TheBears

Sawasdee 4 (Thai K-1s in 2010)

1,202 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

They told us the same thing. We sent our packet 3 on May 10 and our interview is scheduled for June 22nd (total of 7 weeks). Bear in mind this includes the days the Embassy was closed during the protests. You may very well be earlier than expected.

We mailed in packet 3 May 13th and it was recieved the 15th....Still waiting. I will give it a few more days and then send an ie-mail to the embassy.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Got it! Visa to be picked up on the 18th. (8 business days vs. the previous standard of 3)

Details tomorrow.

Thank you all for the well wishes.

Congratulations. I do not think there was ever a doubt. I am sure he was very well prepared.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

... And FYI, TJ Maxx has quite a selection of lingery from different brands (like victoria secret, BCBG, GAP, ...)starting from $5.99.. why pay $30+ for it?

Yea, why pay $30+ for it when you are just going to rip it to shreads or tear it off with your teeth or cut it off ... uh... Never mind :blush:

Good luck with the baby Anya

Naturalization N-400

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Got it! Visa to be picked up on the 18th. (8 business days vs. the previous standard of 3)

Details tomorrow.

Thank you all for the well wishes.

Congratulation!!!! The 18th my baby due date.. lucky day hehe

anya-d i was just thinking about you today...how are you feeling? almost time, hope you and baby are healthy and well. i wish you a speedy and safe delivery.

Thank you very much. I'm doing fine, hanging in there.. a lot of ache and pain and ready for him to come out now!! But i'm trying to go natural so I'm not going to induce, well, may be until he's like a week pass due (hope not)!

Well, Anya, Teaw needs XS in some lingerie and I now it's hard to find some clothes here that fit well. I told her we'd go shopping so she could buy a couple pairs of jeans and stuff like that to bring here

until we had time to scout it out more. We have TJ Maxx and all that here, of course, since you are right up the road from me.

Yea tom, the XS is pretty hard to find here. But all my Thai friends who are XS can still find cloths from the outlet store though (since the most common one are S and M (my size).. If Teaw's here during now - September I'll be on my maternity leave and I can take her to shop, if she doesnt mind the baby smile.gif - but I have no clue of where to go in Raleigh though.. I hardly go there, will have to take my friends with me smile.gif

Did you mean that you actually can't wear CLOTH from Thailand? (As in you are allergic to something that they treat it with?)

Or did you mean you cannot wear CLOTHES from Thailand? (Why not?)

ehh.. I meant, well, mean, I cannot wear cloths from Thailand due to its size being too small hehe.. They 'sometimes' have bigger size but the cut looks bad on a bigger (wider) person. I've always had this problem (even when i was around 100 lbs) and it was a pain to find cloths that fit right. That's part of the reason why I hate shopping blush.gif Especially the last time I was back in Thailand, some store in Pratunam (water gate market) just told me flat out - no size for you, when I asked to try on something...crying.gif But since the style now changed to looser clothing, I have more choice ahahahaha blush.gif

Yea, why pay $30+ for it when you are just going to rip it to shreads or tear it off with your teeth or cut it off ... uh... Never mind blush.gif

Good luck with the baby Anya

good.gif ahahaha

Edited by anya-D

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Timeline

OK I have a couple of stupid questions :blush:

1)What is the PIN for and do I need it? I have the impression I don't need a PIN unless I'm applying for a tourist Visa and I would use it to schedule my own appointment.

2) Should my Fiancee submit form DS-156 or DS-160 with Packet 3? The Packet 3 instructions list form DS-156 but the web site says to use the newer form DS-160. However, for some reason I can't remember, I am under the impression that the DS-160 form is for non-immigrant Visas so I can still use the DS-156 form.

Thanks!

Mike

NOA1 Received at CSC 11-23-09

NOA2 04-21-10

NVC Received 04-28-10 placed under "Administrative Review"

Bangkok Embassy Received Case File 05-24-10

Bangkok Embassy Received Packet3 06-30-10

Received Packet4 Email 08-19-10

Interview Date 09-07-10

Visa Approved!

Arrived in America November 5th, 2010

Married Nov 30th, 2010

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Mike, you don't need a PIN but she does need to pay the new $350 fee at the post office and provide the receipt. Make sure she makes at least one copy of the receipt in case the original gets lost.

