dannyannemj

Confused for the CRBA for my daughter

5 posts in this topic

My husband is getting the papers done for the CRBA of our youngest daughter so we can submit those requirement ahead of time, at least before he would arrive here for vacation and perhaps to set the appointment on the day he arrived. My daughter was out of wedlock when she was born though she already used her father's family name in the birth certificate. She was already one year old when I and her father got married.

Now here are the questions as we were so confused of the affidavit of Parentage, Physical Presence and Support document, on page 3 it is about the Part II of the documents. It says all applicants with a child/children born out of wedlock. Below of that document said Part II of this document must be signed before a consular or other authorized individual at the time the oath is sworn.

Now my questions

does the statement above is referring to a consular officer here in the Philippines or in the states?

Does it mean that he have to do the sworn during the interview and fill and signed the form there?

If that is so, could we submit the requirements before his arrival on summer and set an appointment through phone call?

But if we have no choice maybe we have to do it, dropped the papers when he is here, how many months should we wait for the interview regarding the CRBA? or could we drop the papers and get the interview in two days?

Thanks!

My husband is getting the papers done for the CRBA of our youngest daughter so we can submit those requirement ahead of time, at least before he would arrive here for vacation and perhaps to set the appointment on the day he arrived. My daughter was out of wedlock when she was born though she already used her father's family name in the birth certificate. She was already one year old when I and her father got married.

Now here are the questions as we were so confused of the affidavit of Parentage, Physical Presence and Support document, on page 3 it is about the Part II of the documents. It says all applicants with a child/children born out of wedlock. Below of that document said Part II of this document must be signed before a consular or other authorized individual at the time the oath is sworn.

Now my questions

does the statement above is referring to a consular officer here in the Philippines or in the states?

Does it mean that he have to do the sworn during the interview and fill and signed the form there?

If that is so, could we submit the requirements before his arrival on summer and set an appointment through phone call?

But if we have no choice maybe we have to do it, dropped the papers when he is here, how many months should we wait for the interview regarding the CRBA? or could we drop the papers and get the interview in two days?

Thanks!

Heres another question

if the consular officer should be from here, could we submit the documents without its signature yet and have it signed and fill it when he is here? wahh my questions are a bit confusing too, lol hope you all could still understand, haist!

We were confused about that notarization-thing too, I thought I had to do it at any legal office here in the Philippines. Although I did and paid a hundred pesos for it, I ended up filling up a new form (DS2029) inside the embassy at the time of our daughter's interview, the screener crossed out the part of the notarized DS2029 I originally submitted and was told that it is not accepted, so the CO signed it afterwards during the final interview.

The DS3053 (consent form) from my husband that was notarized from the US was no problem. So probably, a notarized paper coming from your husband from the United States would not be that big of a deal.

Let's hear it from the others. :)

• CR1 Timeline
  • 11.07.08 - I-130 & Documents Mailed to USCIS via USPS
  • 11.09.08 - Docs signed for by whoever R. Mercado is of USCIS... (via tracking result)
  • 11.18.08 - Application transferred to California Service Center
  • 11.20.08 - NOA1 Received
  • 06.25.09 - Approval Notice sent on e-mail from USCIS.. Yaaaa~Ha!!! Thanks "Bro"!
  • 06.29.09 - NOA2 Approval Notice hard copy recv'd
  • 07.14.09 - AOS Notice letter from NVC recv'd
  • 07.24.09 - Recv'd DS-3032 (choice of agent) with MNL Case No.
  • 07.28.09 - AOS certified check payment recv'd at NVC
  • 08.01.09 - DS-3032 Mailed to NVC via UPS
  • 08.06.09 - DS-3032 acknowledgment
  • 08.08.09 - [iV] Bill for Immigrant Visa e-mail recv'd
  • 08.13.09 - [iV] Bill Paid
  • 08.14.09 - DS-230 Instruction Packet e-mail recv'd
  • 08.20.09 - I-864 acknowledgment
  • 08.27.09 - DS-230 acknowledgment
  • 09.09.09 - NVC Case complete
  • 09.12.09 - Appointment Letter recv'd
  • 09.28.09 - Medical
  • 09.29.09 - Medical Passed
  • 10.02.09 - Visa on hold. CRBA Required.
  • 12.21.09 - Submitted addt'l docs. [white slip: Passport and CRBA]
  • 12.28.09 - Visa approved. Thank you Lord!
  • 01.07.10 - VISA ON HAND on my lucky 7th day of the month! :D
  • 01.12.10 - CFO Seminar at St. Mary's
  • 02.17.10 - POE: Detroit. [destination: Chicago ORD]
  • 03.02.10 - SSN recv'd
  • 03.08.10 - 2 yr. Green Card recv'd
  • 03.09.10 - I-797C Welcome notice recv'd

