felizardo

category f4, can i still get my 26 yr old son

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi there

help pls

my category is f4, my son is single, he is 26 years old right now, can i still get him as a derivative? birth date of my son is aug 8 1984,

my sister who is a US citizen in applied me for f4 last march 15, 1988 and finally after 22 years, january 2010 we receive the choice of agent form and we already sent it, they said they already recive it and said that thgey will sent the AOF to the petitioner and they also said that they will send us the procesing fee bill but till right now i haven't receive any... i just want to ask, for how long they will send the next forms?

about cspa, can i get my son?

if yes do i have to send the DS 230 form even though NVC did not ask me to send it yet?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi there

help pls

my category is f4, my son is single, he is 26 years old right now, can i still get him as a derivative? birth date of my son is aug 8 1984,

my sister who is a US citizen in applied me for f4 last march 15, 1988 and finally after 22 years, january 2010 we receive the choice of agent form and we already sent it, they said they already recive it and said that thgey will sent the AOF to the petitioner and they also said that they will send us the procesing fee bill but till right now i haven't receive any... i just want to ask, for how long they will send the next forms?

about cspa, can i get my son?

if yes do i have to send the DS 230 form even though NVC did not ask me to send it yet?

hello there, we are on the same situation as yours and im 22 years old. i have a question. when was the date when your visa was approved? we'll know if your son is still included by knowing the date of approval of your visa. ok?

hello there, we are on the same situation as yours and im 22 years old. i have a question. when was the date when your visa was approved? we'll know if your son is still included by knowing the date of approval of your visa. ok?

hi there, actually it is not yet approved, right now they are still working on my cspa.. the last forms ive got is the agent form.. not sure the no. of that form.

can you tell me the whats gona happen?

my priority date is march 15, 1988.. my son's birth date is aug 9 1984

whats the status of your application?

how about you?

Edited by felizardo

hi there, actually it is not yet approved, right now they are still working on my cspa.. the last forms ive got is the agent form.. not sure the no. of that form.

can you tell me the whats gona happen?

my priority date is march 15, 1988.. my son's birth date is aug 9 1984

whats the status of your application?

how about you?

im from the philippines. (; and my mother is the principal benificiary..

i am currently 22 right now.

category: F4 (im the derivative B)

bday:may 14 87

current: dec 7 2009

pd: jan 22 88

approved:

i dont know either when was it approved.. but my Aunt has recieved a letter way way back june 10 1988, same year "NOTICE OF APPROVAL OF RELATIVE IMMIGRANT VISA PETITION".. im not quite sure if this is what they call the approved petition date.. cause we haven't recieved here in the philippines any letter from NVC that our petition has been approved. but my Aunt had paid my mother's fee this january. we aren't really sure if we'll pay mine as well. cause if you'll calculate it, given the fact that the pending time between the initial filing date/PD and approved.. (if its really the NOA OF RELATIVE IMMIGRANT VISA PETITION) then, pending time is roughly 6 months.. minus to my current age.. so 21 yr 6 mos.. roughly like that..

under CSPA, they only cater, 21 below...

but the problem lies,, how will i know when was the REAL PETITION APPROVED DATE from NVC..

wait i dont quite get it.. cspa, you're under f4?.. right? and your sister/brother has applied a visa for you.. and you are the principal benficiary, and currently you have a son who is a derivative benificiary?.. but has aged out? right?

Edited by skylit runner

im from the philippines. (; and my mother is the principal benificiary..

i am currently 22 right now.

category: F4 (im the derivative B)

bday:may 14 87

current: dec 7 2009

pd: jan 22 88

approved:

i dont know either when was it approved.. but my Aunt has recieved a letter way way back june 10 1988, same year "NOTICE OF APPROVAL OF RELATIVE IMMIGRANT VISA PETITION".. im not quite sure if this is what they call the approved petition date.. cause we haven't recieved here in the philippines any letter from NVC that our petition has been approved. but my Aunt had paid my mother's fee this january. we aren't really sure if we'll pay mine as well. cause if you'll calculate it, given the fact that the pending time between the initial filing date/PD and approved.. (if its really the NOA OF RELATIVE IMMIGRANT VISA PETITION) then, pending time is roughly 6 months.. minus to my current age.. so 21 yr 6 mos.. roughly like that..

under CSPA, they only cater, 21 below...

but the problem lies,, how will i know when was the REAL PETITION APPROVED DATE from NVC..

wait i dont quite get it.. cspa, you're under f4?.. right? and your sister/brother has applied a visa for you.. and you are the principal benficiary, and currently you have a son who is a derivative benificiary?.. but has aged out? right?

im also from phil, baguio city

category F4

yeah my son is now 25, birthdate is august 9,1984.

