11 posts in this topic

Hi guyes can somebody give me an advise. After We send our I751 application, we had stokes interview by phone, today 6 months later, we received interview appointmant. Bud the thing is we are in divorce process. Can I terminate the interview?What will happen if I will not go? Even I am in divorce process, I am worry about my ex-husband, to be forcuss for some investigation or somenthing. plase help me what to do............................ I am despire

If you do not go to your interview, you will be denied removal of conditions.

You can either try to reschedule the appointment (explaining the upcoming divorce), or try to file separately. (or even divorced).

In this case, especially with the stokes interview, I would advise a good lawyer.

If they had doubts with the initial interview (and did a stokes), then being in the process of divorce may cause issues with your case.

I must say - this is the first I have heard about them doing a stokes over the phone...

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Thank you so much for our answer. I decided not to file any more, I am tired of the USA goverment. If I leave the country, they will close the case and denied my proces. I am still keep worying for my ex-husband. To be investigated.

Thank you so much for our answer. I decided not to file any more, I am tired of the USA goverment. If I leave the country, they will close the case and denied my proces. I am still keep worying for my ex-husband. To be investigated.

You should contact USCIS and withdraw your application, in order to avoid any "loose ends" that may come back to haunt you if you wish to come to the US at a later date.

What do you mean your worried about your ex-husband? are you a victim of abuse?

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Timeline
If you do not go to your interview, you will be denied removal of conditions.

You can either try to reschedule the appointment (explaining the upcoming divorce), or try to file separately. (or even divorced).

In this case, especially with the stokes interview, I would advise a good lawyer.

If they had doubts with the initial interview (and did a stokes), then being in the process of divorce may cause issues with your case.

I must say - this is the first I have heard about them doing a stokes over the phone...

they are not make interview just in the phone,be ther in your interview becase if your not ther that day bobby is right they ar going to denied directly your visa,thers other ay you can re schedule your interview.

my husband will no coaporate with me. I made the decision. I will leave the country. afeter they denied the case. what will be next. If I will call for reschedule and have more time like that, do I have to tell them the reason?

my husband will no coaporate with me. I made the decision. I will leave the country. afeter they denied the case. what will be next. If I will call for reschedule and have more time like that, do I have to tell them the reason?

Ok - I understand where your coming from.

You can simply call them and let them know you wish to withdraw your application, your reason would be that you no longer wish to pursue the green card.

They will tell you what you need to do to make it official. (send in notarized statement most likely).

Then you can make plans on leaving the US.

If you simply leave, you are "abandoning your green card", and your application will be denied/expired. No real harm other than you may have to explain this if you attempt to get another visa to the US.

That is why I suggested you close out your application instead of just walking away.

Thank you so much for your add. It make me feel better. so If I windraw my case the interview is automaticly terminated. How long it take to windraw the case. do I have to give them the reason? Is there a time limit, when I have to leave the country? Can you tell me little bit more about this windraw obtion? Thank you so much. I am so so appreciate for your help.

Thank you so much for your add. It make me feel better. so If I windraw my case the interview is automaticly terminated. How long it take to windraw the case. do I have to give them the reason? Is there a time limit, when I have to leave the country? Can you tell me little bit more about this windraw obtion? Thank you so much. I am so so appreciate for your help.

Call the number of the USCIS office and make an INFOPASS (or use the number on the interview letter).

Simply state you wish to withdraw the application.

You should leave the country before your legal status expires - and that depends on a lot of things.

USCIS will give you more information and timeframes that apply to your case.

Thank you so much. can I have one more question. i am really despire about everything and getting crazy. I should have the interview first week in Febuary. If I windraw my case next week. 1) The interview is automaticly terminated? 2)When should I have to leave the country? 3)How should I windraw my case. Do they have any specific form? Thank you so much for your add. it made me feel better to hear some advice. Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.