I am not clear on which form you need to submit. You could email the embassy and ask them to clarify it. I am sure they will tell you.

Timeline

They told us the same thing. We sent our packet 3 on May 10 and our interview is scheduled for June 22nd (total of 7 weeks). Bear in mind this includes the days the Embassy was closed during the protests. You may very well be earlier than expected.

Yeah we are hoping to be earlier but right now we are just hoping for her to have her interview before the middle of next month(july) and be here before the end of the month(july). Luckily for me our wedding was easily moved to the end of September with no problems... Yeah the Embassy being closed messed up alot of things....just glad its back open though!!!!!

Matt

Met on Thailovelines.com on 4/20/09

Met her in Thailand on 7/17/09

Proposed to her In Bangkok on 7/25/09

Returned alone back to Tx on 8/2/09

Finalized my divorce after 17 months on 12/9/09

Filed I-129f at VSC on 12/22/09

NOA1 on 12/28/09

Touch on 3/13/10

Touch again on 3/15/10

NOA2 on 3/16/10 ....(took 79 days from my NOA1)

Received at NVC on 3/24/10

Medical and Background on 4/22/10

Embassy received packet 3 on 5/27/10

Interview passed on 7/16/10

Arrived in Texas on 7/26/10 .....finally!!!!!!!!

**Married on 9/25/10** :)

(AOS)

Sent off I-485 on 1/3/11

Sent off I-765 on 1/3/11

NOA I-485 on 1/10/11

NOA I-765 on 1/10/11

Biometric on 1/28/11

EAD I-765 approved on 3/14/11

I-485 transfered to CSC on 3/15/11

EAD card in hand on 3/16/11

SS card received on 3/25/11

NOA I-485 approved on 4/18/11

GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON 4/20/11 (No Interview)

(REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS)

Sent package off on 2/11/13

usa-180-animated-flag-gifs.gifMATT and LADDAWANthailand-180-animated-flag-gifs.gif

Deer Park, TX/USA

Bangkok, TH

You are my World and Everything in my life Laddawan

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!

Timeline

Mike, you don't need a PIN but she does need to pay the new $350 fee at the post office and provide the receipt. Make sure she makes at least one copy of the receipt in case the original gets lost.

I am not clear on which form you need to submit. You could email the embassy and ask them to clarify it. I am sure they will tell you.

I thought I could get out of paying the higher $350 fee by having her pay the fee at the Post Office before June 4th. However, after reading the Embassy's latest posting I now know everyone who interviews after June 4th is stuck. If you paid the $140 before June 4th but interview after they will make you pay the difference to the embassy the day of the interview :blink:

NOA1 Received at CSC 11-23-09

NOA2 04-21-10

NVC Received 04-28-10 placed under "Administrative Review"

Bangkok Embassy Received Case File 05-24-10

Bangkok Embassy Received Packet3 06-30-10

Received Packet4 Email 08-19-10

Interview Date 09-07-10

Visa Approved!

Arrived in America November 5th, 2010

Married Nov 30th, 2010

Timeline

2) Should my Fiancee submit form DS-156 or DS-160 with Packet 3? The Packet 3 instructions list form DS-156 but the web site says to use the newer form DS-160. However, for some reason I can't remember, I am under the impression that the DS-160 form is for non-immigrant Visas so I can still use the DS-156 form.

Thanks!

Mike

The DS-160 is for non-immigrant Visas excluding the K-1/K-2 visas. You want to submit the DS-156 filled out online with the automatically generated bar code.

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/niv_howtoapply.html

===== From the Embassy web page =====

"As of June 1, 2010, all individuals applying for a non-immigrant visa at the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok -- excluding K1-4 fiancé(e) visa class – are required to submit the new DS-160 electronic visa application form."

Naturalization N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

The DS-160 is for non-immigrant Visas excluding the K-1/K-2 visas. You want to submit the DS-156 filled out online with the automatically generated bar code.

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/niv_howtoapply.html

===== From the Embassy web page =====

"As of June 1, 2010, all individuals applying for a non-immigrant visa at the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok -- excluding K1-4 fiancé(e) visa class – are required to submit the new DS-160 electronic visa application form."