PD: march 15 1988

try the calculations for CSPA, i tried calculating my sons CSPA< and he only got 4 on total.. means hes still elligiblle,

i got a email from NVC yesterday:

stating:

This case is currently under review for applicability of the Child

Status Protection Act (CSPA). You will be notified as soon as a

decision is made. Please be advised that there is no timeframe for when

this will happen. Please do not contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate

General, as they will have no further information.

A packet containing the Affidavit of Support (I-864) Processing Fee

Invoice has been sent to the petitioner or attorney of record. The

payment due amount listed on the invoice must be paid according to the

instructions.

i hope it will be approved..

how about you, what have you done so far?

im also from phil, baguio city

category F4

yeah my son is now 25, birthdate is august 9,1984.

PD: march 15 1988

try the calculations for CSPA, i tried calculating my sons CSPA< and he only got 4 on total.. means hes still elligiblle,

i got a email from NVC yesterday:

stating:

This case is currently under review for applicability of the Child

Status Protection Act (CSPA). You will be notified as soon as a

decision is made. Please be advised that there is no timeframe for when

this will happen. Please do not contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate

General, as they will have no further information.

A packet containing the Affidavit of Support (I-864) Processing Fee

Invoice has been sent to the petitioner or attorney of record. The

payment due amount listed on the invoice must be paid according to the

instructions.

i hope it will be approved..

how about you, what have you done so far?

haha!! teka tita or tito? (; haha! feeling close! teka, kasi sa tita ko na finoforward lahat.. so parang siya ung agent, well, binayaran na namin ung 70, plus ung 400.. eh pano nio na compute ung cspa kung hindi pa na aapprove ung petition? eh sabi ninyo po, wala kayong approval date or whatsoever.. hindi pa niya na ccomplete ung AOS (kasi may mga requirements kelangan ipasa).. so ayon.. pero kayo po ba, pano niyo kinompute yon eh, wala pa po kayong sinabi na date approved?

haha!! teka tita or tito? (; haha! feeling close! teka, kasi sa tita ko na finoforward lahat.. so parang siya ung agent, well, binayaran na namin ung 70, plus ung 400.. eh pano nio na compute ung cspa kung hindi pa na aapprove ung petition? eh sabi ninyo po, wala kayong approval date or whatsoever.. hindi pa niya na ccomplete ung AOS (kasi may mga requirements kelangan ipasa).. so ayon.. pero kayo po ba, pano niyo kinompute yon eh, wala pa po kayong sinabi na date approved?

yeah, lets say ngaung 2010 ang apporval date.. cspa kc parng mag freeze ung age ng anak dun sa priority date which is march 15, 1988.. ang age ng anak ko nun e 4 lng yta.22 years kming nghhntay for that. hntay plang mareceive ng kapatid ko sa states ung AOS.. kmi prn kc agent e, dpat pla ung kptid ko nlng sa US ag gnwa kong agent para mas mbilis..

right now sbi ng NVC check n nila kun applicable sa anak ko ung CSPA, humingi pla cla birth cert ng anak ko para masali xa as derivative..

tga san ka pla? hehe

yeah, lets say ngaung 2010 ang apporval date.. cspa kc parng mag freeze ung age ng anak dun sa priority date which is march 15, 1988.. ang age ng anak ko nun e 4 lng yta.22 years kming nghhntay for that. hntay plang mareceive ng kapatid ko sa states ung AOS.. kmi prn kc agent e, dpat pla ung kptid ko nlng sa US ag gnwa kong agent para mas mbilis..

right now sbi ng NVC check n nila kun applicable sa anak ko ung CSPA, humingi pla cla birth cert ng anak ko para masali xa as derivative..

tga san ka pla? hehe

hello po, taga makati ako, sa manila. :). ganon katagal ung approval date??? 2010?? 22 ako ngaun. priority date namin eh jan 22, 88. pinadalhan kayo siguro ng approval notice or something, its either ung sister niyo or kayo mismo..

ah, bali nag sulat po kayo sa nvc? as in kayo mismo ung nag sulat na pwedeng i CSPA ung anak niyo? tanong ko lang po..

kasama po ba ung anak niyo sa invoice?

ung akin kasi, finile ung petition, di pako pinanganak, after 22 years, 23 nako. kakadating lang december last year. sana nga umabot pako sa CSPA.. tinanong din kasi namin sa NVC, well,, inemail ko sa tita ko yung letter na ginawa ko.. kasi ako, kasama ako sa invoice.

iniisip ko rin, bat naman kasi isasama sa invoice kung hindi naman na pala pwede sumama.. wala lang.

