kulayblue

The dreaded sputum test at St. Lukes

80 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 4/29/2010 at 1:20 PM, wworld808 said:

Hi, I remembered my friend also had that situation she went to her medical exam then found out she had abnormality on her x-ray in which she was suprised coz she's not expecting it sinced it wasn't seen the last time she had an X-ray. Then she was ordered by sputum test for 3 days and you have to pay for it too. It came positive so she need to do it again for couple of days and gave her medicine too until it went clear. Her interviewed was scheduled April but due to that situation she got interviewed on June and she passed.

Okay this situation is very interesting cuz my dad went to Saint Luke 3 days sputum but they told him was negative but the last one they told him was positive and they have to wait another 6 months to get treated! So I don't know how they get cured within 2 days lol that's impossible lol

Timeline
On 4/30/2010 at 10:05 AM, Treyu said:

My mom has the same experience and it is really very devastating for her and for all of us who have been waiting for so long to see her here in the US! I just wish that the sputum tests come out negative and that she does not have to wait for the culture test anymore so she can go to her interview on the 13th without being delayed. I guess this post is like my prayer. I am praying really hard for her to get through this the quickest possible way. Kulayblue, she is also scheduled to do the three day sputum tests on May 4,5, and 6. They will know whether she gets a negative or positive sputum test on the third day, May 6. I just hope there is another way out of the 2-month long delay.

Wishing both our moms the best, negative sputum tests, and no two-month long delay for the sputum culture. It would be a nice Mother's Day gift for both of them.

My dad went the same thing 3 days sputum exam then after that they him was negative and waited 8 weeks culture then they called him after 4 weeks and said he is positive what the heck !!! Lol then they told him to wait 6 months treatment . Originally he went to his visa interview last October 19th but they told him to wait his medical to release " sputum exam takes forever " for those who never done this process get ready no matter what negative or positive cuz I have been processing this a very long time ago and my dad got stuck in manila . I asked the doctor to start the treatment January 2018 due to holidays and besides they don't live in manila . They have to fly back and forth and flew many times and still not done ughhh I'm very pissed 😡. Let us pray guys !🙏🏼I can't go visit now cuz I spent too much money to process this IR5 visa 

Timeline
On 4/29/2010 at 6:39 PM, kulayblue said:

Thanks! So that means they won't find out whether it's positive or negative until after two months?

Yes , fingers crossed hopefully they will not call you before 8 weeks culture if they call you that means it's " positive " my dad waited within 4 weeks only after 3 days sputum they had him to go in person to get the result which is sad cuz it was positive " means my dad has to wait another 6 months to do the treatment and I'm very disappointed about this process . I filed this visa since 2015 and still processing and takes forever !!!! This would be my last one to petition my dad cuz I get tired over here to keep spending money and it's not also easy here in the US people here work ### off to get money and feed ourselves too . I don't know why Saint Luke expect people to come to them many time do they think that NOT all applicants that lives in manila ! How about people that lives in Mindanao ?!!??? Do they really think that hard ?!!?   Smh wow good luck to you and all I need to know if this going through or not straight up cuz I don't waste my time to this BS sputum exam ! My dad supposed to get done his visa interview last October 19th ! What the heck is this " sputum" not all people that flys to the US are healthy ! even here in the US 99% people are sick too ! Consider that too.! 

Timeline
On 5/18/2010 at 11:26 PM, andresbonifacio said:

they required my mom to take the sputum test too :angry:

this is stupid, how come they only to these tests for immigrants and not those who apply for visitor's visa?

even if you're just visiting you can still infect other people if you've got HIV,TB,etc. right?

Agree , yeah honestly this stupid sputum exam made my dad to delay his visa too. Originally his interviewed was October 19th but because of the sputum exam result was positive he wanted him to wait another 6 months what the heck ! How about people that don't live in Manila they have been struggling to go back and forth and money can't afford to pay for plane ticket . Now my dad has to go back this next year January due to holidays and if they ever give him a hard time about this IR5 visa I'm done ! I'm tired of this medical process in Saint Luke this is BS! Is not fair to those people that been through to this process . Yeas tourist visa and student visa they don't required that pissed me off ! I hope they don't take advantage to us ! Good luck ! 

My dad has to wait another 6 months ! Anybody can get a hold of Saint Luke we need to protest and complain about this situation ! Why can't they release the medical result ASAP so they can go to embassy and to do the interview why the heck we have to wait ?!!!? We can bring our parent to America and to continue the treatment too smh 

Timeline
On 5/21/2010 at 11:12 AM, Treyu said:

AB, your baby is so cute! I am with you on this. I just wished that I have known this before so I could have advised mom to go to her medical as soon as we received the case number way back in March. She would have been here by now. No use crying over spilled milk, anyhow, but just can't help wishing anyway.

I have some friends who went to St. Luke's yesterday with just their case number and approval notice, but guess what, the guard asked for an interview letter from them and did not let them in until they talked to their lawyer in the US and the lawyer told them to insist on being admitted because they already have a case number. After a few minutes, they were admitted but not before they have been told to stand aside and were subjected to embarrassment! What's up with St. Luke? Why do they accept some, and reject others? I guess it depends on the guard on duty. So now if you want to have an advance medical with just your mnl number and approval notice, you are at the mercy of the guard on duty, whether he will let you in or not.

This sure sucks!

For me , this stupid sputum exam is just a joke and taking advantage to those American citizen. Who sponsored to their parents , I have been waiting for dad's to get his visa . I applied since 2015 and they scheduled him last October 19th but the stupid Saint Luke they don't release the medical right away there's too many hassles and back and forth stuff ! Omg really ?!!! Not all applicants that lives in Manila , so if anyone who lives in Mindanao then that's a lot more expense now these days plane tickets are so expensive! I work hard here and it's not easy to keep spending money for nothing ! We to complain about this issue why Saint Luke won't release the medical result ! Either positive or negative that shouldn't matter not all people that comes to the US are healthy !!!! Anyone has Tb positive can be treated too anywhere we don't have to wait for them to get treated in the Philippines that takes forever ! Why can't they release our medical result and continue to get treated to where they goes any country!!! We don't have to wait another BS 6 months ! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.