7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I didn't know where to post this one, so I hope this is in the right section

I have a few questions, if a resident goes to the hospital, are they allowed to get free service or since they are residents do they have to pay full price? everything that is done in a hospital is private, correct?

Also, once a person is a legal resident, what kind of things can they do to lose their chances of becoming a legal citizen?

( I already know the obvious things like breaking the law )

Thank you for your help :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I didn't know where to post this one, so I hope this is in the right section

I have a few questions, if a resident goes to the hospital, are they allowed to get free service or since they are residents do they have to pay full price? everything that is done in a hospital is private, correct?

Also, once a person is a legal resident, what kind of things can they do to lose their chances of becoming a legal citizen?

( I already know the obvious things like breaking the law )

Thank you for your help :)

Hospitals MUST give medical treatment to ANYONE regardless of the persons residency or ability to pay. Period. You are obligated to pay. If you do not pay the hospital can sue you or it will damage your credit.

Credit matters are civil issues and do not affect your residency. There is a whole list of things that will cause you to lose your residency, check the guides here or the USCIS website.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline
What if someone lost their job and they could apply for free medical treatment through their program? would that be a problem? thanks again

Through waht program? You need to be very specific. It could be a problem, it may not be, depends on the program you speak of.

Gary And Alla

Timeline
they have a program for people who don't earn enough money to get free service here in Virginia. They didn't seem like it'd be a problem when we were there, but I wanted to double check.

well, again, the devil is in the details and you give none. "A program in Virginia" means nothing. Which program? Is it a medicaid program administered by the state?

The US citizen is ALWAYS eligible for any type of governm,ent, that never changes. The immigrant or intending iimmgirant is not eligible for certain government aid programs. Medicaid is one ofthem. (Immigrants ARE eligible for emergency medicaid) Some states choose to administer the medicaid program with a state program and then that program would be ineleigible. The best way is to go to the programs website and fill out an application, it will tell you whether or not they are eligible in the application

If you are applying for a US citizen, you may still be able to list immigrants in your family size but not get benefits for them. some programs do not allow you to even claim them in the application which puts your family size as ONE and lowers the income statndard, usually, far below what you make and rules you out.

Since there are no further details and I am not going to come back over and over and you do not like to mix cheese with horseback riding...get the applications and check it out.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.