Stevehv

DAS police records

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello all, I paid the $400 for the DS-230 and i gathered all the paperwork -well most of it- and mailed the packed Monday express mail next day so they should have received it Tuesday 5/4/10.

First of all any clues when my wife will have the interview?

Second, When we were gathering all the paperwork we went to the DAS office in Medellin to get the "Police Record" that is required. However, it takes pretty much a month to get that, idk why it takes so long. Anyways my wife will probably get that by the end of this month (May). As all of you here i cannot wait for my SO to be here so what we did is that we went to our City's Police Dept and got a Police Record from them and that is what we sent.

She will have the DAS paperwork by the time of the interview and since the NVC says that by the time of the interview you have already submitted most of the paperwork and just make sure you have whatever is missing in the interview, will this be a problem?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Once the NVC complete your case, they send the papers to the embassy, you have to wait at least 2 or 3 weeks to know when is your interview.

The police record is not needed if she doesn't have criminal records, just need the "Pasado Judicial" and certified migratory

We can all make a difference. Please recycle

por favor no escribas en mayúsculas sostenidas, eso equivale a GRITAR

crazy-cats.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello all, I paid the $400 for the DS-230 and i gathered all the paperwork -well most of it- and mailed the packed Monday express mail next day so they should have received it Tuesday 5/4/10.

First of all any clues when my wife will have the interview?

Second, When we were gathering all the paperwork we went to the DAS office in Medellin to get the "Police Record" that is required. However, it takes pretty much a month to get that, idk why it takes so long. Anyways my wife will probably get that by the end of this month (May). As all of you here i cannot wait for my SO to be here so what we did is that we went to our City's Police Dept and got a Police Record from them and that is what we sent.

She will have the DAS paperwork by the time of the interview and since the NVC says that by the time of the interview you have already submitted most of the paperwork and just make sure you have whatever is missing in the interview, will this be a problem?

By "Police Record" are you referring to the Court and Prison records? Or are you referring to the Police Certificate (Certificado Judicial from the DAS)? There's a difference between the two. The Court and Prison records are given to anyone who has been convicted of a crime and has been incarcerated. A Police Certificate on the other hand shows if the person has been arrested. This certificate is provided by the DAS online, it's a very simple process and should not take that long to receive.

In any case, it's up to the NVC to either complete your case with whatever document you sent them. If not, they will send you an RFE requesting the correct document.

The NVC schedules interviews with the embassy for CR/IR visas during the first two weeks of the month for the following month after the cases have been completed. It takes them about 2-3 weeks to complete a case after they've received every form and supporting document. You can call them everyday if you want to find out when the case has been completed since they will have this info available for you via their automated system.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I understand however since its the first time she gets that pasado Judicial it does take like a month because you first have to get an appointment and they give those like a month later. So we went to the local Police Dept and got a document stating that she has never been convicted of any crimes or has had any charges against (basically the same that the pasado judicial will say

We will just have to wait and see, thank for your replies

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.