Mola

visa for Romania (Bucharest) for inteview.

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

Hello Everyone! I am a Moldavian citizen. I know that I will have medical exam and interview in Romania (Bucharest). Moldavian citizens need visa to travel to Romania. Does anyone know how will I obtain this visa and if it's not difficult to get it? Thank you much in advance.

Hello Everyone! I am a Moldavian citizen. I know that I will have medical exam and interview in Romania (Bucharest). Moldavian citizens need visa to travel to Romania. Does anyone know how will I obtain this visa and if it's not difficult to get it? Thank you much in advance.

I can tell you how to obtain it, but i can't say that it's not difficult.

I f nothing changed since the summer of '08, than you'll need alot of patience and time to wait in crazy long lines and to deal with B***itt.

Eu am fost la ambasada Romaniei in iunie 2008 si nu stiu cite s-au schimbat, dar iata ce a trebuit sa fac.

Intii trebuie sa programezi interviul la ambasada SUA din Bucuresti. Programeaza interviului ca sa ai o zi libere inainte pt a trece controlul medical. Nu dureaza mult si poti avea rezultatul chiar in aceeasi zi, sau a doau zi dimineata, cum te intelegi. Interviul oricum il vei avea dupa ora 13.

Programeaza interviul cam la 2 saptamini dupa ce primesc ei pachetul sa ai timp pt visa pt Romania.

Cind pui data cind intentionezi sa pleci la Bucuresti in cerere ai grija sa fie corecta, de exemplu daca interviul e pe 27, controlul medical pe 26, trebuie sa pleci pe 25.

Cind te programezi la interviu la ambasada SUA in Bucuresti mentioneaza ca esti din RM si ca ai nevoie de confirmare a interviului pentru ambasada Romaniei in Chisinau.

Ei vor expedia un fax la consulatul romaniei in Chisinau cu o lista unde trebuie sa fie si numele tau. Va dura undeva vreo saptamina, asa ca ai grija sa ai destul timp.

Intre timp trebuia sa ocupi rind cu vreo 3 zile inainte de data in care trebuia sa intri in ambasada romana, caci erau mii si mii de oameni care erau acolo. Eu am stat la consulat 3 zile la rind si nu puteam sa plec acasa, pentru-ca se verifica din 2 in 3 ore daca toti sint prezenti, altfel erai taiat de pe lista. Eu sper ca acum situatia este mai buna, dar oricum rezerveaza-ti ceva timp si du-te la consulat din timp. Acolo este si ghiseu de informatii si daca vrei sa afli daca au primit deja confirmarae ta, sau daca ai alte intrebari- ei pot sa te ajute.

Documentele necesare sunt

*copia la pasaport (pagina 5 cu informatii si ultima pagina cu fotografie),

*copia la buletin,

*asigurare medicala (poti sa o faci la Asito pt 3-4 zile, unde sa fie inclusa si data interviului) si

*biletul de calatorie (eu am avut tur-retur, dar poti folosi doar intr-o directie),

*copii la actele cele vei trimite la ambasada

*Cererea care o gasesti la consulat si o fotografie 3x4 pe care o lipesti pe cerere, sau o poti tipari de pe http://chisinau.mae.ro/

Mai cauta informatie pe aceeasi adresa http://chisinau.mae.ro/ ca sa vezi daca s-a mai schimbat ceva.

Succes mult!

.png

UURI.jpg

Timeline
I can tell you how to obtain it, but i can't say that it's not difficult.

I f nothing changed since the summer of '08, than you'll need alot of patience and time to wait in crazy long lines and to deal with B***itt.

Eu am fost la ambasada Romaniei in iunie 2008 si nu stiu cite s-au schimbat, dar iata ce a trebuit sa fac.

Intii trebuie sa programezi interviul la ambasada SUA din Bucuresti. Programeaza interviului ca sa ai o zi libere inainte pt a trece controlul medical. Nu dureaza mult si poti avea rezultatul chiar in aceeasi zi, sau a doau zi dimineata, cum te intelegi. Interviul oricum il vei avea dupa ora 13.

Programeaza interviul cam la 2 saptamini dupa ce primesc ei pachetul sa ai timp pt visa pt Romania.

Cind pui data cind intentionezi sa pleci la Bucuresti in cerere ai grija sa fie corecta, de exemplu daca interviul e pe 27, controlul medical pe 26, trebuie sa pleci pe 25.

Cind te programezi la interviu la ambasada SUA in Bucuresti mentioneaza ca esti din RM si ca ai nevoie de confirmare a interviului pentru ambasada Romaniei in Chisinau.

Ei vor expedia un fax la consulatul romaniei in Chisinau cu o lista unde trebuie sa fie si numele tau. Va dura undeva vreo saptamina, asa ca ai grija sa ai destul timp.

Intre timp trebuia sa ocupi rind cu vreo 3 zile inainte de data in care trebuia sa intri in ambasada romana, caci erau mii si mii de oameni care erau acolo. Eu am stat la consulat 3 zile la rind si nu puteam sa plec acasa, pentru-ca se verifica din 2 in 3 ore daca toti sint prezenti, altfel erai taiat de pe lista. Eu sper ca acum situatia este mai buna, dar oricum rezerveaza-ti ceva timp si du-te la consulat din timp. Acolo este si ghiseu de informatii si daca vrei sa afli daca au primit deja confirmarae ta, sau daca ai alte intrebari- ei pot sa te ajute.

