Traci - Andrew

Waiting for I-601 Waivers in London US Embassy

116 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone

Today 10th August 2010 the I-601 Waiver Status PDF File was Updated

It has been 18 days since the last update, yet there is not a lot of movement this time around, maybe the adjudicators are taking vacations in July/August?

So the highlights of todays update are:

3 UK & Ireland based cases were added to the UK cases Pending this time around!!

LND2010 505 012 - LND2010 064 011 - DBL2009 583 001

1 case has changed status to Under Review from Pending

LND2008 826 010

1 case was completed from London.

LND2008 611 008

This was an overdue update, considering the 18 days since the last one, Remember If your case number is above as a change of status or new case and you are on Visa Journey then please let me know your Case number and I will add VJ User and your Initials to the Spreadsheet.

The current USCIS average cases per week figure is down to 1.3.

As usual you can see these changes in my updated spreadsheet here > I-601 Status Update Spreadsheet 10th August 2010

Wishing you all the best for the next update..

Take care all..

Andrew :thumbs:

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Scotland
Timeline

Thank you, Andrew. It's very good of you to keep helping with interpretation of updates! The long delay before this one appeared also made me wonder whether the adjudicators might be on holiday. They're allowed, I suppose... !! Here's hoping they come back refreshed and pick up the pace soon.

Any stamps in your passport yet? Hope all of your preparations are going well.

Take care,

Andrea

Thank you, Andrew. It's very good of you to keep helping with interpretation of updates! The long delay before this one appeared also made me wonder whether the adjudicators might be on holiday. They're allowed, I suppose... !! Here's hoping they come back refreshed and pick up the pace soon.

Any stamps in your passport yet? Hope all of your preparations are going well.

Take care,

Andrea

Hi Andrea

Thanks for the comment, I will continue to help as many people as possible in the I-601 club as long as I can before I leave for the USA.

I received my CR-1 Visa last week, a very nice looking visa it is too.. but it also came with a brown paper envelope which was very thick, maybe 2 - 3 inches.. which is the envelope that you have to hand to the immigration officer at the point of entry, which in my case will be San Francisco on 10th November 2010 (I hope)..

Anyway to show you what it looks like but without giving away any of my personal details I have made a sample CR-1 Visa for people to view and I have a photo of the Envelope & Medical Envelope which contains a CD or DVD:

CR-1 Visa Sample

CR-1 Brown Envelope

CR-1 Medical Envelope

I hope you enjoyed my Visa Sample, it is real apart from all the information and photo and the Brown Envelope on the other side has a White piece of paper attached with all my details typed out and a black and white photo of me.

Take care

Andrew

event.png

Timeline

Hi Andrew,

Wow -- that envelope is impressive! We had no idea that one might be asked to bring such a package to the port of entry. Thank you for the sample. May it be a preview of things to come for us...

All the best to you and Traci as you embark on togetherness!!

Take care,

Billy & Andrea

Hi Andrew,

Wow -- that envelope is impressive! We had no idea that one might be asked to bring such a package to the port of entry. Thank you for the sample. May it be a preview of things to come for us...

All the best to you and Traci as you embark on togetherness!!

Take care,

Billy & Andrea

The Envelope weighs a lot, so I guess I will not be carrying to much by the way of hand luggage, I already have a Laptop that I will be bringing over as hand luggage so between this and the official paperwork it will not leave me much more room for anything else.. maybe my passport?

:P:P:P

event.png

I received my CR-1 Visa last week, a very nice looking visa it is too.. but it also came with a brown paper envelope which was very thick, maybe 2 - 3 inches.. which is the envelope that you have to hand to the immigration officer at the point of entry, which in my case will be San Francisco on 10th November 2010 (I hope)..

Congratulations, Andrew, on finally getting your visa - you and Traci must be relieved, and very happy, to say the least! Thanks for showing us what the elusive visa looks like...don't know about the others but it makes it slightly more real for me knowing what it looks like!!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Andrea

Thanks for the comment, I will continue to help as many people as possible in the I-601 club as long as I can before I leave for the USA.

Anyway to show you what it looks like but without giving away any of my personal details I have made a sample CR-1 Visa for people to view and I have a photo of the Envelope & Medical Envelope which contains a CD or DVD:

CR-1 Visa Sample

CR-1 Brown Envelope

CR-1 Medical Envelope

I hope you enjoyed my Visa Sample, it is real apart from all the information and photo and the Brown Envelope on the other side has a White piece of paper attached with all my details typed out and a black and white photo of me.

Take care

Andrew

congratulations andrew and tracy,that was fast,im glad its all worked out well for you...my husband sent off his documents last week monday by courrier he still hasnt got his package and visa back.how long did it take from when you sent yours to when you recieved it?

Hi Jnurse

I am glad to hear that you are just waiting for you packet to arrive back, my one took 6 days but they told me about 10 working days is what they have to quote, so i hope it all works out for you both and that you recieve your visa any da

event.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, apologies for the delay of this update I have become a bit slack since being approved.. but I will continue.

Yesterday Monday 23rd August 2010 the I-601 Waiver Status PDF File was Updated

It has been 13 days since the last update and 18 days before that one, yet there no movement this time around apart from adding cases to the Pending pile, maybe all 2 of the adjudicators are taking vacations August?

So anyway the highlights of yesterdays update are:

5 UK based cases were added to the "Pending" pile this time around!!

LND2009 747 026 - LND2009 572 022 - LND2005 790 006 - LND2005 581 017 - LND2005 806 007

No cases have changed status to Under Review from Pending

No cases were completed.

