Jonathan Matthies

UPS may be in the process of losing my final K-1 packet to Katya

16 posts in this topic

Question 40 of the DS-156 (not DS-156k - she better fill that out herself since it's in Russian!) is "Application prepared by:" Which is technically me, since I filled out the web page and generated the PDF file for her. I know the consulate website has instructions written in Russian on how to fill out the form; so if worse comes to worse she can just do it all herself.

If I can email the I-134, 156 and/or 230 to the consulate; that would be a big bonus. I don't know what else they would accept via email; but all of our 'evidence of meeting' information is electronic except for the boarding pass and museum ticket stub - and those are lost for now. Emails, skype chat, purchase receipts from Russianservice.com - all stuff I can email to Moscow.

when they ask if it was prepared by someone else, they are referring to professionals, visa services or attroneys. You can fill it out for her. You can put your name on it if you like, you do not have to. makes no difference.

That's good to know. I may have to go with her printing the docs and maybe emailing them to the Embassy. The package was NOT stuck in customs before; because NOW it is stuck in customs. UPS gave the following message:

"THIS SHIPMENT IS WAREHOUSED UNTIL IT IS RELEASED BY CLEARING AGENCY"

So #### UPS. So annoying. I'll use FedEx from now on.

Dude, I feel for you. I just sent my girl all the vital interview docs, and I gladly paid $101 dollars to FedEx it. I just knew the important, original, irreplaceable papers would get there. THe 2Lb envelope arrived to her door in 5 days, a day ahead of schedule. Truly, FedEx is the gold standard when ya need to get important papers around the world with no problems or excuses. I hope your papers get where they need to be soon.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.