TurkeyUSA

Turkish Police Report- Please help!

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

We are hoping someone who has been through the K1 visa process for a Turkish fiance can help us. We had our interview yesterday and everything went well, the man told us we were very thorough and that we were just missing one document, but that it is not a big deal. He said it is easy to get. He gave us a form to mail along with the requested document and Turkish passport, and told us after we mail it via UPS that we would receive the visa within 5 days.

The document we originally sent was the current record of the police certificate, or in Turkey is known as the “Adli Sicil Kaydı”. We need to send the embassy the ARCHIVE RECORD. We went to the public prosecutors office or the “Cumhuriyet Savcılığı” to request this document and they could not understand what archive meant. We even looked it up in Turkish, arşiv, and after going back and forth with them we decided to get the document.

The document Hüseyin originally sent looks like this http://dosyalar.hurriyet.com.tr/sicil_erbakan1.jpg.

However, the new document we requested, below the words “yukarıda kimlik bilgileri bulunan kişinin adli sicil kaydı yoktur” says “yukarıda kimlik bilgileri bulunan kişinin adli sicil arşiv kaydı yoktur”.

We beleive this is exactly what we need based on the description in packet 3 from the Turkey conculate website- Police certificates are required from Turkey. Turkish nationals should contact the closest “Cumhuriyet Savcılığı” (Public Prosecutors Office) to obtain Turkish police certificates. Police Certificates from Turkey are known as “Adli Sicil Kaydı”. IMPORTANT: When requesting the police certificate (adli sicil kaydi), applicants must specifically request that both the current and archived records be shown on the document.

However, Hüseyin thinks that since the man did not even know what the word meant or what we were talking about, that maybe he just added another sentence and wrote the word arşiv in there. We just want to make sure we are sending the correct document because after asking around to other police and government officials, it let us to beleive that we may need something different that does not even match the description on the consulate website.

Can someone who has already been through this process and maybe has a copy of their police report look to see if this is the correct document? We just dont want to delay this process any longer. We would like to overnight thıs to UPS today- the close in 4 hours. Thank you in advance for your help!

--------------------

01/09/09 - Met in Turkey
04/05/09 - Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.
06/01/09 - Visit to Turkey
07/25/09 - Unoffically engaged
09/10/09- I-129F Sent
09/14/09- NOA1
09/22/09- NOA1 Hard Copy Received
11/28/09 - Visit to Turkey
11/29/09 - Officially engaged!
12/16/09- NOA2
12/19/09- Visit to Turkey
12/22/09- NOA2 Hard Copy Received
1/5/10- Found out I was in AP at NVC since 12/22/09
1/8/10- Called NVC again and they said it will be sent to the consulate this week. keeping my fingers crossed
1/19/10- Packet #3 Received
1/29/10- Packet #3 Sent
02/20/10- Packet#4 Received
4/26/10- Medical Interview (passed)
4/30/10- Leave for Turkey
05/03/10- Interview - Found out we were missing the archived records for the police certificate because we only submitted the current records (why couldn't they have told us before the interview so we could just bring it with?) we were told that after we mail that in with the passport, we will be receiving the visa within 5 days via UPS.
5/5/10- Sent in archived records of police certificate via UPS
5/6/10- According to UPS, embassy has received our package.
5/17/10- Visa in hand
5/21/10- Homecoming
6/4/10-legal wedding, applied for I-485 shortly after
7/21/10- NOA for I-485
8/17/10- Biometrics Appointment
8/21/10- WEDDING Reception with family and friends
11/23/10- I-485 Approval

Conditional Green Card Expiration 9/28/12

Hey Elisa! Hamit's looks like the "new one" you are about to send and yes, it does have only an added sentence with the word arsiv in it! Hamit's looks just like your attachment except it has the added sentence below it, so you must have the one they need now-send it!

To make myself clear: the attachment you posted above is the police record WITHOUT the archive (arsiv) so the one you have now with the added sentence below is the right one. You sent the wrong one before!

Congrats by the way!

Edited by ErikaAndHamit
389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Thank you so much! We are going to UPS to mail it right now!

We are hoping someone who has been through the K1 visa process for a Turkish fiance can help us. We had our interview yesterday and everything went well, the man told us we were very thorough and that we were just missing one document, but that it is not a big deal. He said it is easy to get. He gave us a form to mail along with the requested document and Turkish passport, and told us after we mail it via UPS that we would receive the visa within 5 days.

The document we originally sent was the current record of the police certificate, or in Turkey is known as the “Adli Sicil Kaydı”. We need to send the embassy the ARCHIVE RECORD. We went to the public prosecutors office or the “Cumhuriyet Savcılığı” to request this document and they could not understand what archive meant. We even looked it up in Turkish, arşiv, and after going back and forth with them we decided to get the document.

The document Hüseyin originally sent looks like this http://dosyalar.hurriyet.com.tr/sicil_erbakan1.jpg.

However, the new document we requested, below the words “yukarıda kimlik bilgileri bulunan kişinin adli sicil kaydı yoktur” says “yukarıda kimlik bilgileri bulunan kişinin adli sicil arşiv kaydı yoktur”.

We beleive this is exactly what we need based on the description in packet 3 from the Turkey conculate website- Police certificates are required from Turkey. Turkish nationals should contact the closest “Cumhuriyet Savcılığı” (Public Prosecutors Office) to obtain Turkish police certificates. Police Certificates from Turkey are known as “Adli Sicil Kaydı”. IMPORTANT: When requesting the police certificate (adli sicil kaydi), applicants must specifically request that both the current and archived records be shown on the document.

