mark111

time limit

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi there , is there a time limit from when you recieve the letter from London saying you have been approved and to gather information and arrange a medical ect to when you actually do it . and is there an idiots page tells you what to do to make this easier, what information to gather , what forms to gather , filll in , how to arrange the medical , visa interview , ect . thanks

hi there , is there a time limit from when you recieve the letter from London saying you have been approved and to gather information and arrange a medical ect to when you actually do it . and is there an idiots page tells you what to do to make this easier, what information to gather , what forms to gather , filll in , how to arrange the medical , visa interview , ect . thanks

There is the VJ Wiki - there's a thread about it here.

I received my packet 3 early October and sent it back in December. They had sent me a letter asking if I wished to continue with my application as they had not received my papers back. However, this letter overlapped with me sending my Packet 3 back.

In your packet 3 letter there will be a link to the embassy site telling regarding booking the medical. Once you have your case number (starting LND) you can book your medical. If no-one beats me to it I shall look for the links.

Once you send back your packet 3 they will send you your packet 4 (interview date). The only date you arrange yourself is the medical.

thanks for the great help , i hope this doesnt sound to idiotic but i didnt recieve a " packet 3 " as such just a letter on the 16th april saying

We are pleased to inform you that we have recieved an approved petition in support

of your fiance or K3 visa application . You now need to complete appropiate forms and collect required

documents . A detailed explanation of the process is found at

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv_15.html

Once you notified us that you all your documents , we will

schedule an appointment for your visa interview

All fiance and K3 applicants , regardless of age , are required to

undergo a medical examination with the embassy approved physician . More information onhow to

arrange for a medical can be fopund at

http://london.embassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv/medexam.html

Pleaseread and follow all the instructions very carefully , Your

case is filled under your name as shown below . When communicating

with this office , either by telephone or letter , you must provide your

name and case number exactly as shown in this letter . If youname is spelled incorrectly ,

lease notify us as soon as possible

ps , the links they included dont work

so my next step is to gather up the forms they require and get any vaccinations i need from my doctor , get police cert , ect , then call them to get a medical ,

do i wait for them to send my my interview date before i schedule an medical appointment , then try to schedule an medical appointment a day or so before the medical as i live 500 miles away so would prefer to do the 1000 miles round trip once rather than twice , i am sorry if i sound like a complete dummy but i want to do this as smoothly as possible

thanks again for your help .

Here's the link. Yours left out an extra iv or something. http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/iv_15.html

DO click on ALL the links within that page to get more specific information, including a link to the medical information. The forms are found in a pane on the right side in tiny print. Just read all of that page and the links carefully because it does cover just about all you need to know. The VJ Wiki link given to you above will give you tips and tricks.

People do schedule their medical close to the interview for the same reason you have. When you send back your forms and the checklist, I would include a cover letter saying you will schedule your medical when you know your interview date because ...........

It takes several days for your medical bloodwork to come back from the lab, then the whole medical report to be delivered to the Embassy. If all things go well at your interview, they may have to delay the final approval of your visa until the medical reaches them. At best it will be a few days. At worst, they will take a while to get back to your case....out of sight, out of mind type scene. It's best to have the medical early so when you get your 5 minutes with the interviewer, he can do everything at once. But you have a very good reason to have the interview and medical the same day.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Oh, and I forgot to say you have a 4 month validity on you NOA2 from USCIS that informed you that your petition was approved. Check out the date on it. If London doesn't hear from you, they will think you have maybe abandoned your case. So get your forms done and mailed in first, even if you have to wait to gather the documents you need for the interview. That way they know you are still interested in a visa. When you've got all your documents, send the checklist to inform them that you are ready for the interview.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

mark111 Packet 3 and 4 are just letters (misleading right). Without looking at my letter I think if you look at the very bottom it has PKT3 on it somewhere.

No question is silly - if you don't get it you don't get. We've all asked our fair share. I hope the Wiki helped.

But you have a very good reason to have the interview and medical the same day.

Nich, there is a new requirement that the medical exam MUST take place BEFORE the interview otherwise you will not be allowed your interview.

'The medical examination must take place before the visa interview. If you attend the Embassy without having attended the medical examination, the interview will be cancelled and you will be required to reschedule for a later date." --> http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/medexam.html

I haven't heard of any afternoon visa interviews being issued, so the OP will have to have the interview at least the day before, although that will delay the issuance of the visa.

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Nich, there is a new requirement that the medical exam MUST take place BEFORE the interview otherwise you will not be allowed your interview.

'The medical examination must take place before the visa interview. If you attend the Embassy without having attended the medical examination, the interview will be cancelled and you will be required to reschedule for a later date." --> http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/medexam.html

I haven't heard of any afternoon visa interviews being issued, so the OP will have to have the interview at least the day before, although that will delay the issuance of the visa.

Yes, I know about the new rule, but my sleepy brain was thinking you had to give them the medical appt date on the checklist. So then I'm thinking well that's kind of a Catch 22. You can't pick your interview date, so how do you know when to schedule your medical when you live that far away? That's why I was thinking to explain the distance and say he would schedule the medical when he knew the interview date. Yes, and the day before would be appropriate and I didn't explain that well.

My bad. No more reading VJ until I've had coffee. Thanks for clearing that up. :star:

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

We wrote January 2010 on ours (sent p3 in mid-December), didn't provide a specific date and they were fine with it...although our interview wasn't until March.

It's really a shame that they can't let people interview at the Scottish consulate.

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

thanks for all the replys all , few more questions ,

so my next step is to fill out these forms DS-230 Part 1 (PDF)

IV-15 & Checklist

Form DS-156

Form DS-157

Form DS-156-K

on Form DS-156-K i need to provide , my marriage cert from previous marriage , my 2 kids birth certificates ( even if they are not comming with me ? ), my divorce decree , some sort of proof i wont be a public charge? ( would this be a letter from my fience saying she will support me till i find a job ) evidence of engagement , police certificate , my birth cert , anything else? , then i send all this off to

The Immigrant Visa Unit, 5 Upper Grosvenor Street, London W1A 2JB

and wait for my interview date?

i feel like an idiot asking all these questions over and over but it all is getting very daunting and brain scrambling for us and seems like its never ending red tape that is designed to make you trip up at every step for not doing 1 thing properly .

thanks for any help and mabey i can treat you to a beer in Virginia 1 day to whoever is nearby

This is London's procedure. It could be different at another embassey.

The forms and checklist are mailed in.

DS-230 Part 1 (PDF)

IV-15 & Checklist

Form DS-156

Form DS-157

Form DS-156-K

The documents you gather to take with you to the interview are listed on the London website. Be sure to click the links and read the explantion of the documents. The checklist also provides you with a list of what to bring. You check it off that you have those documents in your possession and are ready to be given an interview.

The documents are in blue font here: http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/iv_15.html

on Form DS-156-K i need to provide , my marriage cert from previous marriage , my 2 kids birth certificates ( even if they are not comming with me ? ), my divorce decree ,
We were in the same situation and they did not want the previous marriage certificate or the birth certificates of the children who were not applying for a K2 visa.
some sort of proof i wont be a public charge? ( would this be a letter from my fience saying she will support me till i find a job )
Form I-134 and two proofs of her income, especially a 2009 tax return or transcript are taken to the interview.
evidence of engagement ,
Not asked for in London

police certificate , my birth cert , anything else?

See the list in the Embassey link I gave you. Read the IV-15 checklist to see what they ask you to provide if applicable to yourself. Remember mail in the DS forms and take documents and I-134 to the interview.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.