sknewyork1

Getting the package together

6 posts in this topic

Hi - I am in the process of putting together my waiver package so have couple of questions.

- How much is too much? I think i am going over 800 pages. I have all my monthly bank statements, cable bills (instead of one monthly only), a lot of emails etc. My thinking was to show as much evidence as i could. Are other people doing the same thing?

- How do you go about sending the package and putting it together? I was thinking putting it all in a three hole punch folder. Would that make sense?

- Does any use post-its on things like statements and emails to highlight things that are of interest?

Thanks for your responses in advance

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

Even 50 pages is probably far too much, in addition to the required forms. As soon as you submit, if it is in a binder, it will be removed and the binder discarded. Paper clips for different parts would work best, with a colored paper cover sheet for each saying what that batch includes. The paper pushers will bless you!!!

You can keep all the unsent papers to carry with you for the interview, if one is requested.

Good luck.

Edited by Old Dominion

Hi - I am in the process of putting together my waiver package so have couple of questions.

- How much is too much? I think i am going over 800 pages. I have all my monthly bank statements, cable bills (instead of one monthly only), a lot of emails etc. My thinking was to show as much evidence as i could. Are other people doing the same thing?

I can't tell you how much is too much. I won't send all of them though

- How do you go about sending the package and putting it together? I was thinking putting it all in a three hole punch folder. Would that make sense?

I did buy a three hold punch holder. I separated them with dividers into categories. In front of every category. I will have notes. For example, I didn't have any joint assets with my ex, so I explained it to them.

- Does any use post-its on things like statements and emails to highlight things that are of interest?

Yes. I highlighted some important points and had post-it notes next to it. I also wrote next to it too.

Thanks for your responses in advance

My whole file was around 1.5 inch. Pick the important files that can be the evidence of your faithful marriage. Explain your situation. Explain why don't you have some Certain evidence they suggested. That should do it. However, it also depends on the officer who reviews your petition.

Filed: Timeline

My whole file was around 1.5 inch. Pick the important files that can be the evidence of your faithful marriage. Explain your situation. Explain why don't you have some Certain evidence they suggested. That should do it. However, it also depends on the officer who reviews your petition.

Its the quality and not the quantity that is seen. You could have 1000 pages of cloudy evidence to confuse the USCIS, or you could have 10 pages of convincing evidence to satisfy the USCIS. Suggestions are important, but remember they are suggestions and not demands. If the officer is not satisfied you'll get an RFE. So, yes it depends on the officers, some are satisfied easily, some are not.

Edited by 3600rs

Its the quality and not the quantity that is seen. You could have 1000 pages of cloudy evidence to confuse the USCIS, or you could have 10 pages of convincing evidence to satisfy the USCIS. Suggestions are important, but remember they are suggestions and not demands. If the officer is not satisfied you'll get an RFE. So, yes it depends on the officers, some are satisfied easily, some are not.

Of course it is the quality not the quantity. That's why I say pick the important evidences instead of sending a "book" to them. Again, it depends on the officer who reviews on the file. However, if you prepare well and do not leave confusion to them, you will get approve easier.

Edited by HaJu

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.