sus

Yardies a home and a farrin, Part 24!

4,635 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Stone (( waving)) Sis mi hear from more family in Haiti and we are helping them the best we can hopefully we can get there this summer. How is your family doing over there I pray they are doing better this is not a easy road but Haiti will recover!

Hey Philly....my mom is trying to get her sister and three kids over here...she is trying to find a good lawyer (and cheap) so they can process the visa paperwork...its going to be a lot for my mom though...her sister doesn't work and her three kids are all young...my mom and my aunt were the ones taking care of her and her kids back in Haiti....it will be harder for her if when they are here.....but its too crazy for them to be out there...Its tough... :unsure:

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:thumbs:

Tierra knows what it is (not my fault) but I told her if she wants one she has to buy it herself and save her pennies! HA!

That is a good idea Irie...teach her the value of a dolla! I am actually lucky because she may know about them but just isn't interested...she really isn't into dolls.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hey ya'll!!! wanna thank EVERYBODY for the love on yesterday.. texts, fb comments everything.. i love my i-family!!!!!!!!!!

i am thankful that we all got to be with my dad his last mnth.. we talked and laughed and i know it was God cuz he could have easily died without us having this chance..

question...what do you think about cremation.. i personally have nothing against it, but some familymembers are tripping for real.. my dad has no money and cremation is the most affordable route but for a couple more hundred we could have just a gravesite burial w/ no head stone..

just looking for a lil more knowledge on the subject

I am pre-paid for cremation.

It's a personal choice. I saw "Poltergeist".....that's pretty much all I am saying on it in public in case I offend anyone.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I am pre-paid for cremation.

It's a personal choice. I saw "Poltergeist".....that's pretty much all I am saying on it in public in case I offend anyone.

:unsure:

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline
((((hey q))))

you seem to be holding up pretty well, keep your head up

i see nothing wrong with cremation but i know most ppl don't like the idea

i believe in practicality over "tradition"

did your dad express any wishes on how he wished to be sent off?

yes girl.. it was hard becuz roger keeps my phone while at work so ididn't get my sisters text when the dr called her.

i went to the hospital as my regular visit after work.. the nurse told me he was moved but didnt say why..

when i got there.. the chaplain greeted me with "im sorry for ur loss" i was like :blink:

it was heartbreaking cuz he seemed to be doing SOOO well, but God wanted him to get well enough to get RIGHT..

the last time i saw him.. we were all listening to a sermon his cousin had recorded and my dad listened to the WHOLE thing, he had wanted my sister to sing to him but she wasn't there so we listend to that instead..

he told me how overwhelmed he was from everybody's outpour of love and attention that mnth he was in hospital..most of us he hadn't seen in years.. he told me he loved me and i told himand i know any shame or condemnation was gone.. i know he gained a relationship w/ the Lord too..he was ready.. had he got back in those streets, who knows what would have happened to him..

Filed: Timeline
SunRay, I don't understand the rooms for breastfeeding. They just started that at my job a couple of years ago. But I never ever ever see women with their newborns at work, so I wonder when they would use those rooms.

Nat --- they use the rooms to pump milk if they do not have a private office. We have them here at work and I did the same thing because I didn't have an office at the time.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Ya'll were killing me with the money stories, but Irie's took the cake. I never heard of coins being stored in the "third pocket."

JG, why do you want to beat William Shatner in the head?

I got a call from a Google recruiter a few years ago about moving west & working there. I wasn't interested in moving west. But the fact that employees get to spend 1 day/week working on their own initiatives is awesome, as well as the lunches.

SunRay, I don't understand the rooms for breastfeeding. They just started that at my job a couple of years ago. But I never ever ever see women with their newborns at work, so I wonder when they would use those rooms.

MrsTee, any updates on the wedding certificate?

KJenkins, congrats on your man's arrival!

He just looks at me funny and points when I get on that sight. I don't think he's really running around looking for MY best deal anyhow. He just bugs me :angry:

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
To be continued.....