Interesting they are still listing K-3 and K-4. I'm curious if DOS will forward those to the Embassy.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

Hey folks. I just wanted to post our facts for those of you that mailed in packet 3 shortly before or after all of the recent turmoil. My fiancee (Bud) mailed in packet 3 on May 13th. It was recieved 15 May, which I think was the last day that mail was delivered until after the embassy re-opened. Both Bud and I got an e-mail this morining with a 12 Jul interview date. From my recent readings of this thread, I know there are a few of you out there who sent packet 3 in May. Hopefully this helps with any projections that you might be making, as my patience were wavering and I was soon to e-mail the embassy.

We are both pretty stoked by the way! I just hope it all goes smooth.

Timeline

Hi everyone,

My fiancée has requested a police clearance certificate from Malaysia where she studied and she should have it in 3 to 7 weeks from now. My question is do you think the embassy will accept her packet 3 with that document missing and then she can just bring it with her to the interview? I wanted her to send the packet in about 2 weeks from now so we can have our interview date while we wait for the Malaysians to send the certificate to us. Just trying to save some time'/speed things up instead of waiting potentially 2 months for the certificate then waiting another 2 months for the interview.....

03/03/2010 - I129F Sent

03/10/2010 - NOA1

03/22/2010 - Touched

05/01/2010 - Touched

05/03/2010 - Touched

05/04/2010 - NOA2

05/11/2010 - NVC Sent Case to Embassy

05/12/2010 - Embassy Received

06/17/2010 - Packet 3 received (1st one lost in the mail)

06/30/2010 - Packet 3 sent to Embassy

07/02/2010 - Embassy received Packet 3

08/20/2010 - Packet 4 and Interview Date received

09/14/2010 - Interview.....Approved

09/21/2010 - Visa received

12/27/2010 - Entry into the USA. POE Los Angeles

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Good morning, Everyone!

Here's the experience and review.

I'm sorry for the delay. Husby took a little while to calm down before writing it, and then I took my time translating it.

Hope it helps!

USCIS : 104 Days

10-30-2009 : I-130 and Documents Sent

11-06-2009 : NOA1

02-18-2010 : NOA2

NVC : 66 Days

02-24-2010 : Case Number Assigned

02-25-2010 : E-Mails Given to NVC Operator

02-26-2010 : DS-3032 Sent by E-Mail

03-02-2010 : Received DS-3032 and AOS Bill

03-02-2010 : DS-3032 Accepted

03-02-2010 : Pay AOS and IV Bill Online

03-04-2010 : AOS Shows PAID

03-08-2010 : IV Bill Shows PAID

03-09-2010 : AOS and Documents Sent

03-09-2010 : Receive IV Bill

03-19-2010 : DS-230 and Documents Sent

03-24-2010 : False RFE for DS-230; Confirmed AOS Reviewed and No Missing Information Found

04-02-2010 : Sign-In Failed. Thank you, Lord!

04-05-2010 : Case Completed at NVC

04-15-2010 : Majorly Unhappy with NVC

04-30-2010 : Interview Date Assigned

Embassy :

05-06-2010 : Medical Exam

06-08-2010 : Interview Date -- Approved! Experience and Review

06-18-2010 : Visa Received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I read the review. It's unfortunate that we didn't have more info like that sooner. I could have prepared Teaw better for the onslought of attitude the 3 people interviewing her had. While the reasons for a divorce in the past or whatever should not be their concern, it's unfortunate they put people on the spot and try to break them down. I know Teaw was very nervous not knowing what really to expect. Of course, your man being an attorney I am sure helped greatly in being able to hold up against them. For most of the women I am sure they feel very belittled at the interviews. Oh, well. Still waiting. Wrote the embassy for an update 3 days ago and have heard nothing back yet.

So when is he coming over here, Kare?

Timeline

Good morning, Everyone!

Here's the experience and review.

I'm sorry for the delay. Husby took a little while to calm down before writing it, and then I took my time translating it.

Hope it helps!

Wow Kari. First congratulations. But I had no idea it would be soo difficult. I thought for sure a Thai-Thai (I thought you were Thai that acquired US Citizenship) would be an automatic.

I am very concerned about Bangkok now.

I have 2 possible red flags. One I have practiced with fiancee. The other I need to review again to make sure she knows more details.

Thanks very much and best of luck with the next steps in your lives.

Edited by Audy_Rob

Naturalization N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.