Peachey

Weight loss support

277 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Nice Missa! Every little bit counts!

I joined weight watchers online about 3.5 weeks ago now and have been working out 4-5 days/week and am seeing pretty impressive results. I'm down about 10 pounds and I'm comfortably fitting into all my clothes or now have some clothes that are a bit loose (yay!).

My short term goal is lose another 10 pounds or so and then once I reach that goal, I'll try for another 10.

I'm on the right track, I just have to not cheat so much on WW and keep forcing myself to hit the gym since I usually go at 6 a.m. Monday, Tuesday and Fridays, it can be difficult to wake up sometimes! I also started Pilates and Zumba on Wednesday nights and the work out is awesome!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Wow, I'm surprised that someone else brought up this weight loss thread again....

So, how are you all doing on your weight loss goals? I hope that you are all able to meet those weight loss goals and at the same time maintain a healthy lifestyle too..

Lol..I think I joined this thread awhile ago too, hoping to lose all that baby weight that I put on last year, while I was pregnant with Baby A....My goal was to lose that weight (about 28 lbs...) by the time he reached 1yr old.....

And the good news is.....I did it! And I did it in 11 months.....:) (lol..not bad, considering that I couldn't lose too much weight drastically, as I was still nursing my baby for about 9 months or so..)

I just weighed myself today, and co-incidently I'm at the exact same weight I was at when I first started out with the pregnancy. So now the pregnancy weight is gone! Oh yeah, and now my old pre-pregnancy jeans fit too! How exciting it is, to 're-discover' my old wardrobe again...lol....

Funny though, that the VJ also helped me in my baby weight loss too...Specifically, with the VJ postcard exchange. Lol..The anticipation of getting a postcard in the mail made me want to ride my bike a 1/2 - 1 mile everyday to get to and from my mailbox for the postcard, which resulted in more exercise, and weight loss.....Whatever works, I suppose... :lol:

What helped too: Drinking lots of water. Having a healthy and balanced diet. Smaller food portions. Exercise. Chasing my baby around all day...

And most important of all: Take one step and one pound/kilogram at a time! Have a reason/motivation for your weight loss and work towards that goal too....

Hope this helps. I wish you all the best in your weight loss journeys too!

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

in February I weighed about 212 pounds, now I weigh around 185 pounds... I was dropping weight far too quickly for my liking though, I was thinking that maybe there was something wrong with me... I haven't lost any weight in the last month or so though

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have just seen a photo that makes me cringe. On facebook, a former student of mine has a photo of her and another classmate each in a leg of MY PANTS (never before scene footage she called it)! Granted they were the littlest girls on the senior class trip and I was their "hotel room chaperone". But it is terrible. No two teenagers should fit in one pair of pants.

Granted my wedding is in 15 days, I had hoped to lose some weight before my wedding, but between stress with the immigration process and work, I have stayed steady at a weight that I would rather not be at. My fiance' is moving down to Michigan on June 30 and his practice has been to go walking for an hour each evening, so I think the increased exercise will help me. I know I will fit in my wedding dress, no problem, since it was made for me. I wish the photos of me from the wedding would look different, but it is my own mistake for not pushing myself to lose weight when I could have.

I would like to weigh 185 (at my 5'9" stature that is still considered "overweight") but back in 2004 when I had lost weight to get to that point I liked the way I felt. Over the last 6 years I gained all the weight back plus some so that currently I am at 235 pounds. So over the next year I want to lose 50 pounds, before I plan to get pregnant and gain back some of the weight, man this is looking like a never ending cycle.

I have lost 10 lbs since March and hope to lose 20 more by the end of the year.

Removal of Conditions: 12/09/2011

ROC check cashed 12/15/11

NOA1 12/13/11

Biometrics 1/6/12 Complete

RFE 9/13/12

RFE package sent back 10/17/12

Card Production Ordered 12/04/12

10 year card arrived in mail 12/10/12

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Woohoo the thread's resurrected!

Missa, I have totally lost track of my "weight loss journey". I was really good up until May -- wasn't exercising bec I got really busy with work, but I was pretty good with the eating and I actually lost weight, even during vacation. Never really weighed myself but my clothes fit well, and I looked thinner in pictures.

But lately I have been so busy with work. I teach lectures and labs every morning and twice a week at night, and between that, writing a lab manual, carpooling, dealing with the social aspects of work (I am working closely with a nutcase, literally), Ive been just eating what I can eat -- ie. chocolate, chips, eating at 9 pm after night class. My diet resembles that of my college nutrition...

I feel so awful. I dont have as much energy and I do feel fat even though I dont think I gained so much weight. And I havent found the time to exercise (I know its my fault).

We did sign up for CSA and have fresh produce delivered every week. I have began cooking with those veggies (actually cooking again, haven't done much cooking since I joined the work force) and Im hoping that by making sure I pack lunch and have breakfast, I dont eat the wrong foods when Im in a pinch.

My goal is to eat healthier and go back on the exercise wagon by the end of the summer. And hopefully lose 5 pounds by then!

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Since the wedding I've gained 4 lbs :(. Problem is I do really well on weekdays, and then on weekends, especially Sundays (cause my MIL makes us dinner) I gain everything back I lost during the week. I've tried to ask my MIL to make healthy meals, but she's never had a weight problem, so she doesn't know how to make something healthy for people trying to lose weight. It would be nice to go over for a meal one day and not have 5 fattening desserts to choose from. And if I opt to not eat dessert she gets insulted, thinking I don't like her food.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.