Documentele necesare sunt

*copia la pasaport (pagina 5 cu informatii si ultima pagina cu fotografie),

*copia la buletin,

*asigurare medicala (poti sa o faci la Asito pt 3-4 zile, unde sa fie inclusa si data interviului) si

*biletul de calatorie (eu am avut tur-retur, dar poti folosi doar intr-o directie),

*copii la actele cele vei trimite la ambasada

*Cererea care o gasesti la consulat si o fotografie 3x4 pe care o lipesti pe cerere, sau o poti tipari de pe http://chisinau.mae.ro/

Mai cauta informatie pe aceeasi adresa http://chisinau.mae.ro/ ca sa vezi daca s-a mai schimbat ceva.

Succes mult!

Thank you much for your information Aliona! I have heard that there are a lot of people in front of Bucharest Embassy in Chisinau and I think nothing has changed since 2008... But I hope everything will be ok. Has your US fiance (husband now :) ) been together with you at interview in Bucharest or you have been alone? Thank you much again ;)

Thank you much for your information Aliona! I have heard that there are a lot of people in front of Bucharest Embassy in Chisinau and I think nothing has changed since 2008... But I hope everything will be ok. Has your US fiance (husband now :) ) been together with you at interview in Bucharest or you have been alone? Thank you much again ;)

Remember that you have to go to the consular section on Str. Grigore Ureche Nr.2, not to the embassy.

My fiance came with me to the interview, but if yours will not be there it's fine too, because it's not required.

If there's alot of people, than go there and ask around what you have to do, because the people are creating rules there, not the officialities.

And the fact that i even had to be there at midnight every night just to say that i'm present so i wouldn't loose my "number" was a rule maid up by the people who were waiting to get in.

Ask a bunch of people, don't go off one answer.

Much luck!

.png

UURI.jpg

Timeline

[/quote

Reading your reply some new questions have come out :) (sorry some questions sound silly :( How did you book your interview in US embassy (Romania) by phone/email/or? How much time I need (appoximately) before my interview in Bucharest after sending back Packet 3 to US embassy in Romania?

Does Romanian embassy in Chisinau issue visa for traveling to Romania the same day or 1 week later?

Thank you much, Aliona :thumbs: .

So, when you get the package from the US embassy in Chisinau, you'll have to put together some papers. They'll send you the list. Meanwhile, you can get the judicial record and the vaccine record to save yourself some time.

After you put all that together and send it back you need to call them to schedule the appointment. They will not schedule an interview for you before they get your package, so when you call- ask them first if they got it.

Before calling- have a date picked. Schedule it not earlier than 2-3 weeks, because you'll need time to get the romanian viza. Also, ask them when are they going to send your confirmation to Chisinau, so you would atleast aproximately know when to go.

I got in line at the romanian consulate on monday morning, got in on thursday and picked up my visa next monday. So, make sure you have enough time.

Feel free to ask anything! We've all been there :)

.png

UURI.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Moldova
Timeline
So, when you get the package from the US embassy in Chisinau, you'll have to put together some papers. They'll send you the list. Meanwhile, you can get the judicial record and the vaccine record to save yourself some time.

After you put all that together and send it back you need to call them to schedule the appointment. They will not schedule an interview for you before they get your package, so when you call- ask them first if they got it.

Before calling- have a date picked. Schedule it not earlier than 2-3 weeks, because you'll need time to get the romanian viza. Also, ask them when are they going to send your confirmation to Chisinau, so you would atleast aproximately know when to go.

I got in line at the romanian consulate on monday morning, got in on thursday and picked up my visa next monday. So, make sure you have enough time.

Feel free to ask anything! We've all been there :)

Aliona, just read your post, thank you for the information, just as Jbly I was also wondering how to get these stuff done in order to obtain a Romanian visa for the interview… I also have a couple of questions for you..

1) “asigurare medicala (poti sa o faci la Asito pt 3-4 zile, unde sa fie inclusa si data interviului) “ – Can I obtain this on the same day when I go to Asito?

2) “copii la actele cele vei trimite la ambasada” – what kind of papers do you mean? I didn’t quite understand which ones you meant.. I mean I’ll have a whole set of papers that I am going to bring with me to the Bucharest U.S. Embassy…Could you specify?

Thank you very much! Your comments in this topic were soooooo helpful..

Aliona, just read your post, thank you for the information, just as Jbly I was also wondering how to get these stuff done in order to obtain a Romanian visa for the interview… I also have a couple of questions for you..

1) "asigurare medicala (poti sa o faci la Asito pt 3-4 zile, unde sa fie inclusa si data interviului) " – Can I obtain this on the same day when I go to Asito?

2) "copii la actele cele vei trimite la ambasada" – what kind of papers do you mean? I didn't quite understand which ones you meant.. I mean I'll have a whole set of papers that I am going to bring with me to the Bucharest U.S. Embassy…Could you specify?

