Candy/SadanNasir

RFE for AOS Affidavit of Support

1 post in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I contacted NVC today by calling the automated number. After speaking with an operator I found out the following:

The DS-3032 that I sent in on March 16th was received on March 24 and is being 'processed/reviewed'

They received the AOS (affidavit of support) as well and said that an RFE is being sent out; we will receive an email soon.

They have updated our case/file today and will be sending out an email to us.

I asked what the RFE was in regards to and I received the following answer:

Three points, two I was told to disregard:

(1) that the DS-3032 has not been received

(2) that the IV fee has not been paid

(3) that I don't meet 125% of the poverty guideline and should obtain a co-sponsor

The first point is mute; I have received confirmation that the DS3032 has been received; the second is not relevant yet as I cannot pay the IV bill until the show the DS3032 as received and processed, which they have confirmed by phone only. The third point is my concern obviously.

On the I-864 my TI (total income) is 17,226.99; however, I have listed assets (liquid, with attached documentation) totaling 600.00 more than three times the difference between 125% of the poverty guideline for my state CA, and my TI. In short, I have shown that I have in fact met the financial requirements necessary as per the instructions for the form I-864!!!!!!!!!

I attached a very detailed cover letter and very organized packet including all supporting documentation and all required forms and documents.

I am at a loss as to why they are sending an RFE????????????

As per the i864, assets of the sponsoring spouse will be counted to overcome any difference as mentioned above.

(if there is anything I have left out, which you feel will help you to answer this question, please do let me know)

Please advise!!!!!

Should I

(1) wait until I receive the RFE and revisit this issue; or

(2) begin drafting a letter to the effect that I have met the financial requirements with my assets to over the difference as mentioned above. Is it possible that they made a mistake?

Peace!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.