TKP

Packet 3 / Packet 4

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I received my appointment CVR letter today confirming my interview. I am just confused as to what I need to do now, as I have read about a packet 3 and 4. Is the packet 3 only for DCF's? What was the packet I just got?Also after reading the Dublin experiences there seems to be trouble with the Visa fee as the amount has changed. There is no mention of this amount on my letter....Do I not have to pay as I was CR-1 through NVC, rather than DCF?

I have several questions about the medical too, as my medical records are all from the UK, not Ireland, so I need to get these to give to the GP. Will I need to go to a GP in Ireland first, or just bring these records to the Medical? Thank you in advance! Not long to go now!

Sent I-130 - 04/01/09

Approved - 07/03/09

Sent DS-230 - 28/10/09

Checklist request - 19/11/09

NVC reviewing checklist - 14/12/09

Case complete - 22/12/09

Interview scheduled - 28/12/09

Medical - 14/01/2010

Interview - 16/02/2010 - Approved

POE - June 2010

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
I received my appointment CVR letter today confirming my interview. I am just confused as to what I need to do now, as I have read about a packet 3 and 4. Is the packet 3 only for DCF's? What was the packet I just got?Also after reading the Dublin experiences there seems to be trouble with the Visa fee as the amount has changed. There is no mention of this amount on my letter....Do I not have to pay as I was CR-1 through NVC, rather than DCF?

I have several questions about the medical too, as my medical records are all from the UK, not Ireland, so I need to get these to give to the GP. Will I need to go to a GP in Ireland first, or just bring these records to the Medical? Thank you in advance! Not long to go now!

I'm not sure about the first half, but for the doctor part, you definitely should have your records before you go to the Irish GP if at all possible. However, if you can't get them they'll just do a blood test to determine what you need and give you the shots. That takes 2-3 days or more, depending on the lab, and multiple visits.

K-1

9-5-08 Sent I-129F via FedEx

9-13-08 NOA1

12-24-08 NOA2

6-11-09 Civil Ceremony

AOS

7-7-09 Mailed AOS

7-27-09 TRANSFERRED TO CSC

8-29-09 EAD card production ordered/AP Notice Approved

11-9-09 Green Card production ordered

11-19-09 Green Card arrived!

Nov. 2010 Vacation Ireland!

11-9-11 Removal of Conditions

Timeline
I'm not sure about the first half, but for the doctor part, you definitely should have your records before you go to the Irish GP if at all possible. However, if you can't get them they'll just do a blood test to determine what you need and give you the shots. That takes 2-3 days or more, depending on the lab, and multiple visits.

Thanks for the response...Yeah turns out I have to write a letter to my GP in the north and request my medical records. Will I have to go to a GP in the south before going to the medical, or will bringing these to the medical suffice? I don't want multiple visits....If I do have to, will it cost more?

Thanks!

Sent I-130 - 04/01/09

Approved - 07/03/09

Sent DS-230 - 28/10/09

Case complete - 22/12/09

Medical - 14/01/2010

POE - June 2010

Timeline
Thanks for the response...Yeah turns out I have to write a letter to my GP in the north and request my medical records. Will I have to go to a GP in the south before going to the medical, or will bringing these to the medical suffice? I don't want multiple visits....If I do have to, will it cost more?

Thanks!

You don't need to go to an Irish GP, other than the one doing the medical for you. Bringing your own records will be enough. It will only be multiple visits if you don't have your records and need to get bloodwork done, as far as I know. You can call to confirm tho. My husband needed the bloodwork so I'm not sure if it would take less time otherwise because you still have to do a chest x-ray (useless, by the way). Multiple visits don't cost more, no. You only pay more if you need extra shots.

K-1

9-13-08 NOA1

12-24-08 NOA2

6-11-09 Civil Ceremony

AOS

7-7-09 Mailed AOS

Timeline
You don't need to go to an Irish GP, other than the one doing the medical for you. Bringing your own records will be enough. It will only be multiple visits if you don't have your records and need to get bloodwork done, as far as I know. You can call to confirm tho. My husband needed the bloodwork so I'm not sure if it would take less time otherwise because you still have to do a chest x-ray (useless, by the way). Multiple visits don't cost more, no. You only pay more if you need extra shots.

Thank you! I have to write a letter to my GP in the North and get him to send my records. Just a quick question. I got, as I said in my first post, my appointment letter through. It didn't ask me for a fee, or to send any documents through. Just to turn up on the day. It also outlined the list of documents needed for the interview, and using the code, I can see that they have either an F or O beside each. Which means they have all of them. It all sounds too easy...does this mean I just need to bring proof of our relationship(which seems pointless considering we've been married for over ayear and living and working in Ireland (we filed with the USCIS before the 6 months , we should have waited and done a DCF)

Sent I-130 - 04/01/09

Approved - 07/03/09

Sent DS-230 - 28/10/09

Case complete - 22/12/09

Medical - 14/01/2010

POE - June 2010

Timeline

Sorry, someone else will have to answer that part, we did K-1, not CR-1. ^_^

K-1

9-13-08 NOA1

12-24-08 NOA2

6-11-09 Civil Ceremony

AOS

7-7-09 Mailed AOS

Timeline
Sorry, someone else will have to answer that part, we did K-1, not CR-1. ^_^

Anyone from the CR-1 side, or who knows what to do next? Should I have read about a fee?

Thank you!

Sent I-130 - 04/01/09

Approved - 07/03/09

Sent DS-230 - 28/10/09

Case complete - 22/12/09

Medical - 14/01/2010

POE - June 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.