This was an overdue update anyway, considering the 13 days since the last one and the prior update being 18 days, so it seems they have slowed down the updates to roughly every fortnight now?, Remember If your case number is above as a new case and you are on Visa Journey, then please let me know your Case number and I will add VJ User and your Initials to the Spreadsheet.

The current USCIS average cases per week figure is down from 1.3 this update to 1.2, due to the amount of time between updates and the lack of completed cases on those updates.

As usual you can see these changes in my updated spreadsheet here > I-601 Status Update Spreadsheet 23rd August 2010

Take care all..

congratulations andrew and tracy,that was fast,im glad its all worked out well for you...my husband sent off his documents last week monday by courrier he still hasnt got his package and visa back.how long did it take from when you sent yours to when you recieved it?

Hi

Just checking if you have heard anything just yet?

I hope you have the package/passport back from the embassy by now.

Take care

Andrew

event.png

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi

Just checking if you have heard anything just yet?

I hope you have the package/passport back from the embassy by now.

Take care

Andrew[/color]

Hi Andrew ,yes we did get the package back after 3 weeks and 2 phone calls.But you wont believe when he got the package he ripped it open to retrieve his passport out of excitement and tore the stupid brown envelope.so of course he had to return the envelope via courrier the following tuesday and he recieved it on thursday 2 days later which was last week.He booked his flight out for tuesday 31st August and arrived yesterday afternoon.He is here now at home settled,he had no immigration problems at the POE which was LAX and his is a IR1 visa which is the 10 yr green card.But he is sooo fine and the kids and I are happy it was so surreal,totally unbelievable even for him.well i hope all goes well with you and tracy on your arrival.Take care.

Hi Everyone, I am a bit quicker off the mark this time round and have managed to update you the same day.

Today Wednesday 8th Sept 2010 the I-601 Waiver Status PDF File was Updated

It has been 16 days since the last update and 13 days before that one, but this time it has been worth waiting for as they have given us a bunper update today, maybe all the adjudicators are back off holiday now and are concentrating on trying to catch up with the backlog from their vacations in August?

So anyway the highlights of todays update are:

2 UK based cases were added to the "Pending" pile this time around!!

LND2010 111 021 - LND2005 812 017

7 cases have changed status to Under Review from Pending

LND2009 597 023 - LND2009 596 004 - LND2009 577 023 - LND2008 706 006 - LND2008 595 001 - LND2008 343 002 - LND2008 301 001

7 cases were completed.

LND2009 627 007 - LND2009 549 013 - LND2008 854 005 - LND2008 594 010 - LND2008 826 010 - LND2010 526 010 - LND2005 561 018

This was an overdue update but considering their was 16 new changes made on this update I think we should forgive them.

Remember If your case number is above as a new case and you are on Visa Journey, then please let me know your Case number and I will add VJ User and your Initials to the Spreadsheet.

The current USCIS average completed cases per week figure is back up from 1.2 to 1.3 this update.

As usual you can see these changes in my updated spreadsheet here > I-601 Status Update Spreadsheet 23rd August 2010

Take care all..

event.png

Timeline

Thank you for your continued diligence with these updates, Andrew -- you are an absolute star. We can't believe that we are under review at last.

Still grinning at the prospect of your overstuffed carry-on luggage when you travel to the US. Madness!

Hope that you and Traci are celebrating your news together now!!

All best wishes,

Billy & Andrea

Thank you for your continued diligence with these updates, Andrew -- you are an absolute star. We can't believe that we are under review at last.

Still grinning at the prospect of your overstuffed carry-on luggage when you travel to the US. Madness!

Hope that you and Traci are celebrating your news together now!!

All best wishes,

Billy & Andrea

Hi

Thanks for the comment it is nice to be appreciated, also congratulations on making it to the next stage, my advice is not to drive yourself mad constantly waiting for it to move to completed, instead try and throw yourselves into your work or hobbies and try and forget about it, after all there is nothing you can do to speed things up.

So don't worry about it just wait and you will hopefully get a phone call in a while with some good news.

Take care

Andrew

event.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone

Today Monday 27th Sept 2010 the I-601 Waiver Status PDF File was Updated

It has been 19 days since the last update and 16 days before that one, and for all that waiting they have just added 2 more cases to the pending pile? maybe the adjudicators are back on holiday holiday again, who knows, maybe one day they will have a more transparent system that will allow you to view your case like on my spreadsheet but also with a timeline indicator or rough estimate of how long you have left in the process?

Anyway the highlights of todays update are:

2 UK based cases were added to the "Pending" pile this time around!!

LND2009 816 024 - LND2009 632 014

No cases have changed status to Under Review from Pending

No cases were completed.

This was an overdue update, however I do not think it was worth waiting for just to see 2 cases added with no other movement, maybe they were worn out from the large amount of activity in the last update ;o)

Remember If your case number is above as a new case and you are on Visa Journey or Emmigrate2US, then please let me know your Case number and I will add VJ User or I2US User and your Initials to the Spreadsheet.

The current USCIS average completed cases per week figure is at 1.3 this update.

As usual you can see these changes in my updated spreadsheet here > I-601 Status Update Spreadsheet 27th Sepember 2010

Take care all..

event.png

Hi

Another update again today 28th September 2010... USCIS is pulling out all the stops :whistle:

One addition to the pending pile for the UK & Ireland: LND2009 809 003 also 3 others added for Scandinavia

Of course my spreadsheet has been updated to reflect this important update :wacko: : I-601 Update Spreadsheet 28th September 2010

Until the next update...

Take care

Andrew

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.