MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 21)

5,010 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
We just got Super Mario Bros Wii I am soooooo happy I am such a Mario Fanatic.

Hey Nat I know you are a Wii-er do you play Mario?

Steven just traded Family Feud with a neighbor for Mario Kart. I haven't played Super Mario Bros for the Wii yet. Is it fun?

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
GUYS i am freaking out my file was just "touched" i checked it earlier today and nothing and i just went back to check again as i normally do and my I-130 was Touched 12/22/2009 OMG i am freakin out :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Awwwww MsSheka

From what I hear from everyone on here a touch is good. Be encouragedit'll soon come

I just got the paper in the email stating that my step-daughters CR2 from the DS230 got an RFE. :angry:

I didnt know I was suppose to send in 2 passport photos. :wacko: So I will be on my lunch break at Walgreens or CVS tomorrow making copies of the passport photo I got of her in my wallet, and sending it in to them. Wow looks like no case complete til January some time. :crying:

Steven just traded Family Feud with a neighbor for Mario Kart. I haven't played Super Mario Bros for the Wii yet. Is it fun?

@ Philly and Nat Mario is great I played it with my friend at her house this weekend. but Im at home playing Mike Tyson Punch outKing Hippo, Glass Joe/Don Flamenco, Von Kaiser/Great Tiger, Piston Honda/Mike Tyson or Mr. Dream, King Hippo/(Unique), Bald Bull/Mr. Sandman, Soda Popinski/Super Macho Man. All classic characters and enemies of Little Mac from the 1984 class Mike Tyson's Punchout!

but noMike :angry: #######

Its nothing like the original tho

Good night Yardies 12:44 PST am .

Edited by Jamerican Queen

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Passengers survive horror crash landing in Jamaica

By Anthony Foster (AFP) – 4 hours ago

KINGSTON — An American Airlines jet overshot the runway at a Jamaican airport and ended up in a mangled mess on a beach, but all 154 passengers and crew survived with 40 mainly minor injuries, officials said.

Flight AA 331 from Miami arrived in heavy rain at Kingston airport late Tuesday.

"The aircraft totally overshot the runway and ended up over the road in the sand," said Paul Hall, senior vice president of operations at Norman Manley International Airport.

One of the jet's engines broke off, it's landing gear fell apart and the aircraft body was cracked in the accident, officials said.

Passengers had initially applauded what appeared to be a safe landing at the popular winter sun destination, according to media reports.

But the Boeing 737 jet ploughed through the perimeter fence, skidded across a road and ended up on the beachfront. The airport was immediately closed and all other flights diverted.

Information Minister Daryl Vaz told the Jamaica Observer newspaper that most of the 40 injured passengers were taken to Kingston Public Hospital and that there were no reports of fatalities.

"Preliminary reports indicate there are no serious injuries," American Airlines spokesman Tim Smith said in a recorded statement.

The flight had originated at Washington's Reagan National Airport and had stopped at Miami before travelling on to Kingston it crash landed at 10:22pm (0322 GMT Wednesday).

"All I know is that the plane landed and fell apart," passenger Betrie Carr-Camerom told AFP, adding that after the jet came to a halt people immediately rushed for the exits, where emergency slides were deployed.

She said she was most concerned about the airport's emergency response efforts.

"We were there for about 20 minutes or more and there was noone there," she said. "What if there was a fire? We would've all died."

Hall denied such reports, however, insisting to reporters that an emergency crew was at the scene within five minutes, by 10:27 pm.

"None of the injuries appear to be life threatening at this point, they are just minor scrapes," he said. "We are investigating what exactly happened."

The head of TV Jamaica, Milton Walker, earlier told the CNN news network that a local official told him four persons had serious injuries, but that most other injuries were minor.

A passenger told Walker the plane landed normally and that passengers applauded.

"Then there was a loud bang," Walker said. "That's when they (the passengers) knew something was wrong, when oxygen masks deployed and also they noticed the structure of the fuselage started to crumble.

"My information is that it's broken into three pieces," he said.

The airline would not speculate on the cause of the crash, Smith said, adding that no other details could be confirmed.

The airline is working with the US National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Authority, he said.

Typically the NTSB sends teams to the scene of crashes to determine their cause.

The airport was closed for investigators to examine the scene and for authorities to determine if the runway was safe for take-offs and landings.

All flights were diverted to Montego Bay, on the western end of Jamaica.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Just catching up... day 2 of vacation! My car exhaust is finally fixed and tomorrow I get 2 new tires and an alignment so I can faster than 60 and not feel like I am sitting on the wash machine during spin cycle!! :)

We got NO SNOW up here.. cannot beleive it!

My2.. You have a GREAT evening!!! I know that you will.

