02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
They just gave me a surprise bridal shower at work!!!! Im getting ready to post the pics on Facebook! :)

That is so nice!

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

awww that is so sweet mstee! Can't wait to see the pics!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: Timeline

Hey stopping thru to see how everyone is doing..... :)

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Good Morning Everyone! I wanted to thank everyone for their well wishes and congrats. I wanted to give you guys and update on his arrival so I apologize in advance for being so long-winded....

Airport

Ivan made it in on Friday around 5pm. It took almost a hour and a half for him to emerge out of the terminal so I was starting to get a little worried that he was held up in immigration. But he told me that the plane landed and did not have a gate so they were stuck on the runway for a while. Anyway, my brother and I just waited patiently. Him and my brother had never met, so he kept pointing at every dark-skinned brother asking if that was him. He finally emerged with his white t-shirt on looking so lost and my brother knew immediately it was him. I quickly ran over and we hugged a kissed. The whole experience was surreal because I could not believe my honey was finally here.

We walked over to baggage claim to find that his bags were not there, so we came to the Delta baggage claim counter to see what was up. That was Ivan's first gay male encounter in the US. This guy was flamin' times 10 and Ivan couldn't even look him in his face to answer the questions. In the most feminine voice ever, he was like "Where is your baggage claim ticket?" Then he started humming negro spirituals!! Ivan is looking at my brother like WTH :blink: ! I had to step in and save the day! I answered all of the questions and found out that his bags could be arriving on the belt within the next 45 minutes. After we left out of the office, everyone fell out on the floor laughing because he was way over the top. Meanwhile, he was starving so we decided to grab a bite to eat while waiting. Of course, Ivan was looking perplexed at all of the menus :unsure: . There was Wendys, A chinese restaurant, Domino's pizza and a soul food restaurant. He opted for soul-food and had his first experience with many more to come....After, we ate, laughed and talked. We were finally able to get his bags and walk to the car. Luckily, I had bought a coat, hat and gloves because when he walked outside to the car, he was like :wow: It was about 40 degrees.

Friday Evening

After we left the airport, we went to Atlantic Station. This is an area that has restaurants, shopping, movie theatres, bowling alley etc...We walked around to look at the Christmas decor. Then we went to Fox Sports Grille to have some drinks. After we left there, it was well after 9pm so we had to rush off to get my daughter by 11. I think he was really amazed by all of the buildings and scenery. He would often try to get me to describe what things were like, so I think he was just amazed to finally see it. We then drove home and on the way stopped at the liquor store to get his favorite drink, Appleton Rum.

After we left there, we picked up my daughter from daycare (they had parent's night out from 6-11). When she walked out to the car, she was like, " I thought Ivan was supposed to be coming." Then mid-sentence, she looked up and saw him. She walked up to him, looked up and said, Hi! You are from Jamaica." "My mommy said she is going to take me there." He picked her up, kissed her and that was the sweetest moment. (L) They had never met at this point and only talked on the phone so I couldn't believe they were finally meeting. After that we got home, he had his first encounter with the dog. We were laying on the bed and the dog jumped on his chest and stared him done. He started freaking out, like get him off. The dog finally jumped down. I guess that was their male bonding moment. Although, I don't think Ivan has gotten used to the idea of having da dog in the house.

Saturday

We woke up around nine and was immediately greeted by the kids (my daughter and the dog). Ivan opened the blinds to look outside and It was snowing!!! He was like OMG!! :o I was too...Because we don't get much snow in Atlanta. We then cooked breakfast together. We didn't get a chance to get to the grocery store, so we had to put some things together for breakfast. But, it was so nice to be able to eat as a family. My daughter is a very picky eater, but seems to like everything he has cooked thus far. After we ate, she then harrassed us about putting up the Christmas tree. I told her that we wouldn't put it up to Ivan arrived. And she had not stopped worrying me since he stepped foot in the door. We put on a reggae CD and put up the Christmas tree. Later we went walking through the n'hood in the 32 degree weather. After about 15 minutes, he was ready to bring his rass in the house. We hung around the house for the rest of the afternoon and watched movies. Later, my brother and him got out on the weight bench in the garage, took off their shirts and the testosterone kicked in. They are flexing, comparing back muscles and seeing whose smedium shirt fits the best. My daughter and I were looking like WTH!!

That evening, we packed up in the car to get out. We found a local Jamaican restaurant that is attached to a grocery store. We ended up spending like $35 on a few things, but I was so happy that he has a place close by to get groceries. We later ate at the restaurant and the food was ok. We later took my daughter to Toys R Us. Which Ivan thought was way over the top. He then got his 1st experience at the mall, which was very overwhelming. After we got a couple of sweaters, shoes and visited Sephora to try on all of the colognes. He was ready to roll!! We got home chilled for a minute and decided we were going to hit the club. We had planned to go to Club Intrique where Serani was performing. It was free before 11:30. But we ended up making it there too late and the cover was $25. I was like hell-to-the-no. So we ended up, going to Club 426 next door. When we got there it seemed kind of dead, but Ivan was happy that they sold Magnum Tonic...After about an hour the club was packed and jumping and all you could hear was blop, blop, blop... We had so much fun and it felt so good to hear him day several times that he felt like he was in Ochi. We left about 2:30.

