soul_encounter

Casa Interview Techniques

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good Morning

I know 2 US women whose moroccan fiances had interviews this week neither know each other. Both men reported having to place their finger into a little plastic thing with wires that ran into an adjoining room, after being seated and before questioning began. Neither were told what this thing was for. First they were asked routine easy questions, fiances name, their names, where they lived, etc. Then a few more detailed questions about the relationship, and ended with having the man Swear, he truly loved his fiance and that was his sole intent in this visa, to be with his fiance. After which the CO left the room, went into the adjoining room where there was another officer, talked a bit and then came back. Now, the second of these men, said when the lady was speaking with him she was so nice during the questioning. When she came back, she was rude, short, and yes he was denied. (japanese lady btw)

Now, my question is, has anyone ever heard of the Embassy using polygraphs for the interview? Is this standard, new, or could that have been something all together different? What do you all think? And I had always heard a polygraph could be admissable into court as a means of showing innocence, but not guilt, could be wrong on that too though.

It raises many interesting questions in my mind, i'm not exactly sure how these things work, but I do know a lot of the guys go into an interview feeling as if they have already commited a crime of sorts just for having fallen in love with a woman outside their country and filing a petition. How would that effect a polygraph regardless of how that guy truly feels for his fiance?

I met the couple who was denied when I was in morocco, I had no doubt of his love for her, I saw him crying after she left and heartbroken missing her.

How do you feel about the possibility of polygraphs being used in interview? Are we confident in these machines judging our love? Not sure how I feel about it right now. Will post more later, have a great day all.

*Met Online 3/11/05

*Met in person 3/11/06

*NOA1 5/1/06

*Imbra RFE received by CSC 7/18/06

*NOA2 8/10/06

*9/28/06 Packet Received

*10/11/06 Interview Success

Sounds like the digital fingerprint scanner.

Good Morning

I know 2 US women whose moroccan fiances had interviews this week neither know each other. Both men reported having to place their finger into a little plastic thing with wires that ran into an adjoining room, after being seated and before questioning began. Neither were told what this thing was for. First they were asked routine easy questions, fiances name, their names, where they lived, etc. Then a few more detailed questions about the relationship, and ended with having the man Swear, he truly loved his fiance and that was his sole intent in this visa, to be with his fiance. After which the CO left the room, went into the adjoining room where there was another officer, talked a bit and then came back. Now, the second of these men, said when the lady was speaking with him she was so nice during the questioning. When she came back, she was rude, short, and yes he was denied. (japanese lady btw)

Now, my question is, has anyone ever heard of the Embassy using polygraphs for the interview? Is this standard, new, or could that have been something all together different? What do you all think? And I had always heard a polygraph could be admissable into court as a means of showing innocence, but not guilt, could be wrong on that too though.

It raises many interesting questions in my mind, i'm not exactly sure how these things work, but I do know a lot of the guys go into an interview feeling as if they have already commited a crime of sorts just for having fallen in love with a woman outside their country and filing a petition. How would that effect a polygraph regardless of how that guy truly feels for his fiance?

I met the couple who was denied when I was in morocco, I had no doubt of his love for her, I saw him crying after she left and heartbroken missing her.

How do you feel about the possibility of polygraphs being used in interview? Are we confident in these machines judging our love? Not sure how I feel about it right now. Will post more later, have a great day all.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes, I am sure that was what it was. My husband had to do that.

Do tell what was the reason for the denial? Do they need any help? If they want to prevent their case from being returned to USCIS, they must act very quickly.

I am sure they are all in shock, but action must be taken right away!!

chi

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Timeline

Do tell what was the reason for the denial? Do they need any help? If they want to prevent their case from being returned to USCIS, they must act very quickly.

chi

You guys are probably right, it is just so hard to trust them with all these horror stories. Fingerprinting is not so bad though. She doesn't have the letter yet, he does and scan wasn't working well, so no word on why yet exactly. He did miss a question about her ex husbands name and an interpreter was called in, so his understanding of the questions was limited. I know she is 11 years older... but all is speculation for now. She did contact her senator and they asked for all her case information to be overnighted to them saying to her "with morocco supporting lebanon and things getting uglier there, we expect casas interviewing to become even stricter."

Will update as I know more, if anyone has any advice for me to pass on, please do

*Met Online 3/11/05

*Met in person 3/11/06

*NOA1 5/1/06

*NOA2 8/10/06

*9/28/06 Packet Received

Timeline

chi

You guys are probably right, it is just so hard to trust them with all these horror stories. Fingerprinting is not so bad though. She doesn't have the letter yet, he does and scan wasn't working well, so no word on why yet exactly. He did miss a question about her ex husbands name and an interpreter was called in, so his understanding of the questions was limited. I know she is 11 years older... but all is speculation for now. She did contact her senator and they asked for all her case information to be overnighted to them saying to her "with morocco supporting lebanon and things getting uglier there, we expect casas interviewing to become even stricter."

Will update as I know more, if anyone has any advice for me to pass on, please do

Section 221 G which prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone whose application does not comply with the provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act or regulations issued pursuant thereto.

Not extremely informative

*Met Online 3/11/05

*Met in person 3/11/06

*NOA1 5/1/06

*NOA2 8/10/06

*9/28/06 Packet Received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I wonder if it depends on the interviewer.... Rachid just talked witht the lady.. she did not get my income information... she just asked when we met, how we met, the only thing that almost messed us up is the fact that my e-mail name has changed so much in 2 years... but sorry Rachid did not have any experience with the finger thing...

sarah

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Have you heard any more as to the reason for the denial? I am so intersted in what the findings of the CO were.

chi

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Timeline

welcome taythad... never saw you before, i see you're processing thru morocco... there's a bunch of us here! again, welcome :D

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Timeline
welcome taythad... never saw you before, i see you're processing thru morocco... there's a bunch of us here! again, welcome :D

Noura

Thanks for the welcome .... I hoping things will go smooth.....but after reading some of the posts I am getting a bit worried :unsure:

JAIME & HICHAM

Timeline

Noura

Thanks for the welcome .... I hoping things will go smooth.....but after reading some of the posts I am getting a bit worried :unsure:

it's way too early in the game to start worrying... casa seems unpredictable at this point, we're all hoping for a smooth ride... inch'allah, yours will be too! keep your chin up and stay on top of your case... :star:

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

To me it seems like if you don't have ANY red flags, it's pretty hard for them to deny you... although sometimes they seem to be wayyy off...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.