Heres another question

if the consular officer should be from here, could we submit the documents without its signature yet and have it signed and fill it when he is here? wahh my questions are a bit confusing too, lol hope you all could still understand, haist!

Another thing....

Scenario is, if you would drop off the CRBA packet at the USEM (or let Air21 pick it up, whichever you prefer) you'll receive a call from them telling you of your appointment date. Call could be as early as two days upon submission of the packet or like in my case, it took them 5 days ... BUT, be reminded that interviews won't be sooner than you expect, mine was scheduled 15 working days apart.... but still, if you'll have the interview in time when your husband will be here (w/c is much better), bringing an unsigned affidavit is okay too, let the CO do the rest.

• CR1 Timeline
  • 11.07.08 - I-130 & Documents Mailed to USCIS via USPS
  • 11.09.08 - Docs signed for by whoever R. Mercado is of USCIS... (via tracking result)
  • 11.18.08 - Application transferred to California Service Center
  • 11.20.08 - NOA1 Received
  • 06.25.09 - Approval Notice sent on e-mail from USCIS.. Yaaaa~Ha!!! Thanks "Bro"!
  • 06.29.09 - NOA2 Approval Notice hard copy recv'd
  • 07.14.09 - AOS Notice letter from NVC recv'd
  • 07.24.09 - Recv'd DS-3032 (choice of agent) with MNL Case No.
  • 07.28.09 - AOS certified check payment recv'd at NVC
  • 08.01.09 - DS-3032 Mailed to NVC via UPS
  • 08.06.09 - DS-3032 acknowledgment
  • 08.08.09 - [iV] Bill for Immigrant Visa e-mail recv'd
  • 08.13.09 - [iV] Bill Paid
  • 08.14.09 - DS-230 Instruction Packet e-mail recv'd
  • 08.20.09 - I-864 acknowledgment
  • 08.27.09 - DS-230 acknowledgment
  • 09.09.09 - NVC Case complete
  • 09.12.09 - Appointment Letter recv'd
  • 09.28.09 - Medical
  • 09.29.09 - Medical Passed
  • 10.02.09 - Visa on hold. CRBA Required.
  • 12.21.09 - Submitted addt'l docs. [white slip: Passport and CRBA]
  • 12.28.09 - Visa approved. Thank you Lord!
  • 01.07.10 - VISA ON HAND on my lucky 7th day of the month! :D
  • 01.12.10 - CFO Seminar at St. Mary's
  • 02.17.10 - POE: Detroit. [destination: Chicago ORD]
  • 03.02.10 - SSN recv'd
  • 03.08.10 - 2 yr. Green Card recv'd
  • 03.09.10 - I-797C Welcome notice recv'd

Another thing....

Scenario is, if you would drop off the CRBA packet at the USEM (or let Air21 pick it up, whichever you prefer) you'll receive a call from them telling you of your appointment date. Call could be as early as two days upon submission of the packet or like in my case, it took them 5 days ... BUT, be reminded that interviews won't be sooner than you expect, mine was scheduled 15 working days apart.... but still, if you'll have the interview in time when your husband will be here (w/c is much better), bringing an unsigned affidavit is okay too, let the CO do the rest.

thanks po, i think we are getting it right now, I hope lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.