sus

Yardies a home and a farrin, Part 24!

4,635 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You are going to give her a complex! headbonk.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Cause Ells she is one of those children that "knows" she's cute but tries to say that, "I don't think Im cute" so I have to keep her humble rofl.gif

Timeline

Sorry about your day, Hubby's grand-aunt may have cancer also. A few of the members flying out to New York to be there for her.

Well, Imm doing this Degree completion program; first semester since I finish my Associates and me telling you me no feel like doing dis no more lol... Im not learning a thing and every exam in open book/notes/laptop allowed. So what me must study?

Now if u only have ten classes left, you should go for it... dont have my frame of mind

I have an associates in Elem. Ed and in Liberal Arts.. when I finish this mess I will have a BA in Elementary Ed and Special Ed...Im beat down! Been going since 2004!!! What the hamskin!!! Im nuts....

Timeline

Thanks alot I just get so nervous because I want everything to go right my biggest fear is the I-134 I didn't make alot of money over the past few years because I was a student is there anyway around that poverty guideline and if there is not can I get a co sponser

Most likely you will need a co sponsor if you did not meet the poverty guidelines...

Good afternoon all! It has been a very trying day for me at work :angry: but I had to find a quiet place to pray and :innocent: everything is good for now! I really miss you all. I'm going to try to catch up and see what all I have missed! :crying: Hugs & love to everyone! (F)

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline

JQ, don't change your name cause I won't be able to stop calling you JQ!

Glad you were there to support.

Hubby STILL does the same thing even though he knows body parts. You can take the Jamaican outta Jamaica but you can't take the Jamaica outta them! no0pb.gifno0pb.giflaughing.gif

Hmmm, does that mean a visa from the JA embassy or a visa from the U.S.?? That's the only part I'm confused about. With any travel, even we need visas to go to certain countries so that's not a big deal as long as they too go through the U.S. to obtain them. I can see it being a major pain in the rass though if they had to go through the JA embassy for visas to go other places.

Praying both results are good! That you pass the math exam & that he has negative results meaning NO cancer!

Thank you, Im preparing my paperwork to go back for summer classes.. (prayerfully) but Ive also continued to study my math just in case and so I can register to take the test in April. Im also getting my clearences in order. Making sure I stay up to date.

My father is strong so hopefully he can manage. Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have an associates in Elem. Ed and in Liberal Arts.. when I finish this mess I will have a BA in Elementary Ed and Special Ed...Im beat down! Been going since 2004!!! What the hamskin!!! Im nuts....

You're not nuts hon, just a little tired- that's all... but we can do it lol. Just a lil while longer for you and a year and half for me- yay :D

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

AOS from F-1 visa (2 months 2 1/2 weeks or 82 days)

04/14/10 - Sent AOS Package

04/26/10 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/16/10 - Biometrics letter

05/19/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/07/10 - Interview Appointment in Philly- July 7 @ 11:05 am APPROVED

07/19/10 - 2 YEAR Green Card received

Removal of Conditions (9 months 1 1/2 weeks or 285 days)

04/08/12 - Eligibility date

04/19/12 - Sent ROC Package

04/26/12 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/17/10 - Biometrics letter

05/24/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

01/25/13 - APPROVED- ROC card production ordered

02/05/13 - 10 YEAR Green Card received

Naturalization (5 months 2 days or 155 days)

04/15/13 - Eligibility date

06/07/13 - Sent Package

06/20/13 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

06/27/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/05/13 - Interview letter sent/In-line notification

08/14/13 - Interview scheduled in Philly @ 1:30 pm APPROVED

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Well, I was gonna share our minor drama but I don't know if I can explain it properly & it'll probably just make me pissed off all over again. Let me try...

First, a little background....hubby's Ma gave him money last year to buy a car because between his cousin & himself, they got the idea that they could run taxi & make some money (or whatever hairbrained scheme was going on in those pea brains...yes, I'm agitated). I tried to warn him & tell him it might not be worth it (with taxes, licensing, insurance, gas money, maintenance & repair, etc. etc.) but he was determined. He got a car & his cousin ended up licensing it in his name cause he already had a license & hubby didn't. It was co-signed by another so-called friend from work & here is where the idiocy begins. Nothing of the car was in hubby's name because they told him that him being so new to driving would make the insurance too hard to get (BS I call...anything can be gotten as long as you can pay). So, to me it seems he was taken advantage of because he couldn't read & he can be a pushover sometimes.

Okay, long story short, we got use out of the car, left it in JA for his mom because she said she'd be coming back to fix the property & would need a car. MY SUGGESTION was to get a 'for sale' sign & sell the thing in the couple weeks before we'd be leaving for the U.S. No one wanted to listen to me. Now that we were gone, his cousin thought the car would be his because it was in his name but shortly after, hubby's mom realized she wouldn't be coming any time soon & decided to sell it. MAJOR family drama ensues in trying to get back the car title & have both 'co-owners' sign off. Mom wants her money back & at this point, there isn't a damn thing we can do from here. Mom gets a 'family friend' who is a police man in Lucea to help sell the car & 'repo' it from the cousin. Police man supposedly finds a buyer for the car back in November & it is sold. This is where we thought the end of the story was.

