shescott

Form I-134 affidavit of support

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello to everyone,I got my packet 3 last saturday I just wanted to ask who is the one who need to fill up the form I-134 affidavit support my fiancee or me? I haven't send back the packet 3 at consulate office b'coz we are confused on that form... Is there anyone can help me about this? thanks

Timeline

The form is filled out by the US citizen - it is to prove you will not become a public charge when you arrive in the US.

so u mean my fiancee is the one who need to fill up that form not me? b'coz its included on my packet 3? i can't set an appointment of interview if i did not return all the forms that they sent me right?

Yes, she fills it out. It is included in packet 3 because again, they need to know you will not become a public charge when you arrive here.

Each consulate requires different forms to be returned to them before they will schedule your interview. In London, for example, there are forms to fill out and return in order to get the interview date, but the immigrant brings the I 134 with them to the interview instead of mailing it back in advance.

Check what your consulate requires.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/

Actually, I'm surprised they didn't make that clear in the instructions they sent you with packet 3 - but alas!

*edited for clarity*

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline

im very confused b'coz the instruction is very confusing for me.... it said send the DS 230 immediately,when i read the 4th stpes it said that fill up the bottom part and return the checklist and the enclosures forms. i called at the consulate office to clear it just answer read carefully again the instructions... so frustrated.... anyway thanks for ur help....

Couldn't tell you without looking at it myself.

That is why I gave you the link to the consulate info section on VJ - others going through that consulate compiled that information and it may make things clearer.

SA4userbar.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.