Together4ever

Saturday

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I actually slept until almost 8 am. Now I want to go back to bed. Ha ha.

Salwa, I read your post about TNT and that's what I know of them too. I wasn't going to say the "Egyptian" thing but Mohammed says it all the time and I too know what it's like. Business has it's own way of happening. I told him not to waste his money calling and we'll just see what happens. Too much aggravation that he doesn't need right now.

He told me last night he dropped his accoustic guitar and it broke. I am heart broken for him. That's like cutting out his tongue, heart and both his arms. Amr Diab played that guitar. Moh met him once in Cairo and told him he wanted to be a singer too (this was a few years back before I met him). He had that guitar with him (took it everywhere he went) and Amr took it and said "sing for me." He told Moh he had talent, just lacked self confidence in his voice. He's only now starting to conquer that. His childhood best friend also became pretty famous in Egypt... Mohammed Ataya. (I probably spelled that wrong.) Mohammed has old cassette tapes of he and Mohammed singing as teenagers.

Anyway, he'd probably have a fit if he knew I told that story. I'm just lamenting his guitar for him. I hope they issue that visa soon so he can get here and we can hook him up with a new one. I'll be honest. That poor thing was so old, worn, and flimsy I had doubts it would survive air cargo handlers anyway. He plays ood (I know I misspelled that too) too. I told him to buy one before he leaves and bring it with him so he can continue. His old one is now with his sister because he stopped playing it. He prefers guitar. He has an electric (much to the horror of his neighbors) but he prefers his accoustic.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Saturday everyone,

I hope that the harrassing of Shon STOPS. Maybe she went too far, the situation has been dealt with and has been temporarily banned to cool off. HOWEVER, she is being harassed on yahoo now by the user name stink_bych.

there is defiantely a CHILD among us. disgusted. :angry:

Do you happen to know how they ban someone? If they banned Stink_Bych, would the IP address they used be banned too? If so, the person who created Stink_Bych would not be able to sign on with their original ID either as the entire IP address would be locked out.

**edited to say: Referring to the Stink_Bych VJ ID, not Yahoo, which could be easy enough to address by Shon blocking the person herself.

Happy Saturday everyone,

I hope that the harrassing of Shon STOPS. Maybe she went too far, the situation has been dealt with and has been temporarily banned to cool off. HOWEVER, she is being harassed on yahoo now by the user name stink_bych.

there is defiantely a CHILD among us. disgusted. :angry:

Edited by Bosco

Well. I suppose its good that you missed the brawl last night Jean. It got out of hand on the ISL off topic thread. An ID Stink_Bych was created in obvious taunt to Shon and posted about things that get a rise out of her.

At the same time some members defended themselves from what Shon had said. THAT I certainly have no problem with. But creating ID's obviously to provoke, its just stupid and childish... THEN after the ID is disabled here on VJ, the person continues to harass her on yahoo.

what is the freaking point?? ph thats right... i think its pre-teen mentality.

Do you happen to know how they ban someone? If they banned Stink_Bych, would the IP address they used be banned too? If so, the person who created Stink_Bych would not be able to sign on with their original ID either as the entire IP address would be locked out.

**edited to say: Referring to the Stink_Bych VJ ID, not Yahoo, which could be easy enough to address by Shon blocking the person herself.

Im sorry I may have not been clear. Yes, the VJ stink_bych ID was disabled. Someone then created a yahoo ID Stin_bych and started messaging her on yahoo.

Laura,

Is there any concrete reason to believe the person came from the ME/NA forum other than Shon tying it back to the cartoon incident (cartoon of which I have still not seen). It seems to me that Shon has had run-ins with several VJ members and I am trying to understand why the blame is being placed in this forum.

Rebecca

Well. I suppose its good that you missed the brawl last night Jean. It got out of hand on the ISL off topic thread. An ID Stink_Bych was created in obvious taunt to Shon and posted about things that get a rise out of her.

At the same time some members defended themselves from what Shon had said. THAT I certainly have no problem with. But creating ID's obviously to provoke, its just stupid and childish... THEN after the ID is disabled here on VJ, the person continues to harass her on yahoo.

what is the freaking point?? ph thats right... i think its pre-teen mentality.

Me thinks there is more than one using child-like behaviour here lately. My hope is, that the good sisters use control. It's easy, when you are tempted to type something unbecoming, ask yourself, 'Will these words please Allah?'.

Hope you all have a pleasant Saturday.

Jackie

Im sorry I may have not been clear. Yes, the VJ stink_bych ID was disabled. Someone then created a yahoo ID Stin_bych and started messaging her on yahoo.

Would this prevent the person from signing on with their original ID? I mean, if I create some fake ID, harrass people, is my IP address blocked and then I cannot go back to my first ID, or do they only block the person from signing in with the harrassing ID?

Rebecca

Granted I've lost my temper on here at a few individuals. I've said inappropriate things that I have later regretted. But the number of people who behave as this individual on the internet is downright scary to me. It sickens me that people behave like such knuckle draggers.

You would think anyone coming to this board is all too familiar with how draining and emotionally painful this whole visa journey is. No one is exempt from it. So what kind of person does it take who has to come to provoke MORE PAIN... well, that's a psyche I don't want to spend too much time creeping around in.

I know in our corner we've become more like sisters... sometimes we adore each other, sometimes we get b*tchy with each other... but we all have that common respect for the fact we share a pretty deep and well understood commonality.

I know Shonny has to be hurting (if you read this Shon, big hugs) but you know, individuals like this should be utterly disregarded. I wouldn't invest anymore emotion in such riff raff and just love your darlin, be with those who care, and let those who must play nasty games rot in hell alone. (F)

If I spoke out of turn, forgive me.

Edited by just_waiting

Would this prevent the person from signing on with their original ID? I mean, if I create some fake ID, harrass people, is my IP address blocked and then I cannot go back to my first ID, or do they only block the person from signing in with the harrassing ID?

Rebecca

I doubt it... Digitasly had a 2nd ID that was banned permanently and his primary ID was unaffected (once his temp ban was over).

I doubt it... Digitasly had a 2nd ID that was banned permanently and his primary ID was unaffected (once his temp ban was over).

That stinks. It would seem like an easy solution - not only to this particular situation - but these situations in general. Anyone who creates an ID solely to harrass any VJ member, regardless of any past history, should not be allowed back whatsoever.

Rebecca

If everyone who doesn't want to engage just puts the ID on ignore, it would most likely end it anyway... But I know once the dander is up it can be hard to do.

Good grief... I'm about to earn my wee little red heart talking about yet another unpleasant incident. Time to shaddap.

Edited by just_waiting

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Do we even know with relative certaintly who the troll was? I must be really out of the loop, cause I don't see how it was directed at Shon :help:

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Do we even know with relative certaintly who the troll was? I must be really out of the loop, cause I don't see how it was directed at Shon :help:

The signature was telling enough who it was directed to. It has been deleted now, but when the siggy was there, it had 3 tickers and one said something like : *ITS BEEN 11 MONTHS SINCE I HAVE SEEN MY DINGO*

the other tickers were telling as well, but this one sticks out in my mind.

The content of the postings were telling too :lol: Everyone knows how rabid Shon gets about drug use. So what better to post about a Pakistani SO who needs to pass a drug test to get her full attention.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.