happywifeymom

How much is too much?

4 posts in this topic

Hello Fellow Vj Members,

Hope you are all in great shape. To make the story short My USC husband is the petitioner for my 2 kids in the Philippines. Got the I-130 approval and now we are ready to send the documents for the affidavit of support. Since we did not meet the poverty requirement since hubby lost job for a couple of months we have our co-sponsor.

I am full time working and co-sponsor has 2 jobs and our documents to submit scares me. With all the tax returns for the 3 of us( Me , hubby and co-sponsor), and other documents.

My question is we have like 120 pages of supporting documents for each of my kids(Each I-130).Is this too much? We just made sure we have all the required documents like paystubs, tax returns, tax transcripts ,etc.etc.

Please i need your opinion on this. Are the documents we gonna send too much?I would appreciate all your help.

Honestly, i dont think you can have too much supporting documentation. As long as you put what is REQUIRED then you will be fine. Just remember...the more you send, the more they have to look at.

I sent just what was required...nothing more. I figured if they wanted more..they would ask.

on edit.....your case may be different...you are petitioning for the kids after you are already in the US right? I know if it was filing for you and the kids together...there would only be needed 1 copy of the supporting documents...your case may be unique...

Edited by Scott and Mhay

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

normally you only have to send 1 copy of supporting documents and 2 of just the 864..but since you are already in the US...hmmm. If all the documentation that is needed is that much...then it is that many pages.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

normally you only have to send 1 copy of supporting documents and 2 of just the 864..but since you are already in the US...hmmm. If all the documentation that is needed is that much...then it is that many pages.

Thank you but it is a two separate I-130 petitions filed for my 2 kids. And there will be 3 people involved Me, my hubby who' s the petitioner and our co-Sponsor. If Me and hubby get paid twice a month, our co-sponsor get paide every week so that alone is 2 paystub each month (me and hubby) and 4 paystub each month for my co-sponsor (she's got 2 jobs)times 6 months plus other tax documents.

Really worried about sending complete documents required coz they are bunch but worried on the other hand of getting an RFE if i don't send what they need.

I did not include any document that was not required but still am scared.Is this too much?

What can you advice me?pls. i wud appreciate all ur respose.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.