Thank you very much! Your comments in this topic were soooooo helpful..

1) Yes, they'll give you the insurance "book" in about 15 mins, i think it'll cost about 35 lei, but i could be wrong.

2) The most important ones, like copies of first and second notices of action, copies of the affidativ of support, the letter where your fiance states that he'll marry you within 90 days upon your arrival. For more credibility take with you pictures of you and your fiance. Just gear up to be prepared for anything. Better safe than sorry.

I'm glad i can help!

Good luck!

.png

UURI.jpg

Timeline
1) Yes, they'll give you the insurance "book" in about 15 mins, i think it'll cost about 35 lei, but i could be wrong.

2) The most important ones, like copies of first and second notices of action, copies of the affidativ of support, the letter where your fiance states that he'll marry you within 90 days upon your arrival. For more credibility take with you pictures of you and your fiance. Just gear up to be prepared for anything. Better safe than sorry.

I'm glad i can help!

Good luck!

Oh God, they need copies of all these papers? That's a lot of papers to copy.. I didn't think they would need it, thanks for telling! Hey by the way, do they need a statement from your bank stating that you have money to go to Romania? You didn't mention it in the list of documents..

Oh God, they need copies of all these papers? That's a lot of papers to copy.. I didn't think they would need it, thanks for telling! Hey by the way, do they need a statement from your bank stating that you have money to go to Romania? You didn't mention it in the list of documents..

No, you just write in the application that you have that money. Moldova is not that advanced and they realize that a bank account is not a common thing there.

.png

UURI.jpg

Timeline
No, you just write in the application that you have that money. Moldova is not that advanced and they realize that a bank account is not a common thing there.

Oh, okay... Aliona, thank you once again! You are awesome! :)

I would like to add couple of words about my own experience related to Bucharest Consulate in Chisinau in 2009... I had to open a visa to Romania twice due to US embassy appointments and both times I did not have to sit there in long lines or wait during the night... It is much easier now and more organized, I would suggest you go early in the morning at 7 am and you will get inside pretty quick... just make sure you have all the paperwork ready. Also I know that right now they require for a personal bank statement about the money in your account so you can support yourself in Romania for the days you will be there. Also make sure you have your ticket copy (either you go by bus or train or airplane), otherwise you will get turned back. ... I think everything else was mentioned earlier. Better though.... check this site for details

http://chisinau.mae.ro/index.php?lang=ro&id=84422

good luck

ROC

01/13/2012 - package delivered at CSC

01/17/2012 - check cashed

--/--/---- - NOA1

01/25/2012 - Bio Letter received (dated 01/20)

02/03/2012 - Biometrics Appointment done

Also I would like to mention that before you go to the consulate to open the visa to Romania call them and ask them if they received the fax from US embassy from Bucharest with your name on it... which is the main evidence for them that you actually have set an appointment at a certain date...I wasn't on the list first time I went there.... so I had to come back couple of days later....

No need for copies of the affidativ of support, the letter where your fiance states that he'll marry you within 90 days upon your arrival or pictures with you two..... these are required for the US embassy in Bucharest... not for Romanian consulate...

ROC

01/13/2012 - package delivered at CSC

01/17/2012 - check cashed

--/--/---- - NOA1

01/25/2012 - Bio Letter received (dated 01/20)

02/03/2012 - Biometrics Appointment done

Timeline
I would like to add couple of words about my own experience related to Bucharest Consulate in Chisinau in 2009... I had to open a visa to Romania twice due to US embassy appointments and both times I did not have to sit there in long lines or wait during the night... It is much easier now and more organized, I would suggest you go early in the morning at 7 am and you will get inside pretty quick... just make sure you have all the paperwork ready. Also I know that right now they require for a personal bank statement about the money in your account so you can support yourself in Romania for the days you will be there. Also make sure you have your ticket copy (either you go by bus or train or airplane), otherwise you will get turned back. ... I think everything else was mentioned earlier. Better though.... check this site for details

http://chisinau.mae.ro/index.php?lang=ro&id=84422

good luck

I'm sorry, what do you mean by "a PERSONAL bank statement about the money in your account"? Just the official paper from your bank where you have your account with money on it? Thanks.

Timeline

@ Aliona and andana dj, girls what about hotel reservation? Do I need to have a paper that I have a reservation in hotel in Bucharest or they don’t care about it in Romanian Embassy in Chisinau?

Also, when booking an interview with the U.S. Embassy in Bucharest I should keep in mind that I need to have a medical exam on the day before the interview… So, I guess we should choose either Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays or Fridays when picking the day of interview, right? cause Medical Centers are probably closed on Sundays and the medical exam is the day before the interview… Do you call there too book your medical exam appointment with them, right? Do they book it on any day I wish? I mean so that it doesn’t happen that I have already booked my interview with Bucharest U.S. Embassy and then I’ll be calling medical center to book appointment with them and they may say “sorry, on this day we don’t accept visitors, or medical exams are on specific days of week or something..” that’s why I’m asking… Thanks, my friends!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.