kurt1961

entry of judgement but no final anullment papers

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee got her anullment in Oct 2009 (or so we think). She received the Decision and also the Entry of Judgement and took this to NSO and Local Registar office. After her Marriage Certificate was annotated as Null and void. She went back to the Courthouse to get the Final decree of Anullment but they said what she has is it. So now, we dont have a Final decree but just an Entry of Judgement and Decision. We already filed her I-129F petition for her K1 visa, but now I am worried it wont go thru because she has no Final Anullment paper. Has anyone else experienced this in an anullment in the Philippines?

Timeline

when did you file the k1? because didnt you send in the copy of the annulment with the application? I am in the same situation as you, and i sent my fiance's annulment papers with the application..She received 3 copies from the courts, and i am not sure on this, but she waited a couple months after the annulment was done and got a cenomar from the NSO office there that shows that she is free to marry. I think the annulment decree that was given to her from the courts is all she needs, and it should be at the NSO that she is free to marry with a cenomar. If you filed before Oct when she got her annulment, then you filed too early. Good luck

Timeline

We filed in March 2010. We sent in the Decision and also the Entry of Judgement because thats all they gave us. The court told us that was all we get after she registered the Entry of Judgement at the NSO and Local Registers office. They also changed her Marriage Certificate to show her marriage as Null and void. Just worried cause we never got Final Decree of Anullment.

Timeline

hmm..did she use an atty to file for the annulment? if she did then she should ask him/her about that. I know my fiance consulted with her atty quite often to make sure everything was done properly..she actually knows more about this than I because she went through it..i just paid for it :lol:

Timeline

Yes, we used an attorney over there and he told us we were done. But I am not sure I believe him, he seemed to just tell us whatever we wanted to hear. Did you receive a Entry of Judgement, Decision and a Final Anullment decree? I am having my fiancee go back to the Courthouse again to double check to make sure we are done and what documents we received are the final papers. Anullments in the Philippines are confusing and we keep getting different answers depending on who we talk to. The stress from all this is driving me crazy. I just dont want to waste all these months of waiting for a k1 visa just to get denied by Immigration for lack of proper paperwork.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.