17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

No pics of the wax HCM in his moseleum?

Yeah...like you can get a camera within 2 kilometers of that place LOL!!!

We got pictures of the outside of the building, but my wife was wearing a tank top when we stood in line and they made her go into the store and put on a shirt with sleeves before we went in. She came out swearing it was only a wax dummy in the coffin.

Edited by dalegg

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: Timeline

No pics of the wax HCM in his moseleum?

Yeah...like you can get a camera within 2 kilometers of that place LOL!!!

We got pictures of the outside of the building, but my wife was wearing a tank top when we stood in line and they made her go into the store and put on a shirt with sleeves before we went in. She came out swearing it was only a wax dummy in the coffin.

I thought he looked wax too.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Nice wedding Photos Charlie. Congrats!

Next time, you need to put on a traditional male "ao dai". My wife made me wear the traditional clothes and the people back in the states loved the special photos.

Good Luck on the Visa, it's sort of a journey..................:)

Next time, you need to put on a traditional male "ao dai". My wife made me wear the traditional clothes and the people back in the states loved the special photos.

AHHH!!! the monkey suit...No way...My Vo didn't even ask me to wear it...she knew what I would think...LOL!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

AHHH!!! the monkey suit...No way...My Vo didn't even ask me to wear it...she knew what I would think...LOL!!

Why "monkey suit"? Hope this is a sense of humor which got lost over this forum, then it is HAHAHA funny!

Why "no way", thinking the suit looks funny? FYI, back in the old days, only High ranking officials got to wear those, and the farmers only dream to own a suit like that :)

What would you think about the vietnamese traditional suit? I'm wondering.

I think having some respect about this 4000 years plus culture will serve you right in the long run! IMO. Thanks... I personal would wear those suits everyday if I could... they are the most comfortable clothings I've ever worn next to being nuded HAHAHA... the silk is def a cooler factor for the weather in Saigon/Hanoi in the summer. Love those "Ao Dai"! I will post our "Ao Dai" photos to share with you guys!

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Why "monkey suit"? Hope this is a sense of humor which got lost over this forum, then it is HAHAHA funny!

Why "no way", thinking the suit looks funny? FYI, back in the old days, only High ranking officials got to wear those, and the farmers only dream to own a suit like that :)

What would you think about the vietnamese traditional suit? I'm wondering.

I think having some respect about this 4000 years plus culture will serve you right in the long run! IMO. Thanks... I personal would wear those suits everyday if I could... they are the most comfortable clothings I've ever worn next to being nuded HAHAHA... the silk is def a cooler factor for the weather in Saigon/Hanoi in the summer. Love those "Ao Dai"! I will post our "Ao Dai" photos to share with you guys!

I just think they look silly. My Vo told me that she thinks it would look silly on me too even though she is deep hardcore traditional. She wanted me in that suit, so I wore it. In our engagement, I wore the same suit and she wore the Ao Dai. We respect each others family jokes and we all have a mutual understanding of the strange things that we run across in our cross-cultures.

It is a strange world, but you never know it until you get out...let your hair down and laugh about it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.