Zeus26

Philippines CENOMA requirements

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am from a country that has no embassy or consulate in philipines. My filipin fiance want me to marry her in her country. I do not know how to overcome the CENOMA requirement since my country has no ambassy there. Is there anyway I can marry my fiance in Filipin whithout the certificate of no marriage? Please help!

:huh::huh::huh:

04-12-08 Married

06-11-08 Mailed I-130 Package

06-18-08 NOA1

08-08-08 NOA2

10-22-08 Interview USEM

10-28-08 Visa Received

11-01-08 POE

That was fast!

Got to love the fact my wife was preggy and even with a RFE @ NVC she was still here in under 5 months!

This is what you do, if you have been married before, and divorced, bring a copy of your divorce to the philippines.

In manila at the US embassy , bring your passport and some money (about $30?) and you get a form "legal capacity to marry" a stamped paper from the us embassy saying you are not married and can legally marry.

Then you can have a wedding or civil marriage, I believe they require you take a class for a few hours before they issue the marriage cert #

Just ask them at the us embassy they will tell you what to do.

Avoid fixers!

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
This is what you do, if you have been married before, and divorced, bring a copy of your divorce to the philippines.

In manila at the US embassy , bring your passport and some money (about $30?) and you get a form "legal capacity to marry" a stamped paper from the us embassy saying you are not married and can legally marry.

Then you can have a wedding or civil marriage, I believe they require you take a class for a few hours before they issue the marriage cert #

Just ask them at the us embassy they will tell you what to do.

Avoid fixers!

I am from a country that has no embassy or consulate in philipines. My filipin fiance want me to marry her in her country. I do not know how to overcome the CENOMA requirement since my country has no ambassy there. Is there anyway I can marry my fiance in Filipin whithout the certificate of no marriage? Please help!

he is not from the US. i don't know if the US embassy accommodates people who are not US citizens. how?

Timeline

As I stated in my post I am not a US citizen so I cannot go to the US embassy to request any document. I am from a country far away from Philippines and my country has no embassy or consulate in Filipin from which I could get this paper. That is the problem.

So what country you from? does your country issue a singleness? If it does, just bring it with you.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Timeline

I am from Ghana. I live and work in the US for the UNO. I met my fiance thru religious organizations and plan to visit and marry her in filipines this spring. I will have no problem bringing her in the US. I cannot obtain the CENOMA in filipines because my country has no diplomatic ties with philippines. The only document I can produce to show that I am not married is my birth certificate which will come from my country. All birth certificates produce in my country have a mention to show whether the individual is married, divorced, or single.

Thank you for your input.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

very important your personal info how cant you prove that you are sigle?

bert certifecate is the first requirement you dont have any legal document

hummmm...

I-129F Sent............................02-21-08

I-129F NOA1...........................02-24-08

I-129F NOA2...........................07-31-08

NVC Received.........................07-14-08

Consulate Received.................07-20-08

Appointment Letter Received....07-31-08

Medical Exam..........................08-26,27-08

Paid Delbros (DV)....................09-09-08

USEM released docs to N.S.O......09-15-08

Interview Date........................09-19-08 (pink slip and white slip for dv)

N.S.O forward dv to USEM...........10-10-08

Papers are ready for review at the Counsel....10-27-08

Waiting for the printing for my visa................11-3-08

Visa Received.........................11-7-08

flight to USA...........................11-15-08

POE DETROIT..........................11-16-08

Married..................................12-30-08

S.S.S.....................................Nov-20-08

State I.D ...............................Nov-22-08

Working Permit........................Feb-12-09

GreenCard...............................Jun-4-09

Let JESUS be

the owner of your Heart...

Let his love be

your inspiration

to live life For

his Glory.....

May the two Heart

finally beat as one

523135dk607du962.gif 2843e33xll20h8.gif

:huh: If your not a US citizen then I do beleive you can not bring your future wife here.

04-12-08 Married

06-11-08 Mailed I-130 Package

06-18-08 NOA1

08-08-08 NOA2

10-22-08 Interview USEM

10-28-08 Visa Received

11-01-08 POE

That was fast!

Got to love the fact my wife was preggy and even with a RFE @ NVC she was still here in under 5 months!

Well, you at least have to be a permenant resident in the US....and that takes longer than if you were naturalized.

For our Full timeline

event.png

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Timeline

I am not US citizen and I do not want to be. As I stated in my post, I work for the United Nation (international organization) thus I have a diplomat status. I have no problem bringing my wife here. Once I marry my fiance she will have the same visa for diplomat and she will be allow to come here or to go anywhere in the world with me. My only concern is how to marry her in philipines since theer is a CENOMA requirement that need to be obtain in embassy in filipines.

Thank you

We understand you need the singleness, but the only reason that americans have to do the affidavit in US Embassy is that the US has no singleness paperwork like in the philippines. They dont track marriages the same way. You need to get the paperwork from your home contry like you would be marrying a US Citizen... (kinda like if you were the one being petitioned). You have to prove you are single. You may want to have your girlfriend ask around to see. there may be special circumstances for you since there isnt an embassy in the philippines for you.

You may need to talk to a lawyer or your UN connections to see how it is done 100%.

Edited by Scott and Mhay

For our Full timeline

event.png

Timeline

Dear Scott:

Thank you very much for your answer. It is the best answer so far. Now I understand why this document is requested from US citizens. It is because the US does not keep a national record of divorce and marriage as other countries do. In my case since my country has a national record of everything, I will produce my birth certificate (a recent one) that show that I am not marry and that I am single. That will suffice to allow the marriage.

Thank you bery much and God Bless you. If others can add any input I would be very thankfull/

Timeline
I am from a country that has no embassy or consulate in philipines.

There is Ghana Consulate in the Philippines http://www.ghanaconsulatephilippines.com/f...orderby=updated

http://www.ghanaconsulatephilippines.com/2...late-in-rp.html

My filipin fiance want me to marry her in her country. I do not know how to overcome the CENOMA requirement since my country has no ambassy there. Is there anyway I can marry my fiance in Filipin whithout the certificate of no marriage? Please help!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

You're confusing the requirement to have a CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage) with the Legal Capacity to Marry. Depending on where in the Philippines you are getting married you're probably going to need both. A CENOMAR is issued by the NSO (National Statistics Office) in the Philippines regardless or whether you're from the Philippines or not. It simply states that the NSO has no record of a marriage by you in the Philippines. On the other hand the legal capacity to marry is usually issued by your consulate or embassy.

IR-1 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Manilla, Philipines

Our Journey

Civil marriage: 2008-05-26

Catholic ceremony: 2008-06-28

I-130 mailed to lock box: 2010-02-08

I-130 NOA1: 2010-02-22

I-130 Approved: 2010-04-29

NVC Received: 2010-05-03

Called NVC to give email addresses: 2010-05-04

DS-3032/I-864 Bill received via email: 2010-05-06

Pay I-864 Bill online: 2010-05-06

Emailed DS-3032: 2010-05-06

Downloaded I-864: 2010-05-07

IV Bill activated online: 2010-05-11

Pay IV Bill online: 2010-05-11

Mailed Completed I-864 to NVC: 2010-05-15

Received DS 230 package from Philippines: 2010-05-19

Sent DS 230 package to NVC via FedEx: 2010-05-19

NVC AVR acknowledges receipt of documents 2010-05-26

Sign-in failure 2010-06-08

NVC case completed 2010-06-08

Received interview notice email: 2010-06-14

Medical: 2010-06-21

Interview date: 2010-07-09

Visa approved: 2010-07-09

I-130 approved in 66 days from NOA1 date.

Interview took 137 days from I-130 NOA1 date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.