Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Birth certificate - Typo in father's name

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

couple of things... I have birth certificates for my wife... Have Birth certificate (Translated version), which has got got a correct name for wife, but continues with typo for her father...What are my options? I see that secondary evidence is required only if the Date of Birth or Name is wrong? Can I just submit the Birth Certificate(Translated version) from her municipality?


The certificate should include the applicant’s name, date and place of birth, the names of both parents, and the seal of the issuing office, i.e. the municipal authorities. If your name is not mentioned in the birth certificate and if any details are missing in the birth certificate or if there is a discrepancy regarding your date of birth or name, submit the certificate along with secondary evidence.

Edited by kk_0311

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


For my Birth Certificate,I got original one from the Municipality. And I also attached a translated version certified by the Notary.

The translated version need to include the following statements:

"The translation is accurate and the translator is competent to translate."

please refer to link http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html where its quoted as below:

All documents not in English, or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by certified translations. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator that states that the:

* Translation is accurate, and

* Translator is competent to translate.

Good Luck!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...