beatlesrebel

Question regarding checklist form

25 posts in this topic

Hi all,

My fiance is filling out his checklist form to send off to the London embassy and we found that the form wants the date for when he travels, the wedding, and his medical appointment date. We don't know when he will be traveling or when the wedding will be. Can we leave these spots blank? Also, he doesn't have his medical appointment yet, he will be calling down there next week to schedule. We wanted to get his embassy forms sent off this Friday. Do we need to wait until he has his medical appointment, or is it okay to send the form without a medical appointment date written in the appropriate space? Thanks so much!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

You can leave the travel date blank. The medical date is a new requirement and I wouldn't leave that off. They will not now do the interview if you haven't had the medical, a recent new rule, but if they will schedule the interview if you leave it blank, those waters haven't been tested yet to my knowledge.

Edited by Lansbury

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

You can leave the travel date blank. The medical date is a new requirement and I wouldn't leave that off. They will not now do the interview if you haven't had the medical, a recent new rule, but if they will schedule the interview if you leave it blank, those waters haven't been tested yet to my knowledge.

Thanks for the info. Never really thought about that, makes sense. He'll try calling them tomorrow. :)

Thanks for the info. Never really thought about that, makes sense. He'll try calling them tomorrow. :)

You might try picking a wedding date about 30 - 45 days down the road. They don't ask for proof and you may get a quicker interview date.

Just a suggestion.

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

You might try picking a wedding date about 30 - 45 days down the road. They don't ask for proof and you may get a quicker interview date.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks for the advice!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I just stated "Feb 2010" on my wedding date. Not that my fiance and I have made any actual weddings plans, we can't really do so without knowing when/if visa will be approved-family here need a lot of notice to be able to fly over for a ceremony, and most can only come on certain times of the year. We'll have to get married before we can have a proper wedding celebration. I'm hoping to be able to go over to the US and marry him in Feb, so I figured I might as well put that one down and see what happens. I have heard of a lot of people that have put down particular dates and seem to get interviews sooner than those that don't put anything. Maybe it's just luck, but I figured it couldn't hurt to give it a try.

Edited by FrostyMist

I just stated "Feb 2010" on my wedding date. Not that my fiance and I have made any actual weddings plans, we can't really do so without knowing when/if visa will be approved-family here need a lot of notice to be able to fly over for a ceremony, and most can only come on certain times of the year. We'll have to get married before we can have a proper wedding celebration. I'm hoping to be able to go over to the US and marry him in Feb, so I figured I might as well put that one down and see what happens. I have heard of a lot of people that have put down particular dates and seem to get interviews sooner than those that don't put anything. Maybe it's just luck, but I figured it couldn't hurt to give it a try.

Oooh good idea! Never thought about doing that, too late now though. My fiance sent off his forms to the embassy this morning!

• 2 weeks later...

Where does it say on the forms a space for the medical date? I filled out the forms yesterday and didnt come across that question. Nor a particular question about the specific wedding date? There is just a space to explain when you are intending to travel, yes? Am I right?

And also are you writing a cover letter to explain your plans too?

We put a provisional date of Feb 01 2010 for travel and said we'd be getting married as soon as possible, pending the interview. We really intend to marry on June 27th, but I would like the interview out of the way asap. I have also heard on VJ of people asking for an earlier date, as then the embassy schedules the interviews according to that more or less.

Where does it say on the forms a space for the medical date? I filled out the forms yesterday and didnt come across that question. Nor a particular question about the specific wedding date? There is just a space to explain when you are intending to travel, yes? Am I right?

And also are you writing a cover letter to explain your plans too?

We put a provisional date of Feb 01 2010 for travel and said we'd be getting married as soon as possible, pending the interview. We really intend to marry on June 27th, but I would like the interview out of the way asap. I have also heard on VJ of people asking for an earlier date, as then the embassy schedules the interviews according to that more or less.

