beatlesrebel

Question about extension letter

9 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have a dumb question. My fiance and I are preparing a request for extension in case his interview date is scheduled after our approval expiration. I want to include our I-797 number on the letter, but I wanted to make sure I put the right number. The I-797 number is the WAC number on the NOA2 letter correct? Thanks!

Your case number starts with LND. When is your expiration date?

Yeah, I have the case number down. I read it's recommended to put the I-797 NOA2 number as well, or does that refer to our LND number? Our expiration date is December 26th and we're hoping to have his forms sent to London the end of next week. We just wanted to write up a letter asking the embassy to extend our approval date if need be, in case they can't get our interview scheduled before our expiration date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If you are sending the DS forms in by the end of the week, then they will receive them long before the expiration date so if they don't process them in a timely manner, they will automatically extend it, I would think. You can write a letter but I am not sure that it is necessary. From the timelines that I see, as long as you have everything in, and they process everything and you should get an interview date before the expiration date. It has taken about 3 weeks for everything to be put into the system for us and now all that we are waiting on is an interview date.

If you are sending the DS forms in by the end of the week, then they will receive them long before the expiration date so if they don't process them in a timely manner, they will automatically extend it, I would think. You can write a letter but I am not sure that it is necessary. From the timelines that I see, as long as you have everything in, and they process everything and you should get an interview date before the expiration date. It has taken about 3 weeks for everything to be put into the system for us and now all that we are waiting on is an interview date.

Awesome, thanks for the information! We won't worry about the letter then, would probably create more confusion than anything. I tend to be a bit over-cautious with this stuff sometimes. Hope you get your interview date soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I totally understand...I am the same way. You may already know this but make sure that the medical is booked soon...There is a post in the UK forums that talks about the changes that just happened on November 2nd. Good Luck with everything!!! We are both close to finally seeing an end point...yeah!!!! I so hope to hear something this week about an interview date. At this point, that is all we are waiting for...they have everything else done. Fingers crossed but I am not going to hold by breath...but I am always hopeful

I totally understand...I am the same way. You may already know this but make sure that the medical is booked soon...There is a post in the UK forums that talks about the changes that just happened on November 2nd. Good Luck with everything!!! We are both close to finally seeing an end point...yeah!!!! I so hope to hear something this week about an interview date. At this point, that is all we are waiting for...they have everything else done. Fingers crossed but I am not going to hold by breath...but I am always hopeful

Thanks for the heads up, I looked through the UK forums and couldn't find anything specific about November 2nd, I did see a post that stated you have to have the medical done at least one week prior to the interview. No problem there. Thanks! It's so exciting to know we are almost done with this step! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll hear something this week!

Thanks for the heads up, I looked through the UK forums and couldn't find anything specific about November 2nd, I did see a post that stated you have to have the medical done at least one week prior to the interview. No problem there. Thanks! It's so exciting to know we are almost done with this step! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll hear something this week!

You'll see the official word on the new medical appt procedures on the London Embassy visa blog: http://www.usembassy.org.uk/visaservices/?p=1076

Good luck with the rest of your journey!

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

You'll see the official word on the new medical appt procedures on the London Embassy visa blog: http://www.usembassy.org.uk/visaservices/?p=1076

Good luck with the rest of your journey!

Wonderful, thank you so much!! Congrats on receiving your visa!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.