Jen&defs

Newbee needs help

21 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Don't forget to keep the receipts, bus tickets, boarding pass, hotel reservations of course photos of u w/ her and her family...U could use those things for documentation wen ur ready to file the petition. Good luck again!!! B)

Sdk4m8.png

4msavwlwa.png

AOS and EAD timeline:

January 20, 2010 - Sent AOS and EAD

January 22, 2010 - AOS and EAD received and signed for by CHYBA

January 28, 2010 - Check was cashed

February 2, 2010 - Received NOA1 for AOS and EAD

February 2, 2010 - Notice date biometrics appointment

February 5, 2010 - Received appointment notice

February 23, 2010 - Biometrics appointment

February 24, 2010 - Touch on AOS and EAD :)

March 12, 2010 - Received my interview letter for April 15, 2010 (dated March 9, 2010)

March 18, 2010 - EAD card production ordered

March 23, 2010 - 2nd e-mail (EAD card production ordered)

March 24, 2010 - 3rd e-mail (Approval notice for EAD sent)

March 27, 2010 - EAD received

April 15, 2010 - Interview (Approved)

April 23, 2010 - Card production ordered

April 28, 2010 - Card production ordered

May 3, 2010 - Received my green card! :)

ROC:

March 24, 2012 - Sent ROC packet :)

March 26, 2012 - I-751 packet received :)

March 29, 2012 - Check was cashed :)

March 30, 2012 - NOA1

April 27, 2012 - Received biometrics appointment.

May 23, 2012 - Biometrics Appointment - done :)

September 26, 2012 - ROC approved :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Wanting cheap phone calls, but flying during the most expensive high season of the year?! :blink:

Why not wait until after the first week of January, when fares will be go back to normal rate, and save hundreds. Think of all the phone calls you can make with that. :whistle:

Thanks for your reply HOPP and I under stand your concern BUT... My fiancee and I been talking on the phone for months and in chat room i don't know much about skype and internet voice and cams till now from members on Visa JOurney. :bonk:

#1 and I want to put money aside for the trip to see her in December because she has her vacation then and goes to see her Mom, dad and family for the holiday they live on a farm with now computers and the nearest town is six hours away. :crying:

#2 her family members and extended family want to talk to me and her mom gave me a list of people she wants me to call and wants to talk to me and meet me. I.E. which means more international phone calls!! :help:

#3 I care for her dearly and she is what I need and I want in my life and i will go to see her in December and marry her with Gods help and whoever God puts in my life to assist me. so for me to search the internet to find people to help me to support a lie is stupid. I will get 100% good advice and help only to sit my dumb #### in front of a computer and pretend to have a beautiful loving woman waiting for me to marry is truly a sad way to spend my life and time. :( So thank you again for you time and your comment but please know the full story before you send little photos to assume someone is dishonest :devil:. I love Visa Journey and I'm glad I found it. Hopp you are a good person I hope to hear from you again and get more help in the near future I tell you what happens when I return and I wil post some photos too GOD BLESS you and God Bless Visa JOurney. :dance:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello I need some good advice on the Phillippines. I will visit my fiancee for the first time this December in Manila then to Quezon and later visit her very large family in a far province. A lawyer told me that its hard to file fiancee K-1 visa there how true is that I assumed it would take 6 to 8 months tops pending no mistakes on my behalf and holidays and how the processing center works. please enlighten me.

It's not hard to file K1-Visa. You can use the guidelines here in visajourney. You can also ask some questions when preparing your application. I suggest to have at least 2 visits, so that it's more convincing that you are having bonafide relationship. Don't forget also when you visit her, to keep all evidence that you've been in the Philippines. You don't need to hire lawyer to file K1-Visa. Most of us here, didn't hire lawyer until our green card application.

Usually, upon filing, normal process until embassy interview and visa delivery took 4 - 6 months.

Also does any one know of good hotels and restaurants and thrifty things to do there my fiancee is a country girl but has been in manila a year or so and is not too familiar with these things she is a sort of a home body.

Try www.tripadvisor.com for the list of hotel and its review and rates. I grew up in Manila, maybe I can help you on what places you can visit around Manila as well as nearby places. You can ask me what itinerary you might wanted to do with your fiance, and I might give you some tips so that you don't have to spend more.

How much is the fees to obtain a passport and the police backround check, vaccinations and other fees and processes to get a K-1 visa out side of the $455.00 processing fee.

If you mean police clearance abroad, I don't have any idea. Aside for K1-Visa fee, 455usd, you might spend more approximately 500usd (that's for passport application, medical examination fee and expenses, cfo, cenomar and nbi clearance), that's it if your case is in normal process. It might be more than, it depends on your fiance because my husband (fiance before) didn't send me money for the process of my K1-Visa in the Philippines except for half of my airfare expense.

how can I make cheap international calls to the Phillippines. my phone bill is shocking.

who has the best airfares with no booking fees and better flight connections from the new york, new jersey area of the east coast

I am not sure, my husband have 150usd cellphone bill every month. He is using US Cellular, he is calling me twice a day. It depends on you time and flight, try www.bookingbuddy.com for online airfare comparison.

THANK YOU for all responses please give me all insider info and tips to survive and bring my baby to me. :thumbs: P.S. anyone know a good cheap service or lawyer to file K-1 visa with to help me expidite the process please let me know.

Never use lawyer for filing fiance visa. You might screwed up.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Timeline

and be carefull they might eat you , just kidding, really nice people over there , crazy drivers, one big thing take lots of pictures of you and her together and the family, and no lawyer there just blood suckers they promise you will get visa dont believe them, do the work yourself so you know where you stand, good luck

Timeline
Hello I need some good advice on the Phillippines. I will visit my fiancee for the first time this December in Manila then to Quezon and later visit her very large family in a far province. A lawyer told me that its hard to file fiancee K-1 visa there how true is that I assumed it would take 6 to 8 months tops pending no mistakes on my behalf and holidays and how the processing center works. please enlighten me.