Apparently not. Mom never receives the money from police man friend but we didn't know this. THEN, just yesterday we get the call from sister saying that the 'car buyer' now does NOT want the car & wants his money back & to give back the car. Says that he couldn't license it because something on it was falsified (my words, not theirs). If this was true, how did WE have NO PROBLEMS licensing, insuring, inspecting & being stopped at several road blocks??? I was there for all of this & everything passed. Suddenly there's a scam problem & now it's hubby's problem again. #######????? :angry: First, someone is trying to tell us that this guy waited 4 months to try & license the car?? Second, knowing that isn't true, SOMEONE is pulling some ish but you can't get a straight story out of anyone to save a life. Hubby is stressed, I'm angry & annoyed & ready to get him a plane ticket just to go there & torch the MFing car & be done with it! His mom is upset with him cause she feels like she is owed $200K & so I told hubby, when he starts working, his first $2500 US will go to her! I even listened to him on the phone talking to his mom & cousin (separately) & telling all kind of pointless lies (like to cousin saying we were going to come there this year but not now....WHY???). I could just choke him!!

Timeline

Thank you, Im preparing my paperwork to go back for summer classes.. (prayerfully) but Ive also continued to study my math just in case and so I can register to take the test in April. Im also getting my clearences in order. Making sure I stay up to date.

My father is strong so hopefully he can manage. Thank you!

Much love, prayers and blessings

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

06/07/13 - Sent Package

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Well, I was gonna share our minor drama but I don't know if I can explain it properly & it'll probably just make me pissed off all over again. Let me try...

First, a little background....hubby's Ma gave him money last year to buy a car because between his cousin & himself, they got the idea that they could run taxi & make some money (or whatever hairbrained scheme was going on in those pea brains...yes, I'm agitated). I tried to warn him & tell him it might not be worth it (with taxes, licensing, insurance, gas money, maintenance & repair, etc. etc.) but he was determined. He got a car & his cousin ended up licensing it in his name cause he already had a license & hubby didn't. It was co-signed by another so-called friend from work & here is where the idiocy begins. Nothing of the car was in hubby's name because they told him that him being so new to driving would make the insurance too hard to get (BS I call...anything can be gotten as long as you can pay). So, to me it seems he was taken advantage of because he couldn't read & he can be a pushover sometimes.

Okay, long story short, we got use out of the car, left it in JA for his mom because she said she'd be coming back to fix the property & would need a car. MY SUGGESTION was to get a 'for sale' sign & sell the thing in the couple weeks before we'd be leaving for the U.S. No one wanted to listen to me. Now that we were gone, his cousin thought the car would be his because it was in his name but shortly after, hubby's mom realized she wouldn't be coming any time soon & decided to sell it. MAJOR family drama ensues in trying to get back the car title & have both 'co-owners' sign off. Mom wants her money back & at this point, there isn't a damn thing we can do from here. Mom gets a 'family friend' who is a police man in Lucea to help sell the car & 'repo' it from the cousin. Police man supposedly finds a buyer for the car back in November & it is sold. This is where we thought the end of the story was.

Apparently not. Mom never receives the money from police man friend but we didn't know this. THEN, just yesterday we get the call from sister saying that the 'car buyer' now does NOT want the car & wants his money back & to give back the car. Says that he couldn't license it because something on it was falsified (my words, not theirs). If this was true, how did WE have NO PROBLEMS licensing, insuring, inspecting & being stopped at several road blocks??? I was there for all of this & everything passed. Suddenly there's a scam problem & now it's hubby's problem again. #######????? :angry: First, someone is trying to tell us that this guy waited 4 months to try & license the car?? Second, knowing that isn't true, SOMEONE is pulling some ish but you can't get a straight story out of anyone to save a life. Hubby is stressed, I'm angry & annoyed & ready to get him a plane ticket just to go there & torch the MFing car & be done with it! His mom is upset with him cause she feels like she is owed $200K & so I told hubby, when he starts working, his first $2500 US will go to her! I even listened to him on the phone talking to his mom & cousin (separately) & telling all kind of pointless lies (like to cousin saying we were going to come there this year but not now....WHY???). I could just choke him!!

Dat blasted cousin... dont get too mad, jus leave him to God

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

06/07/13 - Sent Package

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You're not nuts hon, just a little tired- that's all... but we can do it lol. Just a lil while longer for you and a year and half for me- yay :D

9 months for me too :thumbs:

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:wow: drama for real

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Timeline

9 months for me too :thumbs:

Like my mom said- no rest for the -- (let me omit that part) lol

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

06/07/13 - Sent Package

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

Congrats Mo!

:rofl: Your comments to Mrstee & Dillon killed me! Ya facety! ;)

We didn't end up going camping but we did take a nice day 'road trip' to Monterey. I'm going to post pics on FB as soon as I'm done replying here.

:blink:

:rofl::bonk:

Hey Ells, oooh pics I can't wait to see :yes:

Tell me about it... I hate that airlines are tyring to make a dollar for every little thing. I paid for the damn seat when I paid for the ticket. :angry: I guess that's one reason I miss flying Air Jamaica. We are staying at a villa in Ochi.

So you have to pay extra for a seat reservation? Sign of the times I guess ( Shrugs shoulders)

not from Jamaica crying.gif its not the same

Really? I'm not a drinker but the Dominican and St Marteen rum cream tastes the same to me LOL

Hope you're feeling better today Philly!

And I hope you didn't have to kick him rass too bad. Time to use the Gollywood line, "YOU ARE NOT MY SON!" IF he keeps it up.

Thanks Ells I still feel like ####### but much better than yesterday :yes: Girllllll this chile done really worked my last good nerve and you know this always causes problems wid mi and Mom :help: so last night was not a good night but I am not letting him stress me cause I am the keeper of the contract! B-)

Girl I so should have used that Gollywood line last night :rofl:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline

likkle more i will catch up at home! :)

Be safe

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

06/07/13 - Sent Package

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.