MsTee.. sorry about the problems... Louis can be a big AZZ too.. but I Love him anyhow. I know its not all him, I am sure I am just as Azzy... LOL

I dont have a big family at all.. So you and MrT (hahaha) could come up here to the great white north anytime! :)

Maybe in the future you can have nice romantic holidays alone in some wonderful, warm place. You can start your own traditions. Louis isnt big on Christmas at all so that kinda bums me out a bit. But I look forward to a nice Christmas in StLucia one day...

Well I hope you all have a WONDERFUL holiday!

Oh and Mrs P... hope you get that GREENCARD for Christmas... (fingers crossed)

Thanks Cat, I appreciate the love!

Timeline
GUYS i am freaking out my file was just "touched" i checked it earlier today and nothing and i just went back to check again as i normally do and my I-130 was Touched 12/22/2009 OMG i am freakin out :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :dance::dance::dance:

KINGSTON — An American Airlines jet overshot the runway at a Jamaican airport and ended up in a mangled mess on a beach, but all 154 passengers and crew survived with 40 mainly minor injuries, officials said.

Flight AA 331 from Miami arrived in heavy rain at Kingston airport late Tuesday.

"The aircraft totally overshot the runway and ended up over the road in the sand," said Paul Hall, senior vice president of operations at Norman Manley International Airport.

One of the jet's engines broke off, it's landing gear fell apart and the aircraft body was cracked in the accident, officials said.

Passengers had initially applauded what appeared to be a safe landing at the popular winter sun destination, according to media reports.

But the Boeing 737 jet ploughed through the perimeter fence, skidded across a road and ended up on the beachfront. The airport was immediately closed and all other flights diverted.

Information Minister Daryl Vaz told the Jamaica Observer newspaper that most of the 40 injured passengers were taken to Kingston Public Hospital and that there were no reports of fatalities.

"Preliminary reports indicate there are no serious injuries," American Airlines spokesman Tim Smith said in a recorded statement.

The flight had originated at Washington's Reagan National Airport and had stopped at Miami before travelling on to Kingston it crash landed at 10:22pm (0322 GMT Wednesday).

"All I know is that the plane landed and fell apart," passenger Betrie Carr-Camerom told AFP, adding that after the jet came to a halt people immediately rushed for the exits, where emergency slides were deployed.

"We were there for about 20 minutes or more and there was noone there," she said. "What if there was a fire? We would've all died."

Hall denied such reports, however, insisting to reporters that an emergency crew was at the scene within five minutes, by 10:27 pm.

"None of the injuries appear to be life threatening at this point, they are just minor scrapes," he said. "We are investigating what exactly happened."

The head of TV Jamaica, Milton Walker, earlier told the CNN news network that a local official told him four persons had serious injuries, but that most other injuries were minor.

A passenger told Walker the plane landed normally and that passengers applauded.

"Then there was a loud bang," Walker said. "That's when they (the passengers) knew something was wrong, when oxygen masks deployed and also they noticed the structure of the fuselage started to crumble.

The airline would not speculate on the cause of the crash, Smith said, adding that no other details could be confirmed.

The airline is working with the US National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Authority, he said.

Typically the NTSB sends teams to the scene of crashes to determine their cause.

The airport was closed for investigators to examine the scene and for authorities to determine if the runway was safe for take-offs and landings.

OMG this is horrible, I can't imagine the horror! I usually take the AA flights out of Miami to Kingston oh gosh :unsure:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

"The aircraft totally overshot the runway and ended up over the road in the sand," said Paul Hall, senior vice president of operations at Norman Manley International Airport......................

so scary, im hope everyone ends up being ok

i know if i was on that plane, i would be sooo scared to fly again

Good morning Everybody! :dance::dance::dance:

My2, I hope your man made it safely and that you're enjoying his arrival!!!

Newly, I hope you guys were approved yesterday with your interview! :thumbs:

Caramel, I hope you have good news as well with your interview! :thumbs:

Everyone, I pray you have a safe and happy holiday. Please be safe! Blessings, love, and peace :star:

Lawd have mercy! That's crazy...can you imagine?

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Just catching up... day 2 of vacation! My car exhaust is finally fixed and tomorrow I get 2 new tires and an alignment so I can faster than 60 and not feel like I am sitting on the wash machine during spin cycle!! :)

We got NO SNOW up here.. cannot beleive it!

My2.. You have a GREAT evening!!! I know that you will.

MsTee.. sorry about the problems... Louis can be a big AZZ too.. but I Love him anyhow. I know its not all him, I am sure I am just as Azzy... LOL

I dont have a big family at all.. So you and MrT (hahaha) could come up here to the great white north anytime! :)

Maybe in the future you can have nice romantic holidays alone in some wonderful, warm place. You can start your own traditions. Louis isnt big on Christmas at all so that kinda bums me out a bit. But I look forward to a nice Christmas in StLucia one day...