Sunday

We woke up and realized that we were late for church. Ivan made peanut porridge for breakfast and we decided to go the noon church service. Everything was good there and he seemed to enjoy the service. We missed our "Marriage Without Regrets" class so we will have to catch it next Sunday. I'm a little nervous about that because he seems a little hesitant to take the course. Its the typical black male mentality that, "no one can tell us how to be married. " But we will see how that goes. Well I have a meeting coming up so I need to get back to work. Sorry to be so long-winded, but I probably won't get to be on hear as much so I wanted to give everyone an update.

Enjoy your day!!

Char thanks for sharing, I know you are on cloud nine now that your fiance is here! LMAO @ the flaming Airline rep, that is too funny he will definitely have many more encounters of that nature in your travels haaaa

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Morning Ladies!

So sorry Philly for your loss. I am sure your friend understands that you cannot be there.

Blessed… thank goodness you are ok, that sounds pretty scary. Hope you are feeling better…

Jess … hope your foot is feeling better and don't work to hard!

Hope the ladies with their men fresh on arrival continued to have a great weekend!!

We finally got snow this weekend in Maine. It was just enough to make everything look really pretty. Tierra and I headed to LL Bean for new snow pants and boots. She looks cute in dark purple and brown. I steered her clear of PINK this year… LOL

I was so excited to sleep in this Saturday.. Louis didn’t have to work Friday night so no reason to get up early… Well 5AM!! the neighbors upstairs had their grandson and he was running back and forth the length of the apartment for HOURS!!! Now I can understand the child getting up early… but c'mon! Can you not let him run around WITH SHOES ON at 5am? Oh man Louis was so mad. He finally called the landlord yesterday after it sounded like they were rearranging furniture ALL DAY! The landlord just called (after speaking to the people upstairs) and told Louis they were being "effing aholes"… landlords exact words!!! haha… he is such a "Mainah".

I am the 1st one to empathize and say… well its their grandson, they don’t have him all the time, or… the guy is HUGE and walks heavy. But I think it is beyond that now. I really think they don’t care, or don't like us. Louis even wrote them a note once explaining he works nights and just would like a few hours sleep in the mornings.

Its so weird how they can just not care. I would feel so bad if I were upstairs making all that noise. Now I feel all uncomfortable when I run into them outside. UGH…

Ahhhh Cat, that just straight SUCKS!!! I really can't stand inconsiderate people! Not to mention they are now raising an inconsiderate grandchild! Oooh man, I can't stand when parents, grandparents whomever do not put limits on their children! There has to be boundaries! I don't blame Louis for being vex! If I finally get a night off & get to sleep in & fi 'ear some racket inna mi head @ FIVE inna deh mawning!! Mi woulddah raise HOLY 'ELL tuh!!!!! :angry:

Gill

I would go upstairs and talk to them about their noise problem then if that didn't work then I would go to the landlord and call the police about the music but this is only if they try to be nasty about.

Timeline

Hi Nelly

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Caramel...

When they played music all night I mentioned it to the landlord and asked him if I should talk to them and said he would take car of it... and he did. then they all of a sudden got heavy feet that got worse and worse. So Louis wrote a note to them. The woman came banging on our door ... saying SORRY in a very unconvincing tone... So Louis finally called the landlord yesterday and he spoke to them this morning. I guess they were pretty rude to the landlord as well.

The thing is we live in a small 5 apartment building. The rest of my neighbors are friendly! My cousin and his girlfriend lived in the apartment before we did and said they never had a problem.. this is 5 years my cousin lived here. So personally I think they have a problem with us.

There really is no need for the police. My landlord is cool with us and totally understands!

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Hey Dillion, how is the family doing? did yall get some snow yet?

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Family is doing good and no snow yet. Although the hubby and his son really want to see some. How about you guys any snow?

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
... Later, my brother and him got out on the weight bench in the garage, took off their shirts and the testosterone kicked in. They are flexing, comparing back muscles and seeing whose smedium shirt fits the best...

.... We missed our "Marriage Without Regrets" class so we will have to catch it next Sunday. I'm a little nervous about that because he seems a little hesitant to take the course. Its the typical black male mentality that, "no one can tell us how to be married. " But we will see how that goes.

I was finally able to read Char's story and these are the two parts that struck me the most. :lol: @ the smedium shirts and I went through that same issue with getting Steven to take the pre-marital workshop @ church. Good luck!

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Family is doing good and no snow yet. Although the hubby and his son really want to see some. How about you guys any snow?

we got a lilttle last nite but it all melted, i'm so not ready for no snow :crying:

Timeline

JG, yes, my dress & his shirt matched. That is the same dress I wore for our reception, except then I used yellow accessories instead of black ones.

ROFL @ Dillon's gasx / her husband asking comments.

MsTee, that was very nice of your co-workers! I look forward to seeing the pics when I get home (in 3.5 hrs)

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.