mainyasha

Filing n400 while i751 is pending

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I have an immigration petition that seems to have fallen into the USCIS black hole. My i751 had been pending since June of 2008, however, I am eligible to file for citizenship today. I have been told a pending i751 delays a the n400 so it doesnt make a difference. I have been told filing an n400 with i751 leads to investigation and stokes interview. I need to hear from someone who did it. I want to know if they process your i751 or your citizenship. I`ve been told its done simultaneously. So which interview is done then if its simultaneuos? HELP!

Filed: Timeline
I have an immigration petition that seems to have fallen into the USCIS black hole. My i751 had been pending since June of 2008, however, I am eligible to file for citizenship today. I have been told a pending i751 delays a the n400 so it doesnt make a difference. I have been told filing an n400 with i751 leads to investigation and stokes interview. I need to hear from someone who did it. I want to know if they process your i751 or your citizenship. I`ve been told its done simultaneously. So which interview is done then if its simultaneuos? HELP!

Filed: Country: South Africa
Timeline

I have never heard any of this. What I have heard is that filing the N-400 will force adjudication on the I-751. I filed my N-400 yesterday. My I-751 is still pending. The person I spoke to at USCIS said no problem to file N-400 if I-751 is still pending.

On a side note, if you filed June 2008, were you not eligible to file N-400 sooner?

03-03-09 I-751 mailed to VSC

03-06-09 I-751 received at VSC

03-10-09 Check cashed

03-26-09 NOA1 received

03-30-09 Biometrics Appointment Notice

04-03-09 Can 'see' my case online USCIS

04-15-09 Biometrics Date ~ completed successfully in Atlanta

04-16-09 Touched

07-13-09 Waiting for something, anything...

07-31-09 Received my SECOND biometrics notice ...wth?

08-22-09 Second Biometrics Date ~ completed successfully in Atlanta: picture only this time

08-24-09 Touched

08-25-09 Touched

09-14-09 Received my THIRD biometrics notice

09-26-09 Will try a 'walk-in' in Atlanta ~ successful: picture only, again

09-28-09 Touched

09-29-09 Touched

09-30-09 Third Biometrics Date

12-02-09 Called USCIS: case still being processed

02-08-10 Waiting...

02-19-10 Called USCIS: Completed a service request based on my case being outside processing time

03-05-10 Info Pass scheduled in Atlanta for extension stamp in passport

03-10-10 E-mail received: Card production ordered - I can't believe it, finally! (Time = 1 year & 1 week)

03-23-10 10 Year Green Card Received

02-19-10 Eligible to file N-400

02-28-10 N-400 mailed to Texas

03-04-10 N-400 received in Texas

04-07-10 Biometrics

06-04-10 Service request

07-21-10 Interview & Oath Ceremony same day in Atlanta - Visa Journey over!

If you browse the citizenship forum, there were a few threads that talked about it - applicant experiences.

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

You can also try to call your congressman's office and inform him/her about your situation.

One person did that a few days ago and today he received the approval notification.

Check out the dates on his quotes.

This is taking too long. December CSC filers are being approved. I sent a letter and authorization form to my congressman and appealed for help in figuring out why my case is always delayed - and why this last leg is taking so long. Let's hope he finds out someone just misplaced my file.
Just an update: I received a reply via post that my congressman has inquired into my case and requested an update (as of the 20th of February). The last time that happened my case was approved right away. So we will see if this has any effect this time.

It may take time for the inquiry to hit someones eyes over at uscis though.

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On March 1, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Mainyasha and Everyone,

Lol..I can definitely understand your frustration here, in waiting for your I-751 to be approved (wow, almost 2 years is certainly a long time to wait! :blink: ), as "I've been there, done that", with this stage of the immigration game....

For my I-751 case, it took 10 months for it to be approved (which is far more than the 6 months of service expectations)

And this was after 4 expedites/inquiries and a passport stamp, including 2 inquiries that involved getting my local congressman involved....

Lol..I'd still be waiting now, if they didn't intervene!

Oh and to add insult to injury, I was pregnant at the time..

And it was quicker for the baby to arrive in 9 months than it was to get that green card in 10 months!....

Overall, I ended up having the 10yr card for only 5 months, despite having to wait 10 months for it! (I had to give up my card when I got citizenship)

Still makes my blood boil too...(even though I don't have my card anymore since they took that away and I'm a US Citizen...lol...)

(See my vj timeline for more information and my detailed story.....)

If I were you, I would make an infopass with the USCIS to further inquire about your case.

If that doesn't work, my suggestion is to take your case up to your local senator/congressman/ombudsman to get your case further investigated and eventually approved. Political influence does help here..lol.... :thumbs:

As well, if you are able to file for the N-400/US Citizenship, when you meet all those requirements, by all means, go for it! This will "force" your I-751 to be approved so that your N-400 can be approved too.

I agree, those who get approved quickly and without incident at this I-751 stage of the game are lucky. But who knows, maybe you'll have better luck in the N-400 stage, to make up for the delays and problems you had with the I-751. Lol..I know it did for me, as I got US Citizenship very quickly in 2 months (average wait is 4-6 months), with no problems for the interview, and on top of that, got a oath ceremony request honoured too. Guess that made up for the I-751 delays and problems for me, and maybe for you too if your citizenship is approved quickly and get lucky there.

Don't give up! There is hope..... :thumbs:

Hope this helps. Good luck with the rest of your journey too.

Ant (been there, done that....blood still boils...)

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My 1-751 has been pending since December 2008, and I despite numerous inquiries since then, I've never been able to find out what the hold up was; just kept being told that it was in process and i just had to wait. I'm now on my 2nd I-551 stamp! I filed my N400 when I became eligible in December 2009, was fingerprinted in January and have an interview appointment in April. I understand that my I-751 will be adjudicated at the same time as the N400 interview. So far I haven't received any special instruction for the interview, just the normal "white letter" that many other applicants receive that lists the documents you should bring with you.

Good luck on your journey, Mainyasha. Won't it be wonderful to be finally finished with the USCIS?!

N-400

12/14/09 Mailed application to Lewisville, Texas

04/23/10 Sworn in. America's newest citizen!

I-130

04/26/10 Mailed parents' applications to Chicago

05/03/10 NOA 1 from CSC

10/05/10 I-130 approvals for both parents received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.