• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Lawd, mi cyaan keep up with unno! :wacko:

Q, thanks for the welcome back! I read your interview story, what a ting! :wow:

Congrats on the approval!! (L)

I understand the struggle with different parenting styles... my son's father and I were COMPLETELY different where that is concerned. It lead to a LOT of our arguments and was a big factor in our split. A and I have a lot in common when it comes to ideals on parenting. We are both the "babies" of the family and were both a little spoiled, although still brought up to respect our elders. We talk a lot about the issues I have with my son on a daily basis and he helps me to think of ways to discipline or things I can do to help Imanni cope with life changes. Not to say that we don't still have a lot to learn about each other, but the basic parenting style is the same and I am grateful for that!

yeah from the outside looking in, the whole thing w/a one yr old from anodda woman i know is what had her suspicious, but it doesn't make our relationship any less real, in a LDR everybody have to make their own mind up about what is gonna be acceptable and what is not..

its good you and A think alike in that area, it will be such a big help down the line! :thumbs:

[07/15/07 Met RG on vacation in Jamaica

07/27/09 He proposes on one of his visits here

08/07/09 We are married!!!!!

AOS from B2 visa

09/03/09 Completed medical.. all clear!!

09/21/09 Sent off I130, I485, I131, I765.. YAYYYYYY[/color]

09/23/09 package received

09/28/2009 all 4 NOA's printed (received on OCT 1ST)

09/30/09 checks cashed!

10/05/09 receive biometrics appt for 10/28/2009

10/13/09 walk in biometrics.. !

10/26/2009 receive interview letter for NOV 30th 11:30!!!! PRAISE GOD!

11/06/2009 receive advance parole papers.. no email, no updates beforehand..

11/16/2009 After 2 WEEKS of checking the mail thinking the EAD and AP come about the same time, we get the "card production ordered" email for the EAD.. better late than never.. thank you LORD!!!

11/19/2009 receive another email stating "card production ordered"

11/23/2009 receive EAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/2009 bittersweet interview, but WE ARE APPROVED

12/02/09 social security card in mail

12/04/09 receive "welcome" letter in mail

Timeline
thats true..thats why i capitalized TRUE LOL

but i dont really mean if you LOVE them or not.. i mean ppl's ideas about respect, and whats appropriate..

my ex demanded our kids called their aunts and uncles by that name "aunt shay" or whatever.. i however didn't mind them calling them by their name (remember we had our oldest at 18 so our siblings were teenagers)

that kind of stuff..

Ooh Nooo I agree with the X on this I don’t care if the aunt is only a year or two older then them. They have to call them aunt or uncle in front of their name. My one cousin has started calling our aunts and uncles by their first names. I looked at her as if she lost her mind. She tried calling my dad buy his name and he turned around and told her call me by my first name again and watch what happens. She laughed but you could tell my dad was dead serious. She never called him by his first name again.

LOL..right.. the ex wasn't WRONG in feeling that way, we just had different views.. stuff like that, you can't compromise either, the kids are gonna either say aunt or they are not.. somebody has to bend.. its hard man.. thats the kinda stuff im talking bout..

wat di rass?? ms nelly inna ja han mi nuh get no text or nutting.. RHATID ms nelly!!!

oops :whistle:

lol..no problem, i just always am asking ms nellly where she going? i have to travel thru her LOL

AOS from B2 visa

09/30/09 checks cashed!

11/16/2009 After 2 WEEKS of checking the mail thinking the EAD and AP come about the same time, we get the "card production ordered" email for the EAD.. better late than never.. thank you LORD!!!

Timeline
Dada I think we touched on a whole other issue, Grandparent involvement. Girl these issues with my Mom are gonna rip the family apart seriously. I jut hate the everyone see's Damian as the cause of the problems. Why can't the boys be help responsible for their actions they are not babies and I'm not raising babies either. Why are they not being held to the same standards as I was. I am just mad at everyone right now :blink:

Exactly!!!! The things my son say and do my mom nor dad would neva allow. My son complains about cleaning the kitchen. He tells me its too much. Cha!!! At your age I was damn near cleaning the whole house including washing the windows and blinds and you complain about doing the kitchen and you have a dishwasher to help you? At your age I was the freaking dishwasher!!!! And my mom asks me do I do the dishes sometimes to try and help him out? Hell no. Me buying the dish washing liquid is helping him out. He made me so mad I have band him from using the dishwasher since it’s so hard with it lets see how it is without.

oooohhh yo mama know she wrong for that.. all he do is put the dishes in the dishwasher.. you had to cook what the heck???

chores is the one thing roger thinks i put too much on the kids or more, he thinks they are not old enough to do it right, so why let them do it.. he said his kids (6 and 8) would not be cleaning bathrooms and kitchens yet, maybe they would take out the trash.. he laughed when i told steph to sweep the kitchen.. all she have to do is sweep the trash on the carpet to vacuum :wacko:

AOS from B2 visa

09/30/09 checks cashed!