Also does any one know of good hotels and restaurants and thrifty things to do there my fiancee is a country girl but has been in manila a year or so and is not too familiar with these things she is a sort of a home body.

How much is the fees to obtain a passport and the police backround check, vaccinations and other fees and processes to get a K-1 visa out side of the $455.00 processing fee.

how can I make cheap international calls to the Phillippines. my phone bill is shocking.

who has the best airfares with no booking fees and better flight connections from the new york, new jersey area of the east coast

THANK YOU for all responses please give me all insider info and tips to survive and bring my baby to me. :thumbs: P.S. anyone know a good cheap service or lawyer to file K-1 visa with to help me expidite the process please let me know.

Sorry for the late reply, apparently Yahoo thought Visa Journey was spam and was not updating me when someone replied on my thread!! BOO YAHOO!

Anyway, a relatively decent and somewhat inexpensive place to stay (in Manila) is Best Western Astor, book it on Agoda.com or if she has an SM rewards card she might be able to get a better rate from that than Agoda. Check both and pick the cheaper option. It's a decent place and near the malls in Makati. Nothing super fancy, but hey you did ask for frugal options.

Cheap phone calls, well there's always Skype (or any of it's dozens of competitors, Google has a newer one that's decent). Personally I/ we use yahoo messenger with cam and voice so it's more like actually being there, but if she's in the provinces or can't access the internet...

Vaccines you can do a package deal with your medical exam for I think $300?? There's instructions on the Manila Embassy site (in English and Tagalog) for the other requirements.

Airfares check BTStore.com. I haven't been able to beat them yet.

One other tip that will save you a lot of money... never, ever take a taxi right outside the hotel, walk 1-2 blocks first and make sure they use the meter. It's also counter-intuitive, but it's not always best to let her haggle for everything just because she speaks the language. Most vendors and taxi drivers/ etc. can speak English and will see it as a weakness that you won't haggle yourself and try to take advantage of you. If your soon-to-be fiancee is smart and savvy like mine, it doesn't matter much, but if she's sheepish and shy, you're better of taking the reins.

K1:

Began chatting online 1-2-09, Met in Philippines 9-5 to 9-15-09, Mailed I-129F 9-17-09, I-129F delivered by USPS 9-21-09, Check cashed 9-21-09, NOA1 issued 9-21-09, NOA1 paper copy received 9-28-09, NOA2 issued 12-18-09, NVC received date 12-24-09, NOA2 paper copy received 12-28-09, NVC sent date 12-29-09, Embassy received date 01-05-10, Medical 01-07-10 & 01-11-10 approved/ passed, Interview date 01-14-10 APPROVED! MY HONEY'S COMING!, Visa delivered 1-27-10 Manila time, Arrival in U.S. 2-4-10 POE Minneapolis/ St. Paul

Married! 2-14-10 in Las Vegas

AOS:

Applied for SSN 2-17-10 Received SSN and Cert. Marriage Cert. 3-2-10

Mailed AOS packet 3-3-10

AOS paperwork confirmed delivered 3-4-10

Email/ text notification of NOA1s 3-12-10

*touch* 3-15-10 AOS & EAD

Paper copy NOA1s received 3-16-10

*touch* 3-17-10 AOS & EAD

Received biometrics appointment letter 3-20-10, appointment set for 4-12-10

Case transferred to CSC 3-31-10!! Yay!!

Received email notice 4-6-10 I-485 received at CSC

Biometrics done 4-12-10, Milwaukee, WI ASC

Vicky got her driving permit, 4-12-10

*touch* 4-13-10 AOS & EAD

*touch* 4-21-10 AOS only

*touch* 4-22-10 AOS only

EAD card production ordered 5-14-10.

*touch* 5-17-10 EAD only

EAD card production ordered 5-19-10 (again?)

Received "Welcome to USA" letter 5-25-10, permanent resident application approved!

EAD card received 5-29-10

Greencard received 6-11-10

Positive pregnancy test 6-12-10

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Sorry for the late reply, apparently Yahoo thought Visa Journey was spam and was not updating me when someone replied on my thread!! BOO YAHOO!

Anyway, a relatively decent and somewhat inexpensive place to stay (in Manila) is Best Western Astor, book it on Agoda.com or if she has an SM rewards card she might be able to get a better rate from that than Agoda. Check both and pick the cheaper option. It's a decent place and near the malls in Makati. Nothing super fancy, but hey you did ask for frugal options.

Cheap phone calls, well there's always Skype (or any of it's dozens of competitors, Google has a newer one that's decent). Personally I/ we use yahoo messenger with cam and voice so it's more like actually being there, but if she's in the provinces or can't access the internet...

Vaccines you can do a package deal with your medical exam for I think $300?? There's instructions on the Manila Embassy site (in English and Tagalog) for the other requirements.

Airfares check BTStore.com. I haven't been able to beat them yet.

One other tip that will save you a lot of money... never, ever take a taxi right outside the hotel, walk 1-2 blocks first and make sure they use the meter. It's also counter-intuitive, but it's not always best to let her haggle for everything just because she speaks the language. Most vendors and taxi drivers/ etc. can speak English and will see it as a weakness that you won't haggle yourself and try to take advantage of you. If your soon-to-be fiancee is smart and savvy like mine, it doesn't matter much, but if she's sheepish and shy, you're better of taking the reins.

Thanks for your help i'm arriving in manila xmas day to visit with her and her family. So far so good i have my plane tickets and the hotel is booked so i'll keep plugging away til the day and picking you guys brains whenever i have some questions thanks to you all and GOD BLESS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.