The_Sage1

Best shipping method from the United States to the Philippines?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What is the best method to go about shipping important documents to the Philippines? I have shipped to my fiancee before and it's taken up to 3 months before to arrive at her place using first class. I need something that will arrive in a week or less that won't cost an arm and a leg. I'm sure it'll be pricey...but what's the best value?

What is the best method to go about shipping important documents to the Philippines? I have shipped to my fiancee before and it's taken up to 3 months before to arrive at her place using first class. I need something that will arrive in a week or less that won't cost an arm and a leg. I'm sure it'll be pricey...but what's the best value?

Fed Ex.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

Fed Ex.

I sent my documents weighing about .3 pounds and it took 3 buisness days and cost about 50 dollars from fed ex. it might be expensive but got there quick and it was alot safer then regular mail. they look through regular mail and it sits in the wearhouse for days. Not with Fedex

june 11th sent AOS paper work

june 24th got the three letters

july 14th finger prints done

What did you ship it on, The Slow Boat To China

As the commercial says

Next time better use Fed X..............

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Timeline

OMG my Fiance wants to kill me because everytime I send her some little gifts and greeting cards I try to save a few bucks and go USPS Priority. She hasn't recieved the last package I sent her yet and it's been over a month. I heard stories of postal workers stealing mail so now its like who knows, but it drives her crazy because she has no patience!

Just sent the support Docs for interview. A 2Lb FedEx envelope cost me $101 bucks. Up to 8 oz costs $53. It's worth it , knowing that the imp docs will get there in 6 days, with tracking all along the way.

For everyday cards and letters, USPS gets 'em there in 10 days. For sending care packages, the BalikBox gets it done for about $60 bucks--takes 6 weeks by slow boat to china, but I pack about 85 LBs of goodies in it, and its fun on both ends, for the sender and receiver.

Edited by Hopp

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hard to beat FedEx ... and they are located just about everywhere in the USA ...

Another option for some would be LBC ... but LBC is not located in every state ...

http://www.lbcexpress.com/

NEVER send anything important to Philippines vis USPS ... once it enters the Philippines it is handed off to the Philippines postal service ... and all bets are off after that ...

-- George

JollyRogerSIG.gif

"Yes I am a Pirate - 200 years too late - The cannons dont thunder

There's nothing to plunder - I'm an over 40 victim of fate"

Visit my website! OR Visit me at Friendster!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I never had problem with USPS. The only thing I don't like about them is you have to pick it up at the Post Office.

But if you are sending important documents, I always use FedEx.

IV IR-5 Timeline for Parents

USCIS

08/02/2016 - sent I-130 application for my parents via USPS Priority Mail

08/05/2016 - Priority Date

08/08/2016 - NOA1s Notice date

08/09/2016 - NOA1s text message and email received

08/10/2016 - money orders: cashed

08/13/2016 - received NOA1s in the mail

08/24/2016 - touched

12/27/2016 - Cases Approved! (148 days or 4 months and 26 days total)

---

NVC

01/12/2017 - NVC Welcome Letters Received (Case Number + Invoice Number)

01/13/2017 - Completed DS-261

01/25/2017 - Received IV Fee

01/26/2017 - Paid AOS fee

01/30/2017 - Paid IV Fees

02/03/2017 - Completed IV and AR Application

02/23/2017 - sent NVC packets via USPS Priority Mail (note: I have to wait for my mom's police certificate, so there was a bit of a delay before I can send the package)

02/27/2017 - packets received at 11:30 am signed by N Visa Center

03/01/2017 - Scan Date

05/06/2017 - Case Completed

05/12/2017 - NVC scheduled the interview!

06/02/2017 - Medical (06/14 to 06/15 - Dad's Sputum Test)

06/16/2017 - Mom's Interview Date (Approved!)

Timeline

Does anyone know what shipping company the US embassy used to ship the packets to the fiancee? I really hope they don't go through the main postal service in the Philippines. They are slow!

Does anyone know what shipping company the US embassy used to ship the packets to the fiancee? I really hope they don't go through the main postal service in the Philippines. They are slow!

if im not mistaken its DHL

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

Timeline

USEM uses Air21, for both the letter prior to interview, and for sending passport w/visa to beneficiary. Air 21 is the Philippine contractor for FedEx. We have used them several times now without the slightest delay or problem.

For the delivery of Iris's visa she was able to fill out an authorization form provided by Air21 on interview day to have someone else pick up the visa package at Air21's office in Davao City. This also required the other person to have one of Iris' ID cards. Logistically - this helped greatly. Their first delivery attempt in Davao City was 2 days after receiving visa from USEM. USEM took 5 days to issue the visa after the interview.

July 26 '09 I-129F Petition Sent

Oct 6 '09 Petition Approved

November 6 '09 Medical Complete

November 12 '09 Interview Complete

November 19 '09 Visa Delivered

November 25 '09 POE

February 6 '10 Married

September 30 '10 AOS App sent - crazy overloaded!

December 13 '10 AP Email notice

December 17 '10 EAD Hardcopy received. Yeah!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.