ms_jinga_lala

What do I do now?

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

My fiancee just finished his interview a little while ago. He went in and was interviewed by a male. The male never asked him for any evidence. He questioned him about why he would ever marry a woman who was divorced with three kids and wanted to know how his parents felt about it. Then he was belligerent because we met over yahoo, specifically wanting to know what we were doing on yahoo before we met. He continually insulted my fiancee then told him his visa was denied. My fiancee had to ask the consulate to stop speaking badly to him. Then he handed him a white slip that says the information provided was not conclusive.

He's on a train now so it's hard to discuss all of this with him and I don't have all the details. What should I do now? What happens next? What can I do?

My fiancee read me the piece of paper and it says something about stopping the petition and it is being sent back to the NVC. Anyone have any idea what all this means.

January 2009 - K-1 Denied by the consulate

January 2011 - Moved to India - Yikes!

October 2011 - DCF filing rejected by overzealous employee at the embassy

December 2011 - Tourist visa denied (not surprising)

March 2012 - CR1/IR1 process started

May 1, 2012 - RFE and some of our information was entered into the computer wrong by the CSC

Read about all the shenanigans of my relationship at American Punjaban PI

Timeline

He also said they stamped something in his passport and gave it back. What would they have stamped in there?

May 1, 2012 - RFE and some of our information was entered into the computer wrong by the CSC

Timeline

Sorry for the multi-post but the edit is not working.

When he asked the CO why he was denied, the officer said here is your piece of paper and it will tell you why. The paper doesn't say why.

The white slip said - At the time of the interview the consular officer asked for further information to support the petitioner/petitionee relationship. The information provided was not conclusive and the officer did not revalidate the petition.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

:wow: sorry about the situation. delhi is a tough consulate, but i have never heard of anyone getting denied on the spot there. when your fiance reaches home have him scan in the document and the page in his passport that got stamped and email it to you. until we know word for word, it is hard to advise what can be done. again, i am sorry :(

just read your post #3, when is the expiry date of your i129f? it sounds like they are choosing not to extend.

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Timeline

It expired on Jan 22. I wrote them about it, I begged them to extend it. He said the CO told him specifically he was denied but gave him the white piece of paper which usually means AR. I am going to have him scan it all and send it to me. I'm not giving up just because some CO questioned my being married before. I was separated from my ex for 2 years before I met my fiancee. They didn't even know that at the interview. He said they asked and when he answered and told him I left my ex in 2006 (we met in 2008) the CO started talking over him as if he didn't care. He said the CO tried to argue with him like that every time he tried to answer. He basically didn't even get to say hardly anything because they didn't even want to listen. They never even asked to see any papers or photos or anything.

Timeline

one thing to know about delhi, they do not give color pieces of paper in general. all seem to be white. if they said they are sending it back to uscis, yes, it is a denial, and not AR/AP. they will specifically tell you if your case is going through mandatory administrative processing, or that they need additional documents. it sounds like they did not believe in your relationship and chose not to extend the expiry. they worked dirty in having your interview scheduled after the expiration so they could use that lame excuse.

you are right, DO NOT GIVE UP. we didn't, and there was no way we were going to. since it looks like you filed in VSC, if it does make it back, i would advise you to wait to see if they revalidate. that will take some months. if it had been CSC, i would have said as soon as it makes it back to the USCIS, to get married, and prepare a stronger case (which is what we did). i am curious to know what they stamped in his passport :blink: that part has me bewildered. again, until he scans the paper in, we will have to wait to give you further advice. the pinned topic on MENA on returned petitions helped us out tremendously.

He is home!!!

Timeline

Can I do anything in the mean time? I'm already planning another trip for this summer with the money I had saved for the wedding. The waiting won't kill me (not literally anyway) but I feel like this is complete #######. How can you say someone doesn't have a bona fide relationship yet not give them the chance to submit proof. There were a lot of things that we couldn't have given them before the interview such as photo albums and such. We already submitted over 50 pieces of postal mail, 75 pages of phone logs and then after those ended 4 monthly statements detailing number of calls and minutes used between me and him and me and his family. The main question that they seemed to keep berating him about was how his parents felt about him marrying me since I was divorced with 3 kids. My fiancee said he kept coming back to that and saying how he didn't believe his parents would ever approve. His parents were there, he could have asked them (I know...not really but the angry part of me says he should have and we could have avoided this.) His whole family loves me. I speak to them on the phone in their native language regularly and submitted proof of that at the USCIS and to the VFS. Furthermore, we haven't even been on yahoo for almost 2 years, our entire relationship was moved offline. And how would what we were doing on yahoo before we met even matter for our relationship.