Part 2

Some people are not going to like this but IMO

Ok maybe you should explained to him. i dont want to live some where.. where life as I am used to.. is not always secure. The options America leaves for people are unbelievable. Some Jamaicans dont agree with the culture of American and thats fine, you can have Jamaican culture in America. Some people are not used to getting everything the american way.. and dont wish to bend to anything else. One thing about the US, you can do any rass thing you set your mind on in this country, and actually make money off it. And i love that.. in jamaica. the smallest idea can take you some place.. but it will never take you to far.. unless you hussle your way. The jamaica his parents grew up in is gone. For good... the jamaica he probably grew up in is getting worse, not better, and the main reason is= all the educated are leaving (SMH), and not coming back to make it better, so if he want to go back he should stay and make that money and maybe one day he will realize he love his country enough to try and return to help it out. Not go back because its easier. But one thing is and this is so true Americans are lazy and a Jamaican can have alot here because of their work ethic.

Be blessed momma and Pray because got can change the heart of all. (F)

:blink::blink::blink: whaaaaaa?????

All I can say is AH WAH DE MUMMA RASSCLATH IS DIS......SMDH

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Timeline
:blink::blink::blink: whaaaaaa?????

Yeah.....never like such generalizations.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Nat - when you breastfeed, your breast leaks alot. The rooms are for you to pump the milk in privacy. I think you have to 2-3 times a day. Not exactly sure since I never breastfed but my coworker does.

Timeline
I am pre-paid for cremation. It's a personal choice. I saw "Poltergeist".....that's pretty much all I am saying on it in public in case I offend anyone.

i have been saying i was gonna do mine since my granny died.. she had her and her husband and her children all prepaid for burials..

Timeline
hey ya'll!!! wanna thank EVERYBODY for the love on yesterday.. texts, fb comments everything.. i love my i-family!!!!!!!!!!

i am thankful that we all got to be with my dad his last mnth.. we talked and laughed and i know it was God cuz he could have easily died without us having this chance..

question...what do you think about cremation.. i personally have nothing against it, but some familymembers are tripping for real.. my dad has no money and cremation is the most affordable route but for a couple more hundred we could have just a gravesite burial w/ no head stone..

just looking for a lil more knowledge on the subject

I am all for cremation - One part of my family has travelled (and now some moved) to a beach area for years - everyone in the family is cremated when they have passed, and their ashes are scattered on the same beach. With the first person, this really pretty blue butterfly appeared and was flying around us all - Since then, there is one more butterfly each time someone passes - and the only place down there we see them is on this beach.

Hey Philly....my mom is trying to get her sister and three kids over here...she is trying to find a good lawyer (and cheap) so they can process the visa paperwork...its going to be a lot for my mom though...her sister doesn't work and her three kids are all young...my mom and my aunt were the ones taking care of her and her kids back in Haiti....it will be harder for her if when they are here.....but its too crazy for them to be out there...Its tough... :unsure:

I know the CT Lawyers are doing a ton of probono work for this, probably NY too - Here is a link to the CT attorney info, they have clinics, etc...

http://ctlawyers4haiti.wordpress.com/

http://ctlawyers4haiti.wordpress.com/

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
It's more then a doll.....they are all from different eras of history. There is learning involved. Role playing. Plus, the fact that it's how I got my daughter to respect her things. Not to mention, she looked so darn cute dressed like her doll. I have to scan some pics for you. You will crack up.

We started out with the Bitty Baby. It's like $36. Or was when I got it. She was like 2 at the time.

We just moved her a few weeks ago...saw dolls in a box. Her dolls look great. She's almost 15 now.

I can take a book from the library for free and teach Tierra history, buy a doll and her a matching outfit (which I have done) all for less than 1/2 the cost of the doll. :)

It is a nice concept but just too much money.

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ya'll were killing me with the money stories, but Irie's took the cake. I never heard of coins being stored in the "third pocket."

JG, why do you want to beat William Shatner in the head?

I got a call from a Google recruiter a few years ago about moving west & working there. I wasn't interested in moving west. But the fact that employees get to spend 1 day/week working on their own initiatives is awesome, as well as the lunches.

MrsTee, any updates on the wedding certificate?

KJenkins, congrats on your man's arrival!

I have no idea Nat. I didn't think to ask when I was there, but I can only assume that people do. Google wants their employee's to feel right at home I guess. lol

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
Very good points.

I believe he thought that when he came here and started working he would make thousands $ and fly back home whenever.

I wish I knew where that tree with the falling money is because I would climb it right now...lol

Wouldn't we all shoooooooooot, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers sis. This can't be easy especially having to take care of your mother.

I think its funny how some Jamaicans can have a misperception of what the US is really like. Hell, sure its the land of opportunity but if they only knew what we had to do to have that opportunity.. It aint easy...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.