However, Hüseyin thinks that since the man did not even know what the word meant or what we were talking about, that maybe he just added another sentence and wrote the word arşiv in there. We just want to make sure we are sending the correct document because after asking around to other police and government officials, it let us to beleive that we may need something different that does not even match the description on the consulate website.

Can someone who has already been through this process and maybe has a copy of their police report look to see if this is the correct document? We just dont want to delay this process any longer. We would like to overnight thıs to UPS today- the close in 4 hours. Thank you in advance for your help!

--------------------

01/09/09 - Met in Turkey
04/05/09 - Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.
06/01/09 - Visit to Turkey
07/25/09 - Unoffically engaged
09/10/09- I-129F Sent
09/14/09- NOA1
09/22/09- NOA1 Hard Copy Received
11/28/09 - Visit to Turkey
11/29/09 - Officially engaged!
12/16/09- NOA2
12/19/09- Visit to Turkey
12/22/09- NOA2 Hard Copy Received
1/5/10- Found out I was in AP at NVC since 12/22/09
1/8/10- Called NVC again and they said it will be sent to the consulate this week. keeping my fingers crossed
1/19/10- Packet #3 Received
1/29/10- Packet #3 Sent
02/20/10- Packet#4 Received
4/26/10- Medical Interview (passed)
4/30/10- Leave for Turkey
05/03/10- Interview - Found out we were missing the archived records for the police certificate because we only submitted the current records (why couldn't they have told us before the interview so we could just bring it with?) we were told that after we mail that in with the passport, we will be receiving the visa within 5 days via UPS.
5/5/10- Sent in archived records of police certificate via UPS
5/6/10- According to UPS, embassy has received our package.
5/17/10- Visa in hand
5/21/10- Homecoming
6/4/10-legal wedding, applied for I-485 shortly after
7/21/10- NOA for I-485
8/17/10- Biometrics Appointment
8/21/10- WEDDING Reception with family and friends
11/23/10- I-485 Approval

Conditional Green Card Expiration 9/28/12

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

im sorry i didnt understand my fiance right now is in turkey, and he said the police records only go up to 6 months. so when we send in the i-129f does it need the police reords? or im still stuck on this ??? help :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Congrats on your approval. That document looks the same as the one my wife had.

Suna, you need a police certificate for the interview in Ankara (packet 3). You don't need it to file your I-129F.

September 11, 2007 - Sent I-129F to CSC

September 12, 2007 - I-129F delivered to CSC

September 26, 2007 - Official date of receipt on NOA1

September 29, 2007 - Received NOA1 via snail mail

October 2, 2007 - Touched

February 20, 2008 - Touched/Approval date on NOA2

February 21, 2008 - Touched

February 26, 2008 - NOA2 via snail mail - Approved!

February 28, 2008 - NVC received file/NVC sent file to Ankara

March 4, 2008 - DHL delivered to embassy

March 21, 2008 - Packet 3 received

March 31, 2008 - Packet 3 sent to embassy

April 4, 2008 - Packet 4 received

May 28, 2008 - Medical appointment

June 3, 2008 - Scheduled interview date was 23rd. Asked for a closer date and was given the 3rd instead.

June 3, 2008 - Interview was successful and K1 is approved!

June 9, 2008 - Visa in hand.

August 2, 2008 - Our wedding party

August 12, 2008 - POE Miami

August 20, 2008 - Legal US wedding

December 8, 2008 - Sent AOS packet to USCIS

May 4, 2009 - Interview day - Approved!

June 23, 2009 - Green card received.

It looks the same, but it has the added sentence for the archived part Kenny! Don't confuse the poor woman lol

Suna: that is why you ask for BOTH the CURRENT records (going back 6 months) and the ARCHIVED (arsiv or anything that is older than 6 months)...if you don't ask or make it understood you will get what looks like the attachment above that Elisa has provided...it looks almost the same, but has an easily overlooked added sentence regarding the archived part...should say "yoktur" for both records as in there is no records, meaning essentially they don't have a police record either current or archived ( recent vs. old or "archived" or arsiv in Turkish the S with the tail of course, but my keyboard is not Turkish lol)..

Hope I made it so you can understand it guys and you are not more confused lol

389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

Timeline

It looks the same, but it has the added sentence for the archived part Kenny! Don't confuse the poor woman lol

Suna: that is why you ask for BOTH the CURRENT records (going back 6 months) and the ARCHIVED (arsiv or anything that is older than 6 months)...if you don't ask or make it understood you will get what looks like the attachment above that Elisa has provided...it looks almost the same, but has an easily overlooked added sentence regarding the archived part...should say "yoktur" for both records as in there is no records, meaning essentially they don't have a police record either current or archived ( recent vs. old or "archived" or arsiv in Turkish the S with the tail of course, but my keyboard is not Turkish lol)..

Sorry for being unclear. The one we have says YUKARINDA KİMLİK BİLGİLERİ BULUNAN KIŞİNİN ADLİ SİCİL ARŞİV KAYDI YOKTUR as well.

June 3, 2008 - Scheduled interview date was 23rd. Asked for a closer date and was given the 3rd instead.

Timeline

Yea that lol and you know I was joking...no need for apologies!

Sure I know. No problem :) It was a vague answer.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

We're just starting this process and trying to get ready. Do the Turkish police records come in English, or do these have to be translated into English?

Timeline

We're just starting this process and trying to get ready. Do the Turkish police records come in English, or do these have to be translated into English?

They are in Turkish and need to be translated. We paid somebody to do it, but it's my understanding that they can be done by you if you speak both languages and submit a document asserting so. Also, if you pay for translations, I'd advise you submit a photocopy to the embassy and carry the original with you to the interview. Otherwise, you probably won't get them back (like us :() and you'll need the birth certificate translation again later for AOS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.