Gyspy

America/Australia March Posting

157 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Forgot to mention had blood taken for immunisation records.

He is getting it checked for Hep B and C, HIV and MMR

He also suggested i get a triple antigen/polio booster (which i am having on monday night)

{the vax cost around $70 but being nonPBS should get some back with my health insurance}

And that i should have a flu shot before i go.

P.S. I hate needles, the things we do for love :wacko:

Timeline

I'm from Melbourne.

I managed to track down all my vaccination records, so I don't need any jabs. :thumbs: My local council growing up destroys records after 25 years, but for whatever reason hadn't gotten around to destroying mine yet. That said, I used the list as the basis for a chat with my GP, and we decided that a couple on the list were a good idea, even if not strictly required.

We locked in dates on Friday for my boy to come visit Australia :dance: May can't come soon enough ;)

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi guys :)

Welcome EandR! I'm a fellow Melbournian too ... filing in July though :). What part of Melbourne are you in?

I tried getting my Immunisation records from the council that covers Preston, Northgate etc, but they had destroyed mine lol. I have had my jabs a couple of weeks ago, so hopefully I wont need any on the day of the medical.

How exciting for your boy coming to Australia!! :thumbs:

Hey Gypsy ... how are you doing? Sounds like you have got your jabs covered, I hate needles too lol. Yeah definitely get the flu shot. I had the Swine Flu vacc last year whilst pregnant. I was in America last year, just before all the hoo haa carry on about Swine Flu happened and I was actually sick as a dog, for most of my trip there. I am so sure I had Swine Flu (just like every other person haha), I had never been so sick in my whole life! I asked my doctor today about getting the shot for my baby, as we're going over to the USA end of May for 2 months. He highly recommended it.

Melvin is sending over bubs paperwork this week for his CRBA, US Passport and SSN ... so we will hopefully get an appointment mid April and get all that sorted. It's been held up because of the delay on getting his birth certificate from Savannah.

On a great note, one of my little hurdles is out the way ... I received bubs Aussie Passport in the mail today, so we are good to leave the country end of May for our LAST holiday to the USA woo hoo! LOL

family2.jpg

PFvGp11.png

Timeline

I'm in the Eastern suburbs. I grew up and went to school in the Whitehorse city council area (formerly Box Hill), who, it seems, are about 6 years behind on destroying paperwork. I'm probably one of the only people, right now, who thinks this was a good thing.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi another Aussie here waiting patiently in South Australia.

We receieved our NOA1 on the 13th Jan 2010 but still waiting on our NOA2 hopefully it won't be too much longer. We filed with the Vermont office and I have seen a few on here that have already received their NOA2 and they submitted their paper after us. I am just praying that no news is good news and there is nothing wrong with our application.

It's good to be hearing from other Aussies so I will keep an eye on this thread.

Kathy

Timeline

Hey Kathy.

Fingers crossed for you.

Have recently found out my daughter is pregnant again and due on the 5th September,so am now going to

wait until after the baby is born before I leave if i receive my approval before then.

It is going to be hard, but i wouldnt miss the another birth of a grandchild.

And yes she knows the sex, its a boy. That will make 2 grandsons :)

Anyway still no new on NOA2, so still patiently waiting.

VJ predicts April 29 to May 8 so not going to worry much until after the 8th.

And with the birth suits me fine.

Anyways love to hear how you are all going.

Or if you have any tips for Visa, Traveling, and Moving, drop a line

eg: i thought it might be a good idea to use those vac packs for my clothes, that way i can take everything with me.

it will be winter when i get there so want ALL of my clothes :)

Timeline

Glad you could find your records EandR, needles suck :)

Good to hear, Jamie, that you are ready for your trip in May, im envious. Would love to go visit Chris again

but am saving my Annual Leave for when i leave. That way i will have 5 weeks of pay whilst looking for

a job. (maybe a little more)

I'm formally from Melbourne too.

Born in Coburg, primary school years Nunawading, high school years Ringwood East

and the quite a few various places as a young adult.

Hey all -- I arrived in Ohio on Saturday 10th April....I am still pinching myself that I am actually here with my man. It made me giggle to wake up yesterday morning to him uttering 'You are real..this isn't a dream' We are settling into a routine and getting everyone settled into the house and a wonderful life together. We have been exploring a little, taken heaps of photos and basically just enjoyed being together as a family. Nothing could be better then this. We now settle into preparing for our wedding in June.

Gypsy CONGRATS on the new Grandbaby waiting to be born..such a beautiful gift too.

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Timeline

Hi Terri and Eric so happy that you are finally together and settling into a routine. I can't wait till I can do the same. Still waiting on my NOA2 from Vermont. They have had it now 3mths so hopefully soon.

Hey Gypsy. How exciting another grand child. I have 5 grand children the youngest born on 27th Jan this year. It is going to be so hard leaving them to live in the USA but I feel that this is now my time and with technology today when it wants to work we can still keep in touch.

Great idea about the vacumn bags for taking clothing over. I will look into getting some.

Keep in touch Kathy :):yes:

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey guys :)

Welcome newcomers :)

Congrats on your pending Grandbaby Gypsy!!

Tez ♥ my congrats is everywhere LOL

Congrats on your niece EandR :)

6 weeks til we leave, it was nearly going to be 2 - 3 weeks, because Melvin nearly needed to go out to sea with the Navy, but not now ... well hopefully not anyways lol.

2.5 months until we file :D

family2.jpg

PFvGp11.png

Timeline

Hi All

Tell me if I should be getting worried. I know Vermont is taking longer to process K1 NOA2 than California but I am seeing were some couples are receiving their NOA2 and they submitted their application to Vermont after us. I have been checking if our application has been touched and it was only once on the 17th Jan 2010.

We received our NOA1 on the 13th Jan 2010.

Hope someone could put my mind to rest. Kathy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.