Well I hope you all have a WONDERFUL holiday!

Oh and Mrs P... hope you get that GREENCARD for Christmas... (fingers crossed)

Good morning Irie,

You about to be riding like brand new off the show room floor with your car! What an awesome gift...something you know you will definitely use and be able to appreciate after the holidays have passed! :dance:

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My Mom has been married to my Step-dad for over 30 years and she tells me all the time, marriage is definitely a compromise!

truth! it's mos def a learning process

What keeps me focused is that he was basically willing to try something new and leave everything he has ever known behind, so now its up to me to make sure we live a good, decent life together and give him some of the things he has never had.

straight from the heart

Nat, some men can be super sensitive, and i got one of those. So I have to think before I speak when something is bothering me, cause he may take it the wrong way. I have to do the same thing with my mom too, but I do have a super smart mouth... gets me in trouble!

ugh, i have just the opposite- my husband is too tough

does not help that we are BOTH so stubborn

i think i react by being too tough

we will find the balance

This was something really cute he did yesterday morning that evens out the times he does stupid things....he sang this to me:

Smile awhile and give your face a rest.

Raise your hand to the one you love the best,

Then shake hands with those nearby

And give to them a smile.

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

We all have little idiosyncrasies that drive us crazy in the relationship but communication is the key and never go to bed mad! When we had marriage counseling our Pastor said no matter what communication can fix ANYTHING! He was right, all I have to do is say babe something is on my mind and he is all ears, even though he knows when something is wrong before I even tell him :luv:

So Ladies communication is definitely key! I am still loud though LOL I can't help it :lol:

i love it

It truly amazes me that they do not send this kinda stuff through certified or expressed mail or SOMETHING! I mean really--for as much as stuff gets lost in the mail, and then for it to be something like a greencard which is coveted by so many?

:angry: :angry: ive thought this so many times, like when i NEVER received our paper NOA2, they wanted me to send 340$ for a new one- ummmm hello!!!!!!!! if this one stupid piece of paper is so important, why don't you send it certified mail? certified mail is cheap- tack the cost on to the filing fee's, really whats another let's say 10$ after you've spent as much as we have?

:blink:

Then I apologized to him for snapping on him earlier...his response: "no problem...mi knoa how you are when u want things done & they aren't happening that way!" :innocent::lol: Gotta love my baby for loving me--no matter what!

awwww

i hope this missing green card mess gets sorted out- STAT!

:ranting:

Sooo....my husband STILL has not received his GC in the mail! Well, when he called yesterday (or the day before), they told him that it had been sent out last week! He verified that they sent it to the correct address and they said they had. Needless to say that we still haven't received it yet. Well, I have him call back today while I'm at work, and another officer tells him that the card was actually approved and sent out on the 18th of LAST month (which is what a previous officer told him). Clearly, I'm livid, and like #######?! :angry: He checked to make sure it was sent to the correct address, and it supposedly has been. When he called today they took his number and my number, and gave him some kind of reference code. They said they would call him back (which they hadn't), so I made him call a few minutes ago. Don't know the outcome yet. Seriously, I don't know ####### is going on...any suggestions? This is pissing me off to no end, and I can't talk to these people with him not being present (they always want to verify) and my office has been so busy lately that I haven't been able to get home on a lunch break! I'm trying so hard not to take my frustration and anger out on him because it's not his fault, but I was kinda snappy earlier. :crying::unsure::help: :ranting:

Mrs. Palmer, I seriously hope the GC arrives soon!

Morning all -

I think I am one of the only fools in my office today, lol - I was at Macys at 7 am this morning confused0050.gif

Good morning Sus! I'm so out of it today! I will more than likely not get anything completed. :whistle:

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Awwwww MsSheka

From what I hear from everyone on here a touch is good. Be encouragedit'll soon come

I just got the paper in the email stating that my step-daughters CR2 from the DS230 got an RFE. :angry:

I didnt know I was suppose to send in 2 passport photos. :wacko: So I will be on my lunch break at Walgreens or CVS tomorrow making copies of the passport photo I got of her in my wallet, and sending it in to them. Wow looks like no case complete til January some time. :crying:

i sure hope so JQ :blush::thumbs: they now want two pictures :unsure: they love to crack them damn RFE's boy :angry:

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Timeline

Sus, that's nice, though, when you have no distractions at work. I plan to spend my [hopefully few] hours at work today doing my annual office cleaning: putting up the 2009 stuff & taking out the 2010 stuff. Throwing away papers I no longer need, cleaning out my desk. I usually find the day before Christmas to be a good day for that.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.