• 2 weeks later...

i do belong po in the same category as yours..

our case is as follows:

Priority Date: March 9, 1989

Approval date: May 20, 1994

birthday: may 13, 1988

ang alam ko po, (nagtodo research ako, kase takot akong maiwan.. ehehe)still, im not yet sure

approval date minus priority date= X (pending)

current PD minus birthday= Y

Y-X= CSPA

for example magiging current ang priority date namin sa august 2010 (example lang po, pero hopeful parin,, ehehe)

may 1994 - March 1989 = 5 yrs and 2 mos

august 2010 - May 1988 = 22yrs & 3mos (age -- pag dumating yung current ng PD namin)

22 yrs and 3 mos - 5yrs and 2 mos = 17yrs & 1 month <-------- CSPA age..

naguguluhan lang po ako dahil sa visa bulletin, sept 1987 palang ang processing, ibig po bang sabihin, nag aadvance na ipipadala ang notice? thanks po

goodluck po sa atin lahat.. i believe talaga na patience is a virtue.. :)

Edited by kikay123

i do belong po in the same category as yours..

our case is as follows:

Priority Date: March 9, 1989

Approval date: May 20, 1994

birthday: may 13, 1988

ang alam ko po, (nagtodo research ako, kase takot akong maiwan.. ehehe)still, im not yet sure

approval date minus priority date= X (pending)

current PD minus birthday= Y

Y-X= CSPA

for example magiging current ang priority date namin sa august 2010 (example lang po, pero hopeful parin,, ehehe)

may 1994 - March 1989 = 5 yrs and 2 mos

august 2010 - May 1988 = 22yrs & 3mos (age -- pag dumating yung current ng PD namin)

22 yrs and 3 mos - 5yrs and 2 mos = 17yrs & 1 month <-------- CSPA age..

naguguluhan lang po ako dahil sa visa bulletin, sept 1987 palang ang processing, ibig po bang sabihin, nag aadvance na ipipadala ang notice? thanks po

goodluck po sa atin lahat.. i believe talaga na patience is a virtue.. :)

parang gnun n nga.. hehe un sa anak ko 4 y/o ang cspa nya.. right now NVC said that they are now checking the applicability of CSPA on my sons case.. dmting na ung fee bill na $400 saamin ng aswa ko pero sna ma confirm n ung sa anak ko pra masama sa appli ko..

ang alam ko mag freeze ang age na anak nun naifile ang case..

hello po, taga makati ako, sa manila. :). ganon katagal ung approval date??? 2010?? 22 ako ngaun. priority date namin eh jan 22, 88. pinadalhan kayo siguro ng approval notice or something, its either ung sister niyo or kayo mismo..

ah, bali nag sulat po kayo sa nvc? as in kayo mismo ung nag sulat na pwedeng i CSPA ung anak niyo? tanong ko lang po..

kasama po ba ung anak niyo sa invoice?

ung akin kasi, finile ung petition, di pako pinanganak, after 22 years, 23 nako. kakadating lang december last year. sana nga umabot pako sa CSPA.. tinanong din kasi namin sa NVC, well,, inemail ko sa tita ko yung letter na ginawa ko.. kasi ako, kasama ako sa invoice.

iniisip ko rin, bat naman kasi isasama sa invoice kung hindi naman na pala pwede sumama.. wala lang.

i informed them about dun sa anak ko, he is 25 right now, they asked for a birth cert and i already send it.. and last week they said via email that they are now processing the CSPA of my son.. sna maaprove....

good luck

we did not yet receive the ds230 form..we just paid the 70 and 400.. about the cspa, i informed NVC about it and they asked for a birth cert for him and last feb 19 they said that they are now working on his CSPA.. i hope it will be approved..

how about you, whats the status of your case?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.