Also agree to just have Teaw hang on to the papers you sent. If they grill her again, she should turn in the papers. If it is a visa in her passport, she does not want to turn in those papers.

Good luck TomandTeaw.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

@richard and ying. Congratulations to you both. Good luck with the next steps in your lives.

@Tom and Teaw. I cannot believe it. I keep thinking it is about to come to an end, and it gets dragged out longer still. I agree with Kari. It is a good sign that they kept Teaw's passport. Also agree to just have Teaw hang on to the papers you sent. If they grill her again, she should turn in the papers. If it is a visa in her passport, she does not want to turn in those papers.

Good luck TomandTeaw.

Thanks. I am more inclined to wait and see what happens. Teaw is a little upset over the interview thinking she did not do well, but from what she told me of the questions and answers, I think she did pretty good. The lady still does not believe that she can write emails and chat in English as well as she does....which is far from perfect but I usually understand what she is saying. And it's much better than we first met. She was asked again who writes the emails for her and made her write on a piece of paper in English a sample email to see how she did. Sometimes I wonder about these people they have doing this stuff. I wish they would have called me so I could give them an ear full of what I think of some of the things they ask about. After all, the prior relationship was over for good in April of 09...although in my mind it was over before the knife incident...and the divorce has been 8 months ago. It would be nice if they would concentrate more on OUR relationship instead of the past one.

Teaw's days off are Thurs and Fri and she is nervous and hoping they call her and tell her to come get her visa. I do too but I feel sorry for how she feels after being grilled again.

Oh, they wanted to know if I had come to see her again since Jan. She told them I was waiting for the visa before I came again since I had to save my vacation time.

Timeline

Hi Richard. I read your interview report. Thank you for writing such a good report. I am surprised at the level of detail they asked Ying.

I sent the list of questions to my fiancee. I also have made a list of additional information I want her to learn such as date of my first marriage, name of ex-wife, ex-wife is a US Citizen, how I support my daughters and when the divorce was but she knows that last one.

My divorce was seven years ago. I met my fiancee two years ago. The relationships are very separate in time. I hope the Embassy does not want to go after that.

Naturalization N-400

Hi Richard. I read your interview report. Thank you for writing such a good report. I am surprised at the level of detail they asked Ying.

I sent the list of questions to my fiancee. I also have made a list of additional information I want her to learn such as date of my first marriage, name of ex-wife, ex-wife is a US Citizen, how I support my daughters and when the divorce was but she knows that last one.

My divorce was seven years ago. I met my fiancee two years ago. The relationships are very separate in time. I hope the Embassy does not want to go after that.

Maybe try heading off additional questions by having her answer the first one, "Did you know that your fiancee is divorced?" with "Yes but it was a long time ago and I don't know that much about it."

Tom,

I hope you get an answer soon. My thoughts go out to you.

Great review by Ying!

Enjoy your reunion, you earned it.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.