Filed: Timeline

Quanna sorry my friend, I forgot to tell you have to get back on FB. I will let you know when I go back in a few months ok...

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Timeline
Hey everyone :jest:

nelly ya got some SPLAINING TO do!!! LOL

Quanna sorry my friend, I forgot to tell you have to get back on FB. I will let you know when I go back in a few months ok...

a few mnths??? what happend to "travelling somewhere else" LOL!!!

AOS from B2 visa

09/30/09 checks cashed!

I know so sorry please forgive me (F)

a few mnths??? what happend to "travelling somewhere else" LOL!!!

You know I love Jamaica (L) , And i have to travel alone next time ;)

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

i know.. we all come on here chat bout travelling other places..

but Jamaica LAND WE LOVE!!!!

alone next time...hmmm that could mean sooo many things.. i will wait and see what becomes of this LOL

AOS from B2 visa

09/30/09 checks cashed!

alone next time...hmmm that could mean sooo many things.. i will wait and see what becomes of this LOL

You right about that we all love Jamaica, but i plan on going in Feb for a week i will keep you posted ok..

And you know when I was Tx my friends didnt want to do nothing so I cant travel with them, my cousin mad me miss my flight going to Jamaica last time, and this time she made me miss my flight going home, so alone I must travel...

Edited by MSNELLY

Dada I think we touched on a whole other issue, Grandparent involvement. Girl these issues with my Mom are gonna rip the family apart seriously. I jut hate the everyone see's Damian as the cause of the problems. Why can't the boys be help responsible for their actions they are not babies and I'm not raising babies either. Why are they not being held to the same standards as I was. I am just mad at everyone right now :blink:

Exactly!!!! The things my son say and do my mom nor dad would neva allow. My son complains about cleaning the kitchen. He tells me its too much. Cha!!! At your age I was damn near cleaning the whole house including washing the windows and blinds and you complain about doing the kitchen and you have a dishwasher to help you? At your age I was the freaking dishwasher!!!! And my mom asks me do I do the dishes sometimes to try and help him out? Hell no. Me buying the dish washing liquid is helping him out. He made me so mad I have band him from using the dishwasher since it’s so hard with it lets see how it is without.

Girl your situation is the same as mine so trust me you know, i need to know why it changes for the next generation. Of course I asked her and gave her examples but she couldn't give me none!

Did you get my PM?

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline

You right about that we all love Jamaica, but i plan on going in Feb for a week i will keep you posted ok..

And you know when I was Tx my friends didnt want to do nothing so I cant travel with them, my cousin mad me miss my flight going to Jamaica last time, and this time she made me miss my flight going home, so alone I must travel...

okay.. i thought either your friends was wet blankets or somebody a wait pon ya for an exclusive meeting :whistle:

awww girl,,yo cousin is outta there!!!

Girl your situation is the same as mine so trust me you know, i need to know why it changes for the next generation. Of course I asked her and gave her examples but she couldn't give me none!

Did you get my PM?

but then isn't she the same grandma that couldn't handle him over there full time CHO!!!!

AOS from B2 visa

09/30/09 checks cashed!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I feel 'ya but in our situation...things slowly changed over the years. Like he still treats her like a baby...he doesn't want her to walk around the mall by herself (even when we're at the same mall). At 17...she's old enough to drive to the mall.

I'm not sure if D met your dawtah before he came to the US some couples don't have that option -- with me, I couldn't move forward until my son met my husband a few times.

Why doesn't he want her to walk around the mall alone? Why does he feel that way?

No, he didn't meet her before. Not sure if would make a difference at this stage...we've been living together as a family for 5 years. I've know plenty of couples who kids met their spouses before and things did not work out. As times goes by, things change.

My daughter has never given us a reason not to trust her...he just feels like if something happens to her (kidnap) he will be responsible.

Awwwww, that's actually kind of sweet. He's over-protective of her. He needs to learn to teach her to be safe and let her life her life. You can't protect them from everything.

Yes, he is a wonderful stepfather to her. He really cares about her but sometimes I believe you have to be a little flexible with the rules the older they get. This is just a hump in the road.

but then isn't she the same grandma that couldn't handle him over there full time CHO!!!!

YESS This is why I'm like just BACK off Mom cause you chat chat chat but when it comes time to do they are MY kids. Girl she keeps emailing me I am ignoring her cause I dont' want to be disrespectful but she is really working my last nerve....

OK mi gawn I sent you a Pm....

Hey Ms Nelly she live pon FB LOL I love it too :thumbs:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline

thats right shems.. pretty soon she will be out of the house all together and him cyaan tell har nutting LOL

ohhh i didn't even realize damien came when she was 12, thats how old my oldest is, we must talk more often lol

AOS from B2 visa

09/30/09 checks cashed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.