Have you downloaded the Checklist Form IV-15k?? (Notification of Applicant Readiness) It's the form you send back to the embassy to say you have all the required documents and are ready for an interview.

On that form you'll find a space for your date of wedding, date of travel, and date of medical :)

Ohhhh yes I have I was getting confused with the main application forms which only ask for travel plans, sorry.

So the IV-15k (Notification of Applicant Readiness) is all we send back or do we also have to send:

DS-230 Part 1,

Form DS-156,

Form DS-157 and

Form DS-156-K aswell?

Ohhhh yes I have I was getting confused with the main application forms which only ask for travel plans, sorry.

So the IV-15k (Notification of Applicant Readiness) is all we send back or do we also have to send:

DS-230 Part 1,

Form DS-156,

Form DS-157 and

Form DS-156-K aswell?

it looks like you got the answer on another thread :) but yes, make sure you send all those forms back. and also make sure you send 2 copies of DS156 and DS157 :) i think i ended up sending them 2 copies of everything just to be on the safe side!!! lol! but thats not really necessary.

i'd also recommend keeping a photocopy of all the completed forms for your own personal record! again not necessary, but handy just in case :)

i must have filled that DS-156 online like 4 times seriously!!! each time i printed it off i found another mistake i made. apparently im not very good at proof reading... haha!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
i must have filled that DS-156 online like 4 times seriously!!! each time i printed it off i found another mistake i made. apparently im not very good at proof reading... haha!!

It's not just you --- I must have checked over my forms at least a dozen times, plus I had my fiance look them over, and several members of my family. Yet we still managed to find errors!

DS-230 Part 1,

Form DS-156,

Form DS-157 and

Form DS-156-K aswell?

Make sure you have all the documents you'll be asked for during the interview (birth certificate, police check, affadavit of support, etc). You're not supposed to send off the checklist until you have all those assembled. There's a checklist on the IV 15k form for you to tick off all of the necessary documents you'll need to bring, so you know you've got everything. Don't send any certificates or documents (not even the I-134) in with your checklist - they'll probably just lose them. They'll ask for them at the interview instead.

Edited by FrostyMist

Ok thanks very much guys!!! You're amazing! We have all the documents at the ready, but as London havent even officially recieved our case yet (grrr) :bonk: we're not sending the forms back just yet. But we're well prepared with all documents needed just need more current pay slips from Russ's employer, but he'll give me those when he comes over for Christmas anyway. I'm sure I'm driving everyone on here crazy with my eagerness and organisational skills lol.

Oh and one more question if you dont mind?? :blush: Do all forms have to be signed? There seems to a bit of confusion over this...

Sorry to take over the topic! Oops!

Edited by RUSSandRACHEL

Ok thanks very much guys!!! You're amazing! We have all the documents at the ready, but as London havent even officially recieved our case yet (grrr) :bonk: we're not sending the forms back just yet. But we're well prepared with all documents needed just need more current pay slips from Russ's employer, but he'll give me those when he comes over for Christmas anyway. I'm sure I'm driving everyone on here crazy with my eagerness and organisational skills lol.

Oh and one more question if you dont mind?? :blush: Do all forms have to be signed? There seems to a bit of confusion over this...

DS 230 part 1 sign it

DS 156 sign it

DS 156k don't sign it!!

DS 157 no space to sign

also, dont forget to sign and date any additional sheets you need to use :)

xxxx

No need to be sorry, that's what it's here for! I originally started this thread and got great responses, so I'm glad it's helped you as well! I loved reading the recent posts in this thread because my fiance and I have done the same thing. He made several copies of the forms to send to the embassy and to keep for himself! lol We had a mixup on the DS-156 as well! We are waiting for his interview date as we speak. His medical is next Wednesday! I've made several copies of my affidavit of support documents so that I can send duplicates to him, but have a copy as well here. We aren't worried about getting his interview ASAP, obviously we want it here fast so we can get it done, but he has a few bills he's paying off before he leaves the country. It's very exciting to be at this stage of the process! Good luck RussandRachel!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.