MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 21)

5,010 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Hey ladies

Congrats to all that got approved, has their men here in the US going to get approved soon, and for the strong Jamaican relationships we all have or we all have had.

Just wanted to leave this with you.

Women are great financial planners

Dan was a single guy living at home with his father and working in the family business.

When he found out he was going to inherit a fortune when his sickly father died,

he decided he needed a wife with which to share his fortune. One evening at an

investment meeting he spotted the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.

Her natural beauty took his breath away. "I may look like just an ordinary man,"

he said to her, but in just a few years, my father will die, and I'll inherit $200 million."

Impressed, the woman obtained his business card and three days later,

she became his stepmother.

Women are so much better at financial planning than men.

Cute and oh so true... :yes::yes:

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
i should clarify.. i used to love to fight bullies, i didn't like when someone tried to gang up on someone else.. i wasn't scared of nutting and didn't mind showing ppl, even if i got a beat down a time or two (fought a girl 2 times my size once cuz she pushed my baby brother)

What??? You??? U just seem like a peace not war type pf gyal. Neva knew yuh had some fiyah ta yuh....lol

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey ladies

Congrats to all that got approved, has their men here in the US going to get approved soon, and for the strong Jamaican relationships we all have or we all have had.

Dan was a single guy living at home with his father and working in the family business.

When he found out he was going to inherit a fortune when his sickly father died,

Her natural beauty took his breath away. "I may look like just an ordinary man,"

he said to her, but in just a few years, my father will die, and I'll inherit $200 million."

:rofl: :rofl:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey ladies

wow

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: Timeline
i should clarify.. i used to love to fight bullies, i didn't like when someone tried to gang up on someone else.. i wasn't scared of nutting and didn't mind showing ppl, even if i got a beat down a time or two (fought a girl 2 times my size once cuz she pushed my baby brother)

What??? You??? U just seem like a peace not war type pf gyal. Neva knew yuh had some fiyah ta yuh....lol

I agree DaDa I see her as the str8 peace maker

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Shermike has been on this website for years...no name change.

Oh so she's a oldie but goodie...Thanks.....

Hi all:

I started visiting the website a couple of years ago (2007 sometime). My story may be a little different from most of yours. I came on a student visa from Jamaica back in 2000. Met my husband in 2003 and got married in 2006 and did AOS in 2007. I am now filing for my citizenship which should be completed Feb/March 2010.

I seem to always come by when a new set of ladies are posting. I got in trouble with some of the earlier ladies because I chose to defend my Jamaican brothers from some derogatory comments made by a spurned SO. Long story short, I decided not to come back if that was all that was being posted. I am glad I did take a quick peek a couple of weeks ago because the stories are much more pleasant and happy.

By the way, good morning PhillyFashionista! Hope I got that right.

Edited by shermike

3/27/06 Got Married - Whopeee!!!!!

4/06/06 Mailed I-130 only (Not ready to mail other documents yet)

4/12/06 NOA1 on I-130

7/20/06 Mailed AOS Package (I-485, I-765, I-864, no medical documents)

7/25/06 I-130 Approved

7/27/06 NOA1

8/15/06 Biometrics

8/21/06 Completed Medical - $250.00 - Yikes!!!!

8/24/06 Received Medical report from Doctor

8/28/06 Mailed RFE to Lees Summit - Medical

9/05/06 Touched (I-485) - Received Medical

9/09/06 Touched (I-485)

9/23/06 Touched (I-130)

9/23/06 Touched (I/765) Approved

9/28/06 Touched (I-765)

10/2/06 Received EAD Card

10/3/06 Touched (1-765)

10/21/06 Received Interview date - 12/06/06

12/04/06 Touched I-485 & I-765

12/06/06 Approved pending name check - bummer!!! - So the AO says

02/03/07 59 days and counting since interview....

02/09/07 Best touch ever!!!! Got welcome notice emails!!!!

02/12/07 Touched (I-485)

02/13/07 Touched (I-485)

02/14/07 Touched & Emails ("We ordered the production of your card...")

02/20/07 Card received in the mail!!!!!! Yay!!!!

Lifting Conditions

12/09/2008 Mailed package

12/18/2008 NOA 1

1/06/2009 Biometrics

1/07/2009 Touched

5/17/2009 Approved!!!!

6/12/2009 Card produced. No status change on the website.

6/20/2009 Received card in the mail

Citizenship (Final Leg)

11/16/2009 Mailed package

11/18/2009 USCIS received package

11/20/2009 NOA1

11/24/2009 Check cashed

01/06/2010 Biometrics

03/01/2010 Interview - Passed!!!

03/26/2010 Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Nice to see some yardie vets checking in. Jawi, hope you are healing well.

Nice cards JG!

Princess, love the pics & love lil man playing w/Spongebob...he & Lehi could be playmates! :lol: Prayers for whatever good news you're waiting for & love that you're naming Baby Girl after his Mama!

Philly, NOOOO don't feel like your life is falling apart because of the kids....things WILL come together...it's just gonna take time & giving it up to God.

MsTee, that's great your son enrolled himself in school like that! It's great when youth have good goals.

Wishing everyone the best with their family adjustments involving kids....I can't really speak on any of it since I'm not a parent but I hope each family finds what works for them. The only thing I do know is that hubby & I seem to have pretty similar views on how children should act....we see kids act up in public & we just give eachother a look like 'you've got to be kidding!' LOL

:rofl: @ the pic Sus posted...'diet #######' LOL!

:lol::lol: at the turn of events at your house Cat! Glad to see there is hope there.

I know I told you on FB but congrats My2 on visa in hand!