Timeline

I just got back through to my fiancee and he said the CO yelled (literally) more than 10 times "What did your parents say when you told them you were going to marry a divorced woman with 3 kids?" When my fiancee tried to answer him after he stopped yelling he started yelling "Why?"

I know that is unethical and not conduct becoming a CO. Can we file a complaint?

Timeline

in the meantime, contact your senators, email the embassy, etc. when we did, the senators in my state did jack squat, but i hear there are some good senators out there. i hope yours are. email the embassy to see what is going on. you may get a generic answer. also try calling the embassy yourself. it is sometimes difficult to get through, but if you are persistant, you can talk to someone. i found it easiest to get a person on wednesdays. but i recommend calling every day. you can go to their website to get the phone numbers, and i think they have a specific time they answer calls. mondays were the hardest days to get through. it will keep ringing busy. i remember having two phones going at the same time, plus my then fiance's dialing in to get through. so yes, it will take persistance.

He is home!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Awww I am soo sorry :( and also extremely nervous now... I am also divorced with 3 kids.. My husband when the time comes will also have his interview at the Delhi embassy.... I have often wondered if it would help our case if I actually went to the interview.

You are in my thoughts and prayers

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

03/18/2010: Case Complete!

03/25/2010: Called NVC .. INTERVIEW May 27 @ 7:45!! Woot Woot

05/27/2010: Approved at the interview, but put on AP afterwards :(

06/27/2010: Really missing my Hubby :*(

07/29/2010: Visa Issued!! AP is OVER!!

07/31/2010: Visa in hand!!! Thank you GOD!

09/01/2010: POE JFK

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

08/09/2012: File I-751 Packet

08/17/2012: NOA I-751 Receipt Notice recieved!

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

Timeline
in the meantime, contact your senators, email the embassy, etc. when we did, the senators in my state did jack squat, but i hear there are some good senators out there. i hope yours are. email the embassy to see what is going on. you may get a generic answer. also try calling the embassy yourself. it is sometimes difficult to get through, but if you are persistant, you can talk to someone. i found it easiest to get a person on wednesdays. but i recommend calling every day. you can go to their website to get the phone numbers, and i think they have a specific time they answer calls. mondays were the hardest days to get through. it will keep ringing busy. i remember having two phones going at the same time, plus my then fiance's dialing in to get through. so yes, it will take persistance.

Thank you. I will. I'm waiting for the DOS to open as well. The embassy is closed for the day today. I will be calling as many people as I can. Should I start working on EOIR-29? He's going to scan his letter and his passport for me and send it to me in the morning, he won't get home in time to do it tonight. (Delhi was a full day's trip for him.)

He also told me the paper he received is just a letter. There is no number such as 221g or 214b. He said it has his name, our case number and then the line I mentioned above about being sent back followed by the not conclusive line typed above. He said there is nothing below that. No form number, no indication of a date. It is on letterhead (US immigration visa section).

Timeline

i do not think an appeal (EOIR-29) will be accepted right now. your immediate goal (by contacting the senators and embassy) is to see if they can keep the case in NWD. then see if you can get another interview. tell them you will be there for that interview. give them your contact information. do everything, and anything you can to get your case to remain open there. if it makes it back to the usa, then it could tack on at minimum 6 months. ours was returned on december 29. we got the notice from uscis on feb 4 and a notice of action from uscis in july. so you do not want it going back. k1s do not hold as much weight as a cr1 or k3, so chances of appealing are slim to none.

He is home!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
I have often wondered if it would help our case if I actually went to the interview.

You are in my thoughts and prayers

Melody, I say if you have the means to go the interview than hands down you need to be there. I was there for Tarun's interview and can say without a doubt it helped us 100%! They interviewed me as well and I think that is the best bonafides of a relationship you can possibly give them. Delhi is such a hard Consulate that if you can swing it do it!

Timeline

i agree, if u can go to the interview, go. i have never heard anyone later regret that they accompanied the beneficiary at the interview.

He is home!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.