almostthere!

hello!

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

thought i'd take the time to introduce myself because i'm surely going to jump in and immerse myself in the forum.

first of all, i just want to say that this website is a LIFESAVER. thanks!

i'm becca, down here in good ol' louisiana. i'm about to start the visa process very, very soon. it's something that should have been done already, and i honestly cannot say exactly why we haven't started it already. i think we were both too busy looking for a quick fix instead, and with the time that has passed we'd surely be finished with all of this mess by now. but i digress...

my honey and i have been together for - oh - 4 years now, an online relationship that turned into a long-distance relationship in october of '08. he's in the UK, i'm over here in the US, and we're going insane. he just left me to go back home saturday. the original plan for this last visit was to go ahead and take the leap into marriage and just start the K-3 process, but i realized that my mother would really like to be present for any kind of wedding (that is not going to be elaborate... i'm thinking vegas at 3am...), so the topic never came up for discussion again. *sigh*

:wacko:

we're going to get this paperwork sorted out as soon as he gets home (he's been stuck in orlando the past couple of days because of flight cancellations with all of that volcano mess), and it seems like this is a good place to have that moral support that i'm going to need in case i turn into a basketcase.

:blush:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hello and welcome Becca :thumbs:

"There's this idea called the soul mate principle. It says that every person has one soul mate out there, just one. And that person is perfect for you and is your destiny. The problem being that almost nobody ever finds their soul mate, just because of distance. So most people go through their whole lives feeling not complete"

Facebook

USA-01-june.gifDarryl & Kate UK-06-june.gif

Haha, I've been in your shoes. I procrastinated filing for 5 months :whistle:

But good luck, and it's one big headache, haha. But its something which must be done, this site is helpful..But sometimes people get attitudes when they think you've posted redundant questions, so do a search before posting your Q's. :)

Oh hey, I married a Briton too. :blush:

Edited by Amanda Lynn

I know my timeline sucks, but my husbands P.O.E was on January 7th, 2013!

Greencard in hand! After almost 4 years, WE DID IT!