Welcome back Shermike & congrats on the soon-to-be citizenship!

We've just been on the move non-stop today....hubby is at his tutoring right now & I hope he's not in too much pain from his root canal today. I'm going to run to the Chinese store to pick up some callaloo before they close & see if I can go pick up hubby before he has to wait out in the cold for the bus. Will post interview story tomorrow morning!

Nice to see some yardie vets checking in. Jawi, hope you are healing well.

Nice cards JG!

Princess, love the pics & love lil man playing w/Spongebob...he & Lehi could be playmates! :lol: Prayers for whatever good news you're waiting for & love that you're naming Baby Girl after his Mama!

Philly, NOOOO don't feel like your life is falling apart because of the kids....things WILL come together...it's just gonna take time & giving it up to God.

MsTee, that's great your son enrolled himself in school like that! It's great when youth have good goals.

Wishing everyone the best with their family adjustments involving kids....I can't really speak on any of it since I'm not a parent but I hope each family finds what works for them. The only thing I do know is that hubby & I seem to have pretty similar views on how children should act....we see kids act up in public & we just give eachother a look like 'you've got to be kidding!' LOL

:rofl: @ the pic Sus posted...'diet #######' LOL!

:lol::lol: at the turn of events at your house Cat! Glad to see there is hope there.

I know I told you on FB but congrats My2 on visa in hand!

Welcome back Shermike & congrats on the soon-to-be citizenship!

We've just been on the move non-stop today....hubby is at his tutoring right now & I hope he's not in too much pain from his root canal today. I'm going to run to the Chinese store to pick up some callaloo before they close & see if I can go pick up hubby before he has to wait out in the cold for the bus. Will post interview story tomorrow morning!

Ells, congrats on your AOS interview approval! You don't play with these recaps... :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Shermike has been on this website for years...no name change.

Oh so she's a oldie but goodie...Thanks.....

Hi all:

I started visiting the website a couple of years ago (2007 sometime). My story may be a little different from most of yours. I came on a student visa from Jamaica back in 2000. Met my husband in 2003 and got married in 2006 and did AOS in 2007. I am now filing for my citizenship which should be completed Feb/March 2010.

I seem to always come by when a new set of ladies are posting. I got in trouble with some of the earlier ladies because I chose to defend my Jamaican brothers from some derogatory comments made by a spurned SO. Long story short, I decided not to come back if that was all that was being posted. I am glad I did take a quick peek a couple of weeks ago because the stories are much more pleasant and happy.

By the way, good morning PhillyFashionista! Hope I got that right.

Glad you decided to dip back in! Best wishes on your final leg of your journey!

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline
Hi all:

Shermike, congratulations on all of your recent & not as recent milestones in this Journey.

I hear you. It's not fun when there's drama on here, if you're actually in it. We were just commenting last week or so that a few months ago, we got a lot of use out of this smiley :pop: but not so much anymore.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

Checking in one last time tonight while watching Charlie Brown's Xmas on TV & Hubby gets a pot of veggies on the stove...then we're sitting down to watch 'Up'! We've been looking forward to seeing this for a while....we're both big kids! :lol:

Hi MRS. THOMPSON! When are you going to change your screen name??? Hmmm? :star:

Good night Yardies!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Ells!! and everyone else!! I'm just too lazy to change my name. One of these day. I need to get on it with changing my name in real life too. I feel like I'm half Shaughnessy and half Thompson right now. I got my social changed but was too late with my husbands so now we have to wait until he gets his work permit (or whatever it's called). We also can't get him a license until he gets his AOS approved. Speaking of: Congrats Ells!!!!!

I'm so out of the loop now so sorry for other congrats I missed.

I did want to say MSTEE way to go starting a new thread!!! I'm very inpressed. Also thanks for looking out for me on that post.

Hope everyone has a good rest of the week!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Well YALL...I gotta go! I need to study before class then after class going to see Tanya Stephens!!!! Whoooo Hoooo.....

Its a pity.....u already have a wife..... :dance:

WOW j.. thats gonna be a HOT show.. have fun

it canceled :crying: think she heard its 25 degree's here....she still in JA

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Timeline
Philly....so sorry you have to deal with this MESS.....why can't everyone just get along?????DAMN!!! Really?? Well, hopefully you will look back in 3 months and say....wow-we got through it and we all survived! My son (remember I sent him away to Louisiana after he was acting an azz) will be back for good in 2 weeks.....hmmmmm, so I may be with you in the frustration soon.... He was supposed to stay all school year but there were "issues" so home he comes! He did improve his grades and he does realize that home was really not so bad...so we will see....

Jamerican how does he feel about your hubby?

Well......he has never warmed up to any of my previous relationships (not that there was ever a revolving door or anything like that :blush: ).... he would rather I not be in a relationship with anyone. He has spoken to Michael on the phone but hasn't met him. He doesn't even know we are married. My son was going through so many issues with school and smellin himself that he would have just used the marriage as an excuse for his behavior so I haven't told him.....but I have to tell him when he returns because my daughter can't hold water---even with a bucket!!! And she loves to announce to everyone that she has TWO daddy's!!

Visa Journey

Service Center :

NVC JOURNEY

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

Timeline
chiney for aftanoon snack mi ave pumpkin bread from the box...

Girl...that pumpkin bread mix is off the HOOK!!! :thumbs: I made it the other day and it is almost gone. I told Michael about it and all he could say is "Yuck" so, I am making another batch and sending him some on Sunday with a friend of mine heading down.... Once he tastes it his mind will change!

Visa Journey

Service Center :

NVC JOURNEY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.