3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
When filing I-751, what address shall I use? Local office or reginal office? Is it indicated on the instruction? How about the address change form? which INS office to file? Thx...

HI!

You should file the I-751 to the Regional Office . What State are you located at?

You can find out more information about where to file the I-751 according to your location at www.uscis.gov

As concerning to the Ar-11 Change of Adress form ,you need to file it to Kentucky.

Also don't forget to submit the I-864 Sponsors Change od Adress and one more Ar-11 Alien Change of adfress and mail it to the Processing Center .

You can also fine a lots of answers on your questions by reading the topics of this forum,as everything you ask has been already discussed here many times.

Best Wishes (F)

Sincerely

When filing I-751, what address shall I use? Local office or reginal office? Is it indicated on the instruction? How about the address change form? which INS office to file? Thx...

HI!

You should file the I-751 to the Regional Office . What State are you located at?

You can find out more information about where to file the I-751 according to your location at www.uscis.gov

As concerning to the Ar-11 Change of Adress form ,you need to file it to Kentucky.

Also don't forget to submit the I-864 Sponsors Change od Adress and one more Ar-11 Alien Change of adfress and mail it to the Processing Center .

You can also fine a lots of answers on your questions by reading the topics of this forum,as everything you ask has been already discussed here many times.

Best Wishes (F)

Sincerely

I've said this before, but there is no reason to send the change of address form to anywhere other than what's on the form, unless you have a case pending at that service center or local office. You can send it if you want, but there is only one immigration file (called the A-file for obvious reasons), and if you send something to an address it doesn't need to be, one of three things will happen: (1) they will throw it out; (2) they will have to request your A-file out of storage, and personally I'd prefer ours stayed where it is, since that's where it's supposed to be; or (3) they could create a duplicate A-file, and then for the rest of forever you'll have two and they'll have to wait on both in order to process your case. [ETA: A fourth possibility is that they would just forward it to Kentucky, since that's where it's supposed to be sent. Of course, if you sent it to Kentucky also, that means you've just wasted a piece of paper and some postage, but that's about all.]

If, however, you have applied for something that means that your A-file is already at the Service Center or DO, then there's no harm in sending them notification of your change of address. There's also no reason that you would have to use the AR-11 to do so, either. Obviously if they're going to be mailing you anything, you want to make sure it goes to the right address. But if you don't currently have an application pending, there is no advantage to sending the AR-11 anywhere it is not required, and several potential disadvantages.

I don't know why SweetGirl insists on constantly telling people to do things they're not required to do. She also tells people all the time that they're required to send a new police clearance certificate with the I-751, which is also not true, and frankly a bit arrogant: is the FBI so incapable of doing its job of keeping track of US criminal records that immigration beneficiaries can do a better job at it?

Edited by sparkofcreation

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

